Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-09-2018, 12:29 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zareba2003 View Post
You can't always get what you want.
But if you try some time, you just might find, you get what you need.
Old 14-09-2018, 12:30 PM

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble Wrap View Post
Wonder which is the hardest block at Selhurst? Could organise a tear up amongst those in blocks that like to fight. A quiz for the nerds amongst us and a cake competition for the Nigels. Add all the points together and winning block gets to chose to move or not. Lets hav it
Back of Blck D wins hands down.

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 14-09-2018, 12:31 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresthillbilly View Post
yes, it does slightly muddy the waters, in my opinion. Not necessarily wrong, but I like to have confidence in my sources of information.
I tell my son 51,000 saw a second division game at Selhurst against Burnley and he is incredulous

Anyway over 6,000 submissions now over at To view the link you have to Register or Login
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 14-09-2018, 12:32 PM
glad all over

Son of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Totally off topic but i didn't want to start a thread about it but is the Forum list the new homepage or is a new one under construction? Thx
Old 14-09-2018, 12:32 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
Not everyone goes to football to sing and shout. Some psychopaths go to watch the football.
Beware the quiet ones?

Last edited by in-exile; 14-09-2018 at 12:34 PM.
Old 14-09-2018, 12:39 PM
Block E, for now anyway

peterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
No I have been watching the back of E from the AW corner .. you're like a bunch of Arsenal fans!
If you want support from the rest of us to keep your seats you need to put some effort in.
Just as well I'm not in the back of block E then isn't it!
Old 14-09-2018, 12:42 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterr259 View Post
Just as well I'm not in the back of block E then isn't it!
If you are standing with the front then I salute you Sir!

afmluing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineafmluing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineafmluing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineafmluing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineafmluing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineafmluing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineafmluing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineafmluing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineafmluing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineafmluing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineafmluing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Yes I can see the value of vocal support, but I think the problem they have with block B, they will have again at the back of block E, the Lower Holmesdale (whilst we're in the premier league) will be almost completely full of season ticket holders, so there is no room for any group to expand. The most sensible suggestion I've seen to date would be to move the studio and fill the corner with seats to join the HF and the Arthur together and people wanting to join these groups could fill the corner, gives them room to expand without all the s**t that's going on at the moment. The TV cameras will go to them wherever they sit, and if the noise is going to spread it can spread through 2 stands. But no the HF want block E!
Planning permission has already been granted (subject to Mayoral approval) for 683 additional seats in the corner between the LH and the AW. The approved plan is here:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

The top section of the new seating involves relocating the Sky "studio" which is rarely used (even when Sky are showing our games they invariably use an external studio). However the box is a Premier League requirement, so redevelopment of the top section of the corner would have to wait for the main stand redevelopment. No reason however why, say, 300 seats (rail seats?) in the lower part of the corner section could not be put in for next season with a temporary roof at the level of the bottom of the Sky studio?

Could be a viable alternative to moving ahead straight away with Block E and would test the HF's capacity to link with the AW to create an expanded corner cauldron of noise. Admittedly the sight lines from that corner may not be great, but the HF focus is on supporting not having the best view.

I am not suggesting that the central singing section idea be abandoned. The support for the idea appears widespread, but timing is important and the name of the game at the moment is getting the HF back in, but with a clear understanding that the central singing section will come in alongside rail seating.

Last edited by afmluing; 14-09-2018 at 12:50 PM.
Mmmm Danone!

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleDAN View Post
A good few supporters of the HF do appear to be very egotistical and aggressive. Thats a shame.
You can always get what you want. Accept it.
It is only the anti-HF that has resorted to childish name-calling though.
Old 14-09-2018, 12:43 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by STOCKTON View Post
Wow - doing your best to deny any support and evidence here. It's already had more likes than there are dissenters in Block E.
Wow - Not at all - I don't deny that there is good support but at the same time I can't ignore you suggesting that the rednblue's support reflects their 6k subscribers.
Old 14-09-2018, 12:45 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumpy View Post
You should see the thread on HOL. It's all out anger and insults over there
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 14-09-2018, 12:48 PM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
errrrrr,...

Nigels ? Prawn-sandwhich eaters ? those that sit on their hands ?,...etc,,...etc

Last edited by foresthillbilly; 14-09-2018 at 12:51 PM.
Old 14-09-2018, 12:52 PM
Mmmm Danone!

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
You should see the thread on HOL. It's all out anger and insults over there
I am feeling slightly hungover today, and if I look at their awful thread layout I think I may end up vomiting!
Old 14-09-2018, 12:58 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Is there really anyone that is 'anti' HF? bar one individual I can think of

And what name calling are you talking about?
Old 14-09-2018, 01:05 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
That’s simply not true.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 14-09-2018, 01:17 PM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I haven't signed it multiple times. I don't know anyone who has.

If you know anyone who has, please name and shame them.
As an experiment I just did it 3 times from the same laptop
Old 14-09-2018, 01:19 PM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Yes I can see the value of vocal support, but I think the problem they have with block B, they will have again at the back of block E, the Lower Holmesdale (whilst we're in the premier league) will be almost completely full of season ticket holders, so there is no room for any group to expand. The most sensible suggestion I've seen to date would be to move the studio and fill the corner with seats to join the HF and the Arthur together and people wanting to join these groups could fill the corner, gives them room to expand without all the s**t that's going on at the moment. The TV cameras will go to them wherever they sit, and if the noise is going to spread it can spread through 2 stands. But no the HF want block E!
This is the solution

Never understood why the back of the Arthur isn't the main area, acoustics are amazing

The old terracing there was fantastic, and in those days the average crowd was between 6-10k!
Old 14-09-2018, 01:19 PM

Purepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
I haven't signed it multiple times. I don't know anyone who has.

If you know anyone who has, please name and shame them.
Harry Holmesdale
Old 14-09-2018, 01:23 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by STOCKTON View Post
It seems to be those anti-the move getting wound up. A shame considering their age and what they're trying to prevent here. Sad
If people really engage their brains for just a minute they will realise that no one is against improving the atmosphere in the ground but it is not right or fair to shove people out of their seats who have been there for years to accomplish it. That is bullying. All of this throwing toys out of pram stuff by rejecting what they had combined with a poor team performance killing the support has left a bad taste of what the HF are all about - themselves or the club?
Old 14-09-2018, 01:30 PM

Stinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
How many people does the LH hold?
5,341 according to Wikipedia.

Last edited by Stinger1; 14-09-2018 at 01:34 PM.