Thread: On This Day
View Single Post
Old 18-05-2018, 07:46 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I’m no big believer in fate, but the stars just kept working for us that season.

Tommy Black’s generous penalty with not long left against Walsall
AJ misses the penalty but the rebound comes straight back to him to slot home
We go to Coventry who have nothing to play for, only needing a point
We manage to lose for what seems like the first in months
Brian Deane of West Ham scores against Wigan in the dying moments to give us life again
The Sunderland home leg - brilliant game, brilliant atmosphere, and we just shave a ding-dong battle
Losing the away leg, we need a goal, and Julian Gray gets sent off
It is over now, right?
Darren Powell, a central defender who hasn’t played a minute for months, comes off the bench to head home
It’s also not really noticed that Shipperley is almost certainly fouling the keeper at the time
Both teams look finished at extra time, and we manage to win the penalty shootout
Gray is now suspended for the final and his replacement Shaun Derry has probably his best game for us in his first spell here
Shipperley scores
Leigertwood possibly gives away a penalty
There’s no real scare from West Ham and that’s it - we’ve done it

And I like it, I like it, I like it, I like it, I liiiiike it, liiiiike here we go, rockin all over the world

What a few months they were to be a Palace fan