Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 06-01-2019, 01:33 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
LNER are a govt owned company that runs trains, as were East Coast before them
Not actually government-run though as the DfT doesn't have anyone who knows how to run a service after getting rid of Directly Operated Railways.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 06-01-2019, 01:44 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
I forgot to mention at the time but coming out of the ground on Boxing Day I was rather bemused to see a 12 carriage southbound Southern service pull up at Selhurst and open its doors to a completely empty station. So much for it not being possible to operate trains to and from the station before and after the match.
Old 06-01-2019, 02:05 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post

Said it before and I think Southern missed a trick at Sutton by not making Platforms 3 and 4 completely reversible and simply running a shuttle service between Sutton and Epsom Downs with Sutton being the interchange for it. Would probably make the line more financially viable, the fact they now run two 8 car trains an hour down there on a Sunday is absolutely absurd and whoever made that decision clearly has very poor business acumen.
That's a good idea and an upgrade to the current lottery wen the trains are up sh1t creek.

You can't get to Epsom Downs anymore by bus, Banstead is difficult. Belmont a lot easier.

If the Marsden is being upgraded to cater for a further 7,000 jobs, then it stands to reason there will be a lot of people travelling from all around London and the Southeast that would probably prefer to use a train to get to Belmont.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 06-01-2019, 05:17 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford triumph View Post
I forgot to mention at the time but coming out of the ground on Boxing Day I was rather bemused to see a 12 carriage southbound Southern service pull up at Selhurst and open its doors to a completely empty station. So much for it not being possible to operate trains to and from the station before and after the match.
Similarly, I was a bit irritated, having traversed South East London and walked from Harrington Road Tram-stop as there were supposedly no trains coming from London, to see a southbound train pull up at Norwood Junction and open its’ doors at about quarter to two.