Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ANDYEAGLE View Post
    https://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/...ion-one/winner

Not sure about Surrey this year. No Kumar and with more players on international duty. Mitch Marsh in and Finch in for 20.20 only. No decent additional bowlers. Could struggle.

Sussex third Favs in league 2 with Kent 4th.
    Morne Morkel coming to Surrey according to the Metro yesterday. Kohli for a couple of games. Not happy about the latter.
    Originally Posted by W Malling Eagle
    Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Originally posted by CPFC2010
    Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
      Morne Morkel coming to Surrey according to the Metro yesterday. Kohli for a couple of games. Not happy about the latter.
      According to SSN, Morkel has signed for Surrey on a 2 year deal
      Don't want Kohli - Why help him get used to English conditions before the Test series begins ?

Comment

Originally posted by Maiden Eagle View Post
        According to SSN, Morkel has signed for Surrey on a 2 year deal
        Don't want Kohli - Why help him get used to English conditions before the Test series begins ?
        Morkel should be a interesting signing for us. Now retired from test cricket.

He left the field 40 minutes before lunch on the third morning in Johannesburg for some treatment. The team management hope he could push on for the rest for the match

Picked up an injury on his last match though. Sounds like a Palace signing

Comment

He left the field 40 minutes before lunch on the third morning in Johannesburg for some treatment. The team management hope he could push on for the rest for the match

Expect Alex Stewart to state that he's 'just a couple of weeks away' from starting.....

Comment

Once he is rested up fully he is then going to prove a tremendous signing for Surrey come the summer, he is just that quality strike bowler we have lacked for years. Also our your pace guys like Dunn and Meaker and the Curran boys are going to learn hugely from MM, but unfortunately the loss of Kumar S is going to weaken the batting and that will be a problem without doubt.

Comment

I think Morkel is a good signing, time to renew my season ticket

Comment

One two days to go until it starts again so here are the key dates.

The first rounds (up to five matches per county) of the County Championship last until the 14th May. The second part (up to three matches) will start on 9th June. One round is scheduled in July. The final part (six matches) will begin on 19th August. The final round begins on 24th September. Each side will once again play a day/night match but unlike last year these will be spread out over many weeks.

The One Day Cup begins on 17th May. The South Group finishes on 6th June and the North is the next day. The first knockout round for side in 2nd and 3rd is on June 14th. The semi finals are on 17th and 18th June with the final at Lords on June 30th.

The T20 Blast begins on July 4th. The group stage ends on August 17th. The quarter finals take place between 23rd - 26th August with finals day once again later than ever before on September 15th at Edgbaston.

Comment

Originally posted by RazorsEdge View Post
                  I think Morkel is a good signing, time to renew my season ticket
                  From what I remember he did well at Kent a few years back so I'm sure he will the same at Surrey.

Comment

So kick off is tomorrow and last day is September the 27th?

Can see a lot of draws due to rain!
                    Grumpy old ****

Comment

Dean Elgar providing cover in April & May as Marsh will be injured....

Didn't realized he is ranked 8th in Test batsmen (or 6th if we exclude those who are not currently allowed to play the game).......

Comment

Isn't Marsh injured now, and having an op?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hart View Post
                          Isn't Marsh injured now, and having an op?
                          Yep out for a couple of months I think. On a happier note 64 by Kent in their first innings. A good effort from them

Comment

Lulling the division into a false sense of security.

COYK

Comment

Yep out for a couple of months I think.
                              A little longer, I fear

Mitchell Marsh is facing his second operation in a year and that leaves Surrey with problems with the county season only days away

Comment

A crazy game at Old Trafford yesterday.

Lancs 58/2 Overnight in 2nd innings 7 runs behind Notts.
                                73 All Out leaving Notts 10 runs to win. And they lost 4 wkts getting to that huge target.
                                So that's 25 runs for 12 wickets - Obviously a real road of a wicket !!

Comment

Not strictly a post about County Cricket 2018 but does anyone know what Zafar Ansari is up to these days?

Comment

Training to be a lawyer, I believe

Comment

Nobody in the UK should be giving them a look

Surrey hath no shame.
                                      Master Yoda

Comment

Disgraceful if they do
                                        You know what today is? Today is Wednesday....anything can happen day.

Comment

They may well have a Members' Revolt on their hands if they do.

There was anger enough last year, when they tried to charge us for the home T20 QF despite the Tc & Cs clearly stating that all home T20 games were covered.....

I rather suspect (& hope) that this is deemed to be in a different league altogether. Should be fun!
                                          Last edited by Olympian2; 18-04-2018, 02:42 PM.

Comment