Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 24-04-2015, 10:17 AM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
In terms of leaseholds, well I cannot fathom why anybody would even think of buying one without it coming with a share of the freehold. It is truly beyond my comprehension, given the sharks who own freeholds and take huge profits on the back of them. It is legalised blackmail.

As to the process of buying a house, I cannot fathom why people insist on using the cheapest solicitor because that is, invariably, where all the problems occur. People blame the Estate Agents and often with some justification but really the people are required to do the essential parts of making a sale happen are the solicitors and time and time again they fail to do what is required of them.

Lots of the bigger conveyancing firms operate in conditions which are akin to a sweat-shop and are the ultimate pile em high, sell em cheap merchants. Which is fine if you are buying tins of bins but when it comes to having somebody help you through what is perhaps the biggest financial transaction that 95% of people will go through beggars belief.

But you, the buying and selling public, are to blame. You all want to buy a place and sit back and watch its value swell for almost no effort on your part. You are part of the entire greed process and you CHOOSE to go with the cheapest option. C'est la vie but you really need to look in a mirror and think about your role in why this process is so stressful.
Old 24-04-2015, 10:41 AM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC View Post
In terms of leaseholds, well I cannot fathom why anybody would even think of buying one without it coming with a share of the freehold. It is truly beyond my comprehension, given the sharks who own freeholds and take huge profits on the back of them. It is legalised blackmail.

As to the process of buying a house, I cannot fathom why people insist on using the cheapest solicitor because that is, invariably, where all the problems occur. People blame the Estate Agents and often with some justification but really the people are required to do the essential parts of making a sale happen are the solicitors and time and time again they fail to do what is required of them.

Lots of the bigger conveyancing firms operate in conditions which are akin to a sweat-shop and are the ultimate pile em high, sell em cheap merchants. Which is fine if you are buying tins of bins but when it comes to having somebody help you through what is perhaps the biggest financial transaction that 95% of people will go through beggars belief.

But you, the buying and selling public, are to blame. You all want to buy a place and sit back and watch its value swell for almost no effort on your part. You are part of the entire greed process and you CHOOSE to go with the cheapest option. C'est la vie but you really need to look in a mirror and think about your role in why this process is so stressful.
Actually Mat, I just wanted somewhere to live at a reasonabe price where I wasn't paying down someone elses asset.

BTL landlords are scum skewing the market for people just trying to find a home. Ok maybe scum is a bit strong, but it makes it a hell of a lot more difficult to compete with people who can take lower financial risk to buy the same asset.
Old 24-04-2015, 10:42 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Solicitors and surveyors. When buying property its worth paying for good ones and listening to them.

(I know a few if you need any).
Old 24-04-2015, 10:43 AM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
Actually Mat, I just wanted somewhere to live at a reasonabe price where I wasn't paying down someone elses asset.

So you would be perfectly happy to see the price of your property pegged to the inflation rate so that when you go to sell it on, it reflects the value that you bought it for ?
Old 24-04-2015, 10:55 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
So you would be perfectly happy to see the price of your property pegged to the inflation rate so that when you go to sell it on, it reflects the value that you bought it for ?
What an excellent idea.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 24-04-2015, 10:58 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Avoid by a leasehold property run by Dellminster Ltd.

They have no interest in Leaseholders or the property, only the money off the back of renewing the lease value.
Old 24-04-2015, 10:59 AM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
I found that solicitors seem to communicate solely through 2nd class post and, at a push, fax. I understand the need for a hard copy (although surely an e-mail would suffice nowadays), but why can't they send a quick e-mail, pick up the phone or better yet, hold a meeting (the two solicitors involved in our move were in the same street yet still communicated by post) and thrash things out? Then confirm everything in writing after that.

