• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
    Will Hull be the new Oldham.......?
    Hulldam.
    © trufan enterprises 1960

Comment

Why worry about Hull when Palace hold all the aces and can decide their own fate with 6 more points out of 30 likely to be enough to relegate them.

6 more points from Palace in 10 games leaves Hull needing 11 points from 9 games.

With Hull's awful away record this leaves them having to win 4 home games out of 5 against West Ham,Boro,Watford,Sunderland and Spurs

Hull's away games are far from easy Man City,Stoke,Southampton and Palace.

Hull have only won 5 home games out of 14 played so far but now have to win 4 of their last 5.

Can you really see Palace not getting more than 6 points which makes Hull's task even harder.

COYP

Comment

Originally posted by hdeagle View Post
        Why worry about Hull when Palace hold all the aces and can decide their own fate with 6 more points out of 30 likely to be enough to relegate them.

6 more points from Palace in 10 games leaves Hull needing 11 points from 9 games.

With Hull's awful away record this leaves them having to win 4 home games out of 5 against West Ham,Boro,Watford,Sunderland and Spurs

Hull have only won 5 home games out of 14 played so far but now have to win 4 of their last 5.

Can you really see Palace not getting more than 6 points which makes Hull's task even harder.

COYP
        Huldham

OLDHLL
        If you don't like the BBS moderators policy on racist and bigoted posters, please remember that other sites are available.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.

Comment

COYP
          I really don't think 6 points will be enough.

Comment

Nor do I. We might get away with eight.
            Salt Peanuts! Salt Peanuts!

Comment

Originally posted by scro View Post
              I think the reality is however that this tighter harder to beat palace is more likely to pick up the odd shock draw (possibly even win) as opposed to the version we saw earlier in the season that would have mustered plenty of shots on goal but lost badly.
              You may well be right. 40 years of supporting Palace has, however, taught me to have low expectations - anything more is a wonderful surprise

Comment

Originally posted by Olympian2 View Post
                You're right but of course I don't expect the players of Spurs, Arsenal, City, Man Utd, Liverpool or Chelsea will be as worried by these facts - or that we didn't muster a shot on target at home to Watford.

That's what makes this thread (and football in general) so infuriatingly addictive - the same facts & figures that can be used to show we are categorically staying up can also be used to prove without doubt that we are doomed.

We just need to keep hoping that we can pick up some surprise points and that the others don't. Bloody Palace, they'll be the death of me.
                We didn't have one on target but we had shots.. cabayes effort was close.. wilf had a volley blocked which probably was on target and we created a fair few chances.. so the shots on target thing is a sport bible special.. we created chances.

We have go into the top 6 games with no expectation.. and they have pressure on them, probably as much..

We need to not worry about surprise points and win the games against hull Burnley and Leicester.. then it's job done anything else from the other 7 is a bonus

Comment

Originally posted by LDNEAGLE View Post
                  I'm calling 10 more
                  I think so as well

8 is the minimum needed for me

Comment

What makes you think that Hull are going to get 14 points out of 27 when they have only got 24 out of 87 so far and have a goal difference of -32 having conceded 58.

They have won just 4 games in the league since October and their only away win was back in August.

COYP

Comment

What makes you think that Hull are going to get 14 points out of 27 when they have only got 24 out of 87 so far and have a goal difference of -32 having conceded 58.

They have won just 4 games in the league since October and their only away win was back in August.

COYP
                      A. They appear to have improved recently
                      B. They have a kind set of fixtures
                      C. Most years some teams near the bottom rally and pick up more points in their final 10 games

Anyway, there is no point arguing it really. We are all guessing and there is no right or wrong anyway because these things aren't going to follow some kind of pre determined destiny... Anything could happen from here, it hasn't been written.

Comment

Even if Hull do benefit from their easier run in they'll have to pass other teams besides us.

COYP FACT

(sorry hd it's catching)
                        Russia demonization. Akin to 1930's Germany.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
                        Pretty obvious really.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
                          A. They appear to have improved recently
                          B. They have a kind set of fixtures
                          C. Most years some teams near the bottom rally and pick up more points in their final 10 games

Anyway, there is no point arguing it really. We are all guessing and there is no right or wrong anyway because these things aren't going to follow some kind of pre determined destiny... Anything could happen from here, it hasn't been written.
                          West Ham beat Hull that will finish them

Comment

COYP
                            Because it's the end of the season. All sorts of things happen. West Brom were bottom at Christmas but lost only 3 of their last 12 games. We all know what happened that season.
                            I was sick and tired of everything
                            When I called you last night from Tesco

Comment

Why is nobody thinking we could be the side that has that run to propel us up the table we are on a run of three unbeaten

Everybody is talking all the other teams up but not us that seems strange to me

Comment

There's too many teams in the mix right now to worry about Hull. Sure Hull might go on a streak. But then Swansea might not. Or Watford and Burnley might continue their awful runs.

Let's just concentrate on getting some decent results and put any doubts on the back burner.
                                Eddie Skyclad's On-Ride POV Rollercoaster Videos - Go on... watch some of them :p

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!

Comment

We have to get Benteke scoring again - or hope Campbell/Remy come in and grab a few. Can't keep relying on Wilf, Andros or Deeney to get the goals we need.
                                  © trufan enterprises 1960

Comment

There are so many unknown variables involved i think the temptation to seek comfort from stats is potentially misleading. I still think it's a coin flip at this moment in time as to whether we will do enough and i think the bookies have offered significant value on a bet for us to be relegated for most of the season. I have cashed mine out though for a decent profit as i think we look far more likely now than ever to pull it off. I think we possibly have the best starting 11 currently in the bottom half and i think we are starting to look solid. The trouble is the dreaded run in and the fact that ultimately it's not a case of comparing the teams directly.

Comment

I can't see Hull getting enough points. I would much rather have more points but a harder run in than be in Hull's position.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe1905 View Post
                                        Why is nobody thinking we could be the side that has that run to propel us up the table we are on a run of three unbeaten

Everybody is talking all the other teams up but not us that seems strange to me
                                        Have you been a Palace fan for long?
                                        If you don't like the BBS moderators policy on racist and bigoted posters, please remember that other sites are available.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.

Comment

Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
                                          Have you been a Palace fan for long?
                                          Yeap my 30th year as a season ticket holder so seen a lot of ups and downs, just feel we have a good team spirit now and enough about us to cause problems, to all the teams we have left to play.

Comment