CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The Mac thread (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=148465)

Adlerhorst 04-02-2007 02:04 PM

The Mac thread
 
Well we needed one - so i have started a thread for all things Mac. Please can this thread not be used for PC/Mac, "ours is better than yours" arguments. You have made your choice and so have we.

Quick question. Does anyone subscribe to .mac? Do you think it is worthwhile?

Adlerhorst 04-02-2007 02:04 PM

Can someone put this in the correct forum - thanks - thought I was in computers and gaming. Sorry

Tomo 04-02-2007 02:06 PM

Cool thread but I expect there will be one or two posters coming on telling us we are gay because of the computers we use.

Adlerhorst 04-02-2007 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tomo
Cool thread but I expect there will be one or two posters coming on telling us we are gay because of the computers we use.
I am wearing a grey and pink striped top today ;)

hakers 04-02-2007 02:13 PM

Mac users are gayers.

;) :D

RickyB 04-02-2007 02:14 PM

If I want a computer I'll buy one, and it won't be a Mac.

cumbrian_eagles 04-02-2007 02:19 PM

I'm surprised it lasted so long!

ROCK'N'ROLL 04-02-2007 02:28 PM

You can try the .mac membership for a month with a free trial. I don't know too much about it, but I do know that you can upload your calenders, address book and website bookmarks very easily. This is handy when you are away from your computer and need to access this stuff on the internet. It's more powerful than how I explained it though.

fang 04-02-2007 08:06 PM

I wouldn't bother with .mac. It has always struck me as costing more than it's worth especialy as Google et all are offering much of the same for free. The only thing that is a plus is the back up storage service but I think even BT's "digital vault" is cheaper.

Brummie Allan 05-02-2007 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RickyB
If I want a computer I'll buy one, and it won't be a Mac.
You’re a naughty boy, if they want to talk about their piece of furniture, let them :rolleyes:

beef 05-02-2007 07:23 PM

Has there ever been a Macintosh thread which hasn't resulted in a mac bashing session?















p.s. macs are gay

Granada allover 05-02-2007 07:26 PM

I've subscribed to dot mac for the web options - very easy to create a good looking site at speed.

LSEagle 05-02-2007 09:04 PM

So I guess this is the best place to ask the following.

I'm looking to get a Macbook once Leopard is released, I want one of the Macbook pros 15". Which one of the two would you recommend, I want the better one but the entry level one is probably better value.

http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObje...clm=MacBookPro

cumbrian_eagles 05-02-2007 09:08 PM

I'd advise you to keep an eye on the refurb store, same stuff just cheaper but if you want anything none standard (apart from memory, apple is expensive for that) you'll have to buy new. I'm not 100% sure where you stand with regard to getting leopard with a refurb. My next Mac will from the refurb store though.

LSEagle 05-02-2007 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by cumbrian_eagles
I'd advise you to keep an eye on the refurb store, same stuff just cheaper but if you want anything none standard (apart from memory, apple is expensive for that) you'll have to buy new. I'm not 100% sure where you stand with regard to getting leopard with a refurb. My next Mac will from the refurb store though.
Thanks for the advice although I'll be getting a 15% student discount (which I think is only available when buying new)

Lardy 05-02-2007 09:21 PM

If you're looking for mac trends and news in general a good feed is this one from MacUser

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/macuser/news/rss

Malakite 05-02-2007 10:56 PM

I too must say for the first time ever I have been thinking about Macs...

Simply don't know enough about them though to have much of an idea!

Adlerhorst 05-02-2007 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Malakite
I too must say for the first time ever I have been thinking about Macs...

Simply don't know enough about them though to have much of an idea!

Basically it depends on what you want to do with it. If it is for work type stuff, pie charts and the like, get another pc. If it is for home type stuff, pictures music, etc get a mac

ozeagle 06-02-2007 12:14 AM

MaW getting excited ;)

LSEagle 06-02-2007 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Adlerhorst
Basically it depends on what you want to do with it. If it is for work type stuff, pie charts and the like, get another pc. If it is for home type stuff, pictures music, etc get a mac
Of course Macs can now run Windows though (and with this you can run windows and osx sessions on the same desktop)


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.