It seems such an inefficient system, and there's no need for it particularly when a lot of conveyancing is done for a fixed fee nowadays. Then they get arsey when you phone and ask if anything's happened on the letter they sent three weeks ago that they haven't bothered chasing.
Old 24-04-2015, 11:05 AM

Kiazer Soze : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiazer Soze : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiazer Soze : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiazer Soze : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiazer Soze : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiazer Soze : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiazer Soze : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiazer Soze : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiazer Soze : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiazer Soze : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiazer Soze : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My last property was in a chain 10- 12 long and the bottom the chain moved out early to keep going,so had to sleep on his mate's sofa for month!
Old 24-04-2015, 11:11 AM

Crozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I tried really hard to not click into this thread, but too late now !!

We've moved 3 times and the first 2 were just fine.

Third time around we started looking approx. 1 year before we needed to move to ensure we were in the new house in time for the school application.

After a few very odd viewings (one tried to negotiate a price for the curtains and never even bid on the house) we found a buyer, a young couple expecting a baby. No chain their end so seemed straightforward.

The process started to slow down the closer we got to exchange and they dicked us about asking us to get letters from a builder who removed a chimney stack and crap like that. Got a call from the agent on exchange day to say they’d pulled out.

We’d already paid our valuation fee for the one we were buying and had less than 6 weeks before we had to have moved for the school application.

We were then lucky enough to find a woman my Wife worked with who happened to mention she was viewing a house in the same road. We told her about ours, she seemed interested so we took it off the market. She and her boyfriend viewed it and made an offer. Lower than we wanted, but we took a view that a) time was running out and b) we were saving on the agents fee.

Well, these people made our life hell !! They had no chain. My Wife’s work colleague wouldn’t speak to her about it or let us know what was going on – she just referred my Wife to her IFA. We had to arrange a short completion after exchange and on the day of exchange they wanted to post a bankers draft to their IFA in Tottenham. To save on the delay we had to arrange and pay for a bike to take it.

On completion, our removal firm had the house empty by late morning and by lunchtime funds had been exchanged and we completed. We made calls to the other side and were told they were “on their way”. The drive was from Purley to Selsdon. We called again after an hour and got some bullsh!t from them so we left the keys with the next-door neighbour and left. By this time it was 3pm and December so we had to drive 45 minutes to Dormansland and unpack a large lorry in the dark.

I hope I never have to move again. The laws in this country offer no protection to the seller (or indeed the buyer) and as much as it grates me to say it the Scottish way of being bound by your sealed bid seems much better.

And breath….!!!
Old 24-04-2015, 11:34 AM
Eternal Optimist

LDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crozzy71 View Post
I tried really hard to not click into this thread, but too late now !!

We've moved 3 times and the first 2 were just fine.

Third time around we started looking approx. 1 year before we needed to move to ensure we were in the new house in time for the school application.

After a few very odd viewings (one tried to negotiate a price for the curtains and never even bid on the house) we found a buyer, a young couple expecting a baby. No chain their end so seemed straightforward.

The process started to slow down the closer we got to exchange and they dicked us about asking us to get letters from a builder who removed a chimney stack and crap like that. Got a call from the agent on exchange day to say they’d pulled out.

We’d already paid our valuation fee for the one we were buying and had less than 6 weeks before we had to have moved for the school application.

We were then lucky enough to find a woman my Wife worked with who happened to mention she was viewing a house in the same road. We told her about ours, she seemed interested so we took it off the market. She and her boyfriend viewed it and made an offer. Lower than we wanted, but we took a view that a) time was running out and b) we were saving on the agents fee.

Well, these people made our life hell !! They had no chain. My Wife’s work colleague wouldn’t speak to her about it or let us know what was going on – she just referred my Wife to her IFA. We had to arrange a short completion after exchange and on the day of exchange they wanted to post a bankers draft to their IFA in Tottenham. To save on the delay we had to arrange and pay for a bike to take it.

On completion, our removal firm had the house empty by late morning and by lunchtime funds had been exchanged and we completed. We made calls to the other side and were told they were “on their way”. The drive was from Purley to Selsdon. We called again after an hour and got some bullsh!t from them so we left the keys with the next-door neighbour and left. By this time it was 3pm and December so we had to drive 45 minutes to Dormansland and unpack a large lorry in the dark.

