View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 07:07 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Probably the coldest game I've ever stood/sat through. Such a shame because it kind of took the enjoyment away from what was probably our biggest glamour result for about 7 years. The League Cup 2-2 draw the year before against Forest was probably more exciting though.

The FA Cup 4th Round saw us trundle over the river to White Hart Lane - crammed and dangerously rammed as we were pre Hillsborough - and watched us taken apart by probably the best Spurs side in 50 years.

Our successes and moments in the sunlight in those days were so few and far between. Seriously, you could count on one hand the games that we made headlines in between 81-87. Some disgruntled BBSers today would've been reaching for the rope and chair if they had to endure that.

All I can think of in terms of real eye catching, newsworthy results from those years was:

3-1 home win against top of the table Newcastle

Beating Sheff W 1-0 at home and stopping their amazing unbeaten run that stretched from the start of the season to the end of November

A home FA Cup win against Div 1 strugglers Leicester

And unless I've forgotten - that was that in about 7 years. Thing is - I really enjoyed those days