Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 11:35 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
He didn't leave us in the lurch, plenty of time to recruit, and ended up as a huge cock up.

Falmer, the home of Hove Albion.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:02 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogilvy View Post
Very few of us wanted him
Very few? I would say it was pretty split. I wanted him for his footballing ability but consider him a thoroughly dubious character. But we were in shit Street and he was the best option. A view held by plenty and certainly not few
Old 08-12-2017, 01:03 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
Parish brought in Sakho on loan then bought him.

BFS bought PvA.

Go figure.
Absolute bollocks. But what else would I expect from you on this subject?
Old 08-12-2017, 01:04 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
A considered post brimming with objective comments. There will always people who doubt his integrity, particularly the FA, but there's no doubt he's a very good manager.
Spot on.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:10 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
Parish brought in Sakho on loan then bought him.

BFS bought PvA.

Go figure.
What happened with Sakho was we'd just finished our game against Bournemouth on transfer deadline night and Parish literally caught Sam in the tunnel after the game and said Sakho was available on loan and needed to make a decision there and then if he wanted him or not. Obviously Sam said 'yes'. So not quite a Parish loan.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:28 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
What happened with Sakho was we'd just finished our game against Bournemouth on transfer deadline night and Parish literally caught Sam in the tunnel after the game and said Sakho was available on loan and needed to make a decision there and then if he wanted him or not. Obviously Sam said 'yes'. So not quite a Parish loan.
So Parish offering Sakho to SA isn't a Parish loan?

I'd say he can take credit for it personally.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:44 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
What we don’t is ‘if’ Sam asked SP to go get him before or SP went for him knowing he could be available and obviously a top defender. In any case

Sam - top man.
Steve - top man.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:35 PM

leeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Good reasoning that I will use in future.

The next time someone offers me a beer, I will say yes and then take credit for it when it arrives.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:39 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
So Parish offering Sakho to SA isn't a Parish loan?

I'd say he can take credit for it personally.
Not sure of the background. Might've been a case of Sam saying he wanted him early in window and Parish just checking at last minute if he still wanted him? Who knows?
Old 08-12-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeeooooh2 View Post
Good reasoning that I will use in future.

The next time someone offers me a beer, I will say yes and then take credit for it when it arrives.
But if you say no and it turns out that beer was amazing and you missed an experience of your life, that would be your fault right not your mate offering you the beer?

Old 08-12-2017, 02:46 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
What we don’t is ‘if’ Sam asked SP to go get him before or SP went for him knowing he could be available and obviously a top defender. In any case

Sam - top man.
Steve - top man.
I think it was all down to my suggestion on the BBS months before so I am not having them pinching the credit
Old 08-12-2017, 02:50 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Don’t rate what Sam did as much as Pulis or Pardew because of the time to make an impact and the money spent to do so. Never seen our players in recent years so poor as they were against Sunderland Sams old team. He is a mercenary but at least didn’t shit on us like Pulis. Feel pretty neutral towards him as I do Pardew for his shit second year and recent statement that he deserved longer. If Pulis was on the tracks at East Croydon and one of our BBSers was driving the train I would leave him there
Old 08-12-2017, 04:07 PM

leeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
But if you say no and it turns out that beer was amazing and you missed an experience of your life, that would be your fault right not your mate offering you the beer?

Say no to beer...can you see your mistake here
Old 08-12-2017, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeeooooh2 View Post
Say no to beer...can you see your mistake here
Damn, schoolboy error
Old 08-12-2017, 06:05 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Sakho definitely performed far better last season than this one, he’s been fairly good but error prone and walkabouts for some goals we conceded. I’d go as far as to say that his performances for us under Allardyce are his best since he moved to England 4 years ago, clear evidence of the fact that Sam got the best out of him which he deserves credit for, regardless of whether the signing was his or Parish’s.
Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:27 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Why we still discussing SA. He done his job, He left. He’s managing someone else.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:39 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Sakho definitely performed far better last season than this one, he’s been fairly good but error prone and walkabouts for some goals we conceded. I’d go as far as to say that his performances for us under Allardyce are his best since he moved to England 4 years ago, clear evidence of the fact that Sam got the best out of him which he deserves credit for, regardless of whether the signing was his or Parish’s.
Mmm back to back away clean sheets would say his influence since coming back from injury is pretty clear. Just is presence in the defensive unit, even if he has been lucky to avoid a couple of mishaps.

No defender is immune to allowing a couple of goals. Otherwise some Italian giant would be playing him.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:37 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Mmm back to back away clean sheets would say his influence since coming back from injury is pretty clear. Just is presence in the defensive unit, even if he has been lucky to avoid a couple of mishaps.

No defender is immune to allowing a couple of goals. Otherwise some Italian giant would be playing him.
Clean sheets against two of the most toothless teams in the league in Brighton and West Brom. Big influence nonetheless but that was always going to happen when the rest of our defence is average-poor. Sakho seemingly was immune to allowing goals last season, I can’t recall a single defensive mishap of his, and even if there are ones I’m forgetting every match was a 8-10/10 performance from him. But at Liverpool he was rather error prone, and I think we’re seeing the return of this occasional overplaying and general dawdling at the back this season. I’ll emphasize that he’s a good player and I rate him highly before I get vitriolic replies for ‘hating’ on him.
Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 08-12-2017 at 07:48 PM.
Closed Thread