Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 06-03-2007, 06:37 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Onyx To view the link you have to Register or Login is also a very good free maintenance programme. As for speed tests, this has got to be the coolest around
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 06-03-2007, 07:19 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by fang
Onyx To view the link you have to Register or Login is also a very good free maintenance programme. As for speed tests, this has got to be the coolest around
Wow that was great!! Wanna Race

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 06-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Bearded since 2004.

Dal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine

I'm wireless now - how does that read?

"You won't be listening anyway - you'll be picking your bum or listening to Pulp...'

"Use a plate! I've hoovered in here today, you cock!"

"Don't be a Gay all your life!"

"Does that mean our children will have monkey's skulls?"

"I don't want to inhale your urine!"

"Have you farted into a sponge or something?"

"You absolute pretentious ballsack!"

"You're a hairy, gay, Special Needs tramp!"

"Oh Google your own fat, flabby arse!"
Old 06-03-2007, 08:51 PM
iMember

cumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
what speed connection should you be getting? Your latency is better than mine, but my speeds are better... that said it does all depend on your network speed.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:59 PM
Bearded since 2004.

Dal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Our broadband is bog-standard 2mb I think.

When it works its not too bad - its just the fact that 40% of the time it just doesn't. For example, my girlfriend has enormous problems loading yahoo's mail server pretty much all the time.

It must be the router?

"You won't be listening anyway - you'll be picking your bum or listening to Pulp...'

Old 06-03-2007, 09:01 PM
iMember

cumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Could be the problem, have you tried running the same test when plugged directly into the NTL box? And plugged directly into the router?
Old 06-03-2007, 09:05 PM
Bearded since 2004.

No problem when plugged into the box direct via ethernet.

Same problem exists when connecting via ethernet to router first.

I'm still thinking about this firmware- apparently, you download the file then upload it direct to the Router via the web. Sound right to you?

Old 06-03-2007, 09:07 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
932 Download, 330 upload for me on an alleged 8mb BT line. It's not your connection.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:11 PM
iMember

8meg orange connection currently giving me 4352 down and 261 up. If the firmware is there it shouldn't do any harm, its a case of downloading the firmware then uploading it to your router via your web browser.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Up On The Triangle

My readings are piss poor. I can't say It's ever caused a problem but I suddenly feel cheated!
Old 06-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Bearded since 2004.

Latest score post router software upgrade.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:55 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login[/IMG]

Did that work? yep sort of.

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 06-03-2007, 09:56 PM
iMember

fang are you using a router? as that might show the line speed you're actually getting rather than what you should be getting.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:03 PM
Up On The Triangle

Quote:
Originally posted by cumbrian_eagles
fang are you using a router? as that might show the line speed you're actually getting rather than what you should be getting.
Good point, let me check.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Up On The Triangle

7616 Kbps down 448 Kbps up, according to the router. How many Kb's to a Mgb?
Old 06-03-2007, 10:16 PM

To view the link you have to Register or Login[/IMG]

Did that work?

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 06-03-2007, 10:18 PM
Bearded since 2004.

At this stage I'd say we were working far, far better now post-upload.

Many thanks to Cumbrian, Isle of Wight and Fang for your assistance. No doubt, I'll be back if things go tits up again.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fang
7616 Kbps down 448 Kbps up, according to the router. How many Kb's to a Mgb?
1000 So your running at just under 8 MB down and 1/2 Mb up which is pretty good. I'm just under 2 Down and 1/4 Mb up even though I am on an "8MB" package but I am away from the exchange.

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 06-03-2007, 10:54 PM
Up On The Triangle

Yep not bad. My speed test was set to Mgbs not Kbs. I'm just under a mile away from the exchange
Old 06-03-2007, 11:01 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here

That was fun, almost wanted Murray Walker screaming GO GO GO.

Like others, on an 8mb package but too far from the exchange t'would appear.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.