I hope I never have to move again. The laws in this country offer no protection to the seller (or indeed the buyer) and as much as it grates me to say it the Scottish way of being bound by your sealed bid seems much better.

And breath….!!!
I work in the industry, yes yes boo hiss and all that jazz, and couldn't agree more. The system is disastrous and allows for so much to go wrong right up until the last moment. The Scottish and Australian system is considerably better, even most European countries run a more solid buying/selling process than ours.
Old 24-04-2015, 11:35 AM

Jolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_DAVE77 View Post
I had a nightmare chain.

It was about six properties long in 2013.

I had an offer accepted and then the market shifted, so the value of the property increased, which meant my accepted offer was really good value.

This meant I was willing to wit for the chain as I was going to get good value at the end.
The problem is week after week, month after month, nothing moved. The end of the chain just never found anywhere.

In the end I had to just go and find somewhere else, nearly a year after my first search.

It doesn't mean that you will have as bad a process, just that you are at the mercy of other people.

All the faffing around that you have experienced, you need to times it by the number of people in your chain, and that's if they are as organised and desperate to move as you.

Thanks for the response, just a case of fingers crossed that no one pulls out.
Old 24-04-2015, 11:39 AM
Eternal Optimist

LDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Actually agree with most of this. The only problem being in London 80% of flats/apartments are leasehold. By only choosing Share of Freehold properties you're restricting your search hugely. You could always ask the Vendor of the property that you want them to approach the freeholder and find out how much they would charge for a share of the freehold before offering .... get it in writing.
Old 24-04-2015, 11:42 AM

Naboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It is very much a case of "fingers crossed" that no one pulls out. Bare in mind that as an average across the industry 1 in 3 sales will fall through at some point.
Old 24-04-2015, 11:44 AM

Jolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naboo View Post
It is very much a case of "fingers crossed" that no one pulls out. Bare in mind that as an average across the industry 1 in 3 sales will fall through at some point.
ill take them odds at the minute.
Old 24-04-2015, 11:46 AM

Naboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Eagle View Post
ill take them odds at the minute.
I work in the industry in the area that you are living so feel free to PM me at any point if you want any advice or help
Old 24-04-2015, 12:00 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
I still have nightmares about my 2nd purchase.

My first flat was a bit of a pain but I was moving from my folks and buying off a BTL so was happy to wait. The only mistake was getting the keys the day before I went to Glastonbury and insisting on moving my stuff in that day. Added an extra 2 or 3 days to the hangover.

The 2nd house (and where we live now) was a ******* nightmare. The solicitors I’d previously used cocked up the lease left on the flat so had to reduce the price by a few K (and get the people we were buying from to do the same). To make it worse, my solicitor (Andersons in South Croydon) weren’t particularly good. Unfortunately my buyers solicitor (Manchesters in Sanderstead I think) were even worse. Refused to answer calls, and when he was told that if he didn’t return a form the whole deal would collapse he told the estate agent it wasn’t his problem. This all happened on the day of Exchange while I was in Berlin. Fortunately Frosts in Purley were nothing short of brilliant and sorted everything out.
Old 24-04-2015, 12:03 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Fortunately Frosts in Purley were nothing short of brilliant and sorted everything out.
Of course they were going to, they were even more interested in it exchanging than you were.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 24-04-2015, 12:10 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
If that was universally applied then why would it be a problem? Why should property price inflation outpace wage inflation? It's surely not sustainable for it to continue in perpetuity.
Old 24-04-2015, 12:12 PM

nicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is here
Theres no transparency. There is no way of knowing whether a delay is due to your solicitor or the other side being a twat. Or both of the ****ers.
Old 24-04-2015, 12:13 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
As others have mentioned, it's the quality of the solicitors that is key. With that in mind if anyone is considering using Devonshires in London (Moorgate I think), don't.