Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 26-09-2017, 08:46 PM

PHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
Oh mate I don't care about people not finding me funny. Comedy is subjective. I gave up caring about that a long time ago.

It's more the derailing of the thread. I don't have time to sift through trolling posts to find decent questions, which is annoying cos there are often a fair few good ones.
Who you calling a Troll, its ok though when you and your Nazi mate have a dig at others though, but can't take it back can you ? ....Ok Martin H and your merry band JD will make you all honarray Nigels.............
Old 26-09-2017, 08:55 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Do us all a favour and do what you promised, **** off!
Old 26-09-2017, 09:05 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
I have not been following all this but why the spoiler Phil lots of people enjoy these podcasts and the people that do them, yep no prob you not finding someone funny plus saying so then moving on but now is the time to move on mate.

Really.

Let's not make this thread about Phil and also move on.
Old 26-09-2017, 09:08 PM

PHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
I have not been following all this but why the spoiler Phil lots of people enjoy these podcasts and the people that do them, yep no prob you not finding someone funny plus saying so then moving on but now is the time to move on mate.

Really.
Ok Les point taken, will do I guess i still have the hump over the way DF was spoken about on his return. But yes enough is enough now from me.
Old 26-09-2017, 09:10 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL BARBER View Post
Ok Les point taken, will do I guess i still have the hump over the way DF was spoken about on his return. But yes enough is enough now from me.
Cool.
Old 27-09-2017, 05:32 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
The new pod is up. Enjoy.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 27-09-2017, 05:46 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
I met with two of the guys a long time back in Santiago. About the time, or just before, FYP was launched. Neither were trying to be comedians.
Old 27-09-2017, 05:47 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
226 - that's a fair number.
Old 27-09-2017, 08:21 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Its ok, but can you play more reggae please?

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 27-09-2017, 09:20 AM
gastros/kids/delis/olives

AndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
I met with two of the guys a long time back in Santiago. About the time, or just before, FYP was launched. Neither were trying to be comedians.
That was early 2012. FYP has been running since 2003. I think the first pod was around 2008. I have never tried to be comedian.
Old 27-09-2017, 09:29 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyStreet View Post
That was early 2012. FYP has been running since 2003. I think the first pod was around 2008. I have never tried to be comedian.
Oh.......

Old 27-09-2017, 09:29 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
What's the obsession with JD & KD being comedians?! That's their profession and has nothing to do with the FYP nor the great work they do to put time into making a pod of Palace discussion, essentially for us.
Old 27-09-2017, 09:33 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Are you just naturally unfunny then?

Old 27-09-2017, 09:52 AM
gastros/kids/delis/olives

AndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Are you just naturally unfunny then?
No, I've has to work at it very hard. Thanks for all the tips, advice, and inspiration in that regard.
Old 27-09-2017, 10:18 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
What's the obsession with JD & KD being comedians?! That's their profession and has nothing to do with the FYP nor the great work they do to put time into making a pod of Palace discussion, essentially for us.

This is what I don’t understand. A group of palace fans produce a podcast for us weekly... and people just take cheap shots... I bet there’s considerable effort put in to doing it... we should be grateful... not having digs.

Scro just sounds a bit jealous... maybe he would love to be on the show... invite the miserable old git on.
Old 27-09-2017, 10:31 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Quote:
No, I've has to work at it very hard. Thanks for all the tips, advice, and inspiration in that regard.
Well, they say that those who can, do, and those that can't, teach.

Old 27-09-2017, 10:55 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
This is what I don’t understand. A group of palace fans produce a podcast for us weekly... and people just take cheap shots... I bet there’s considerable effort put in to doing it... we should be grateful... not having digs.

Scro just sounds a bit jealous... maybe he would love to be on the show... invite the miserable old git on.
I got home at 10.30 last night. JD gets home even later. We take time out of our evenings to do it. It's cathartic and an enjoyable experience.

Seeing JD get stick for doing something he's passionate about is just downright shitty behaviour. He doesn't share his work on here, he doesn't promote it on the BBS at all. Yet people use this thread to take pops at him.
Old 27-09-2017, 11:04 AM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSdaEAGLE View Post
I got home at 10.30 last night. JD gets home even later. We take time out of our evenings to do it. It's cathartic and an enjoyable experience.

Seeing JD get stick for doing something he's passionate about is just downright shitty behaviour. He doesn't share his work on here, he doesn't promote it on the BBS at all. Yet people use this thread to take pops at him.
Only the bellends mate.

The rest of us (adults) can enjoy and debate and not resort to spiteful petty bullshit.
Old 27-09-2017, 11:18 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
JD getting any stick seems odd.. he seems to me like the nicest most inoffensive person possible. I find his stuff quite funny but I must admit i had to tune into his nerdy self depracating style before i did (referring to his other internet content).

KD gets stick but he's way more opinionated and talks a lot more forthright nonsense, surely it's a given he will get a little stick. FWIW I think having a controversial member of the team is probably for the good of the podcast. I have given him stick for the nonsense but have also said that he isn't dull and I find him likable. The pod is better when thats not all there is to it though and he doesn't dominate completely.

I would certainly not want to do it. I have plenty of palace opinions but don't think i would carry off grumpy opinionated as well as KD does. Who is after all a professional broadcaster. Overall after a short period where i thought it lost its way a but the pod has and is excellent.

Last edited by scro; 27-09-2017 at 11:47 AM.
Old 27-09-2017, 11:18 AM
Otis McOtis

Thanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Best to ignore them and don't respond. Keep up the good work guys.

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller