Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 12-12-2012, 10:03 PM

Budgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace
that's never stopped a moon landing conspiracist before.

Sadly true

[Malcolm Allison, Flamboyant manager with the fedora hat 1927 - 2010 The Eagles "Godfather" RIP

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
I know that.
That's why I was asking Barbara or Exiled if he was the Astronaut who queried the moon landings, becuase he'd have a ard time doing it as the accident happened before Apollo 11.
Actually I cannot remember CT who it was. I almost did not watch the programme as I thought it would be a rehash of all the old arguments, but then did, and a few things came up that I had not seen before, such as the cross hairs in the photos being partly obscured by objects.

Like I say it was not a balanced programme, but straight after watching it, I can understand why Barbara said what she did.

Now an hour after it ended I can put it into some kind of perspective.
Step up and play

pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop pork chop
Yes, it's just that Stanley Kubrick filmed fake footage of it....
Old 12-12-2012, 10:05 PM
I believe in Sørloth

Raggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is here
No one can get through the Van Halen belt.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cross_eyed_ed
Idiot ******* troll.
Very constructive.

Thanks for your input
Old 12-12-2012, 10:07 PM

Budgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy
Where is your evidence that this statement is correct. What science have you done to prove it?

[Malcolm Allison, Flamboyant manager with the fedora hat 1927 - 2010 The Eagles "Godfather" RIP
Old 12-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling
Actually I cannot remember CT who it was. I almost did not watch the programme as I thought it would be a rehash of all the old arguments, but then did, and a few things came up that I had not seen before, such as the cross hairs in the photos being partly obscured by objects.

Like I say it was not a balanced programme, but straight after watching it, I can understand why Barbara said what she did.

Now an hour after it ended I can put it into some kind of perspective.
I just wish there were less of these types of programs and more programs devoted to lauding the tremedous achievement of putting 12 men on the moon. The engineering behind the program was just simply immense. The solutions to the problems they encountered were completely wonderful. It really was a staggering achievement done with a "can do" mentality that is sadly missing today.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:09 PM

Barbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budgie Byrne
Where is your evidence that this statement is correct. What science have you done to prove it?
I think what they were saying is, that with the technology of the day, it would have been very difficult to get through The Belt without suffering significant radiation burns.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:10 PM

garronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara4003
.... yes or no?

I just watched a programme and I'm pretty convinced it didn't happen.
I believe that man walked on the moon but that thing about a cow jumping over it is a bit iffy
Old 12-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Emancipated

TheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
LOL
I hear that the Jimmy Hendrix belt is even tougher and as for the Richie Blackmore belt. You've no chance.
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not even if they jump?
Where am i

Ollie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I spent my whole life believing they happened but since the Jimmy Saville thing i just don't know anymore
Old 12-12-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garronrav
I believe that man walked on the moon but that thing about a cow jumping over it is a bit iffy
They launched the cow from a giant catapult attached to a Moon Buggy, so it appeared to jump over the moon.

They had to kill the cow afterwards though. Shame
Old 12-12-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delboy01
Me thinks the yanks will be sending various ships to the moon with payloads to drop in certain places between now and when the chinesse get there!!

As the guy said near the end we have powerful telescopes that can see billions of miles away. Why can they point one at a landing site and let us have a look?

I can just image the chinesse laughing their nuts off if they can prove it never happened.

They clearly faked the pictures but wont even admit that.

Crosshairs etched on the camara lenses but bits of the lunar landing equipment OVER the crosshairs!!!! Schoolboy error.

Sand thrown up by wheels and feet dropping at the same speed as they would have on earth when the speed of the footage is increased! Schoolboy error.

Flags flapping in a wind that should not be there. Schoolboy error.

Using the same back ground in different landings. Schoolboy error.

I think the main reason for the total cover up along 'the never admit nothing' line is that a lot of innocent people seem to have possibly been murdered. While the instigators are alive that line will continue.

One thing we did get from the moon landings was photoshop!!!
Its statements like this that really shows the poor level of science teaching in schools today!

Telescopes like Hubble can "see" many light years away this is true. But you need to swot up on how they "See" and what they "see" You really do not understand some basic facts about the nature of the universe you live in.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:14 PM

delboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOL_Beagle
So lemme get this straight.

Back in the day, the President of the USA couldn't do a simple clandestine bugging operation in the Watergate centre without it leaking to the press and the whole world finding out.

But at the same time NASA (and the Government) was able to successfully fool the press about a ficticious moon landing (or is it two or three?) without anything more substantial leaking out than a conspiracy theory?

Nah. You're 'avin' a larf.
After the first 10 people and some of them their families as well, who tried to talk were 'killed in mysterious circumstances' it all went pretty quiet after that. I have no idea why.

And as you said the leadership at that time was trustworthy so whats the problem? Oh no wait!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Emancipated

TheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy
Not even if they jump?
You Really Got Me with that one.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Pushing The Sky Away

crystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Most people that know me, know most things I post are pretty light hearted.

And I didn't say I didn't believe it happened. I said I'm pretty convinced it didn't happen.

There's a difference.
LOL, Point taken!

You have a great career in politics if you ever feel inclined.

Quote:
I think what they were saying is, that with the technology of the day, it would have been very difficult to get through The Belt without suffering significant radiation burns.
No it would not. The radiation levels from the Van Allen belt are lower than most radiation levels many people are exposed to on a day to day basis.

delboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budgie Byrne
Its statements like this that really shows the poor level of science teaching in schools today!

Telescopes like Hubble can "see" many light years away this is true. But you need to swot up on how they "See" and what they "see" You really do not understand some basic facts about the nature of the universe you live in.
LOL. 10 points and you pick one!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:16 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
I just wish there were less of these types of programs and more programs devoted to lauding the tremedous achievement of putting 12 men on the moon. The engineering behind the program was just simply immense. The solutions to the problems they encountered were completely wonderful. It really was a staggering achievement done with a "can do" mentality that is sadly missing today.
Yes I agree, such a programme would be an interesting one.

I watch programmes with an open mind and process later. I think Barbara does or has done the same with this one. Like I said I have a different perspective of it now from what I had an hour ago. One or two, one in particular, has given her totally uncalled for abuse.