Thread: Jazz Funk
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 07:28 PM
Spottieottiedopalicious

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestperch View Post
Jeff Young Saturday lunchtime show was essential listening for me as I drove to Selhurst. He was more commercial than Robbie Vincent and also leant a bit more towards hip-hop/rap e.g. the first Mantronix album that I don't think RV would have played. Still scouring some of those playlists 30 years later for unidentified tracks. Most of them sound just as great now.
Yeah RV used to play a lot of stuff like Alex Malheiros and Jap-Jazz like Hiroshi Fukamura and Ken Muramatsu.
Jeff Young played a lot of what he called 'def' which was essentially hip hop like Davy DMX and "purple" which was stuff like The Family, Andre Cymone, Morris Day and of course Prince. He also played commercial stuff like 5 Star

Much preferred Robbie Vincent but JY was still decent listening
Horrible day. Don't even know why I went, after the home game 'experience.' Will not visit SE25 again. With others as a 'guest' in their antiquated main stand. Constant abuse, intimidating each time we scored. Never been so pleased to lose.

Cooler than a Polar Bears Toenail