Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 24-04-2015, 12:14 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
I tried buying a repossession flat recently and the seller, a mortgage firm, were such arseholes. they wanted everything done immediately but then took weeks to supply us with the basic information. Also they wanted to turn the standard form of contract on its head so we were liable for some of the things they should have been liable for.

When we were ready to exchange they told us they had received a higher offer and would we up our bid. In the end we were in a position where we could tell them where to stick it. We'd sunk some money in already though that we couldn't recoup.
Old 24-04-2015, 12:18 PM
Two beers from Selhurst

Streathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Share of freehold is also a potential headache. Our co-holder was unresponsive, and getting work done on the property was a nightmare. As was trying to get the co-holder to sign the transfer of freehold from us to our buyers. If anyone is purchasing a share of freehold at the moment, make sure you get a written agreement before you buy that makes clear both parties agree to cooperate and to sign the TR1 form (transfer of freehold) when the other party is selling. You don't want to be held to ransom by unscrupulous co-holders.
Old 24-04-2015, 12:26 PM

Jolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naboo View Post
I work in the industry in the area that you are living so feel free to PM me at any point if you want any advice or help
Thanks, will do, much appreciated
Old 24-04-2015, 12:31 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
This is not a good thread to read when you aren't far away from completion
Old 24-04-2015, 12:31 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streathamite View Post
Share of freehold is also a potential headache. Our co-holder was unresponsive, and getting work done on the property was a nightmare. As was trying to get the co-holder to sign the transfer of freehold from us to our buyers. If anyone is purchasing a share of freehold at the moment, make sure you get a written agreement before you buy that makes clear both parties agree to cooperate and to sign the TR1 form (transfer of freehold) when the other party is selling. You don't want to be held to ransom by unscrupulous co-holders.
didn't realise co-holders had that type of power!
Old 24-04-2015, 12:38 PM
Two beers from Selhurst

Streathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey View Post
didn't realise co-holders had that type of power!
If they refuse to sign the TR1 you can take them to court and get a judge to sign it on their behalf. However, that's obviously a massive ball ache and your buyer will probably run a mile if their future co-holder causes such problems! I'm sure most people just sign it no problems but it is good to have something in writing guaranteeing that neither co-holder will make problems when the other is selling. Also better to have something set up for maintenance fees to be put into a pot, instead of just thinking you'll deal with issues as and when they occur.
Old 24-04-2015, 12:45 PM

ChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthingEagle View Post
I found that solicitors seem to communicate solely through 2nd class post and, at a push, fax.
It seems such an inefficient system, and there's no need for it particularly when a lot of conveyancing is done for a fixed fee nowadays. Then they get arsey when you phone and ask if anything's happened on the letter they sent three weeks ago that they haven't bothered chasing.
I have not send a fax or a letter by post for years.
Old 24-04-2015, 12:52 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Professional freeholders are, by and large, the worse people in the entire world. It attracts the most unscrupulous, treacherous and simply unpleasant people known to mankind. They are no better than blackmailers in many ways and will milk people for as much money as they can. In many ways it is the ultimate business to be in because there are no real costs what so ever involved with the leaseholders being made to pay for everything.
Old 24-04-2015, 01:06 PM
Certified Grumpy

T.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDNEAGLE View Post
I work in the industry, yes yes boo hiss and all that jazz, and couldn't agree more. The system is disastrous and allows for so much to go wrong right up until the last moment. The Scottish and Australian system is considerably better, even most European countries run a more solid buying/selling process than ours.
As many politicians are lawyers there can be little incentive to change any laws that would make the legal system simpler and more effective.
Old 24-04-2015, 01:14 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC View Post
Professional freeholders are, by and large, the worse people in the entire world. It attracts the most unscrupulous, treacherous and simply unpleasant people known to mankind. They are no better than blackmailers in many ways and will milk people for as much money as they can. In many ways it is the ultimate business to be in because there are no real costs what so ever involved with the leaseholders being made to pay for everything.
Avoid any property owned by Dellminster Limited... now based in Carshalton.
Old 24-04-2015, 01:21 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Of course they were going to, they were even more interested in it exchanging than you were.
Of course, but in general for the whole process they were great. Compared to Townends and Andrews who were beyond useless.
Old 24-04-2015, 01:30 PM
looking to curl one!!!!

Dingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
I tried buying a repossession flat recently and the seller, a mortgage firm, were such arseholes. they wanted everything done immediately but then took weeks to supply us with the basic information. Also they wanted to turn the standard form of contract on its head so we were liable for some of the things they should have been liable for.

When we were ready to exchange they told us they had received a higher offer and would we up our bid. In the end we were in a position where we could tell them where to stick it. We'd sunk some money in already though that we couldn't recoup.

Never bought a house myself but my mum had a lot of trouble trying to buy from a mortgage firm. The house in question was a repossession and my mum and 2 other people had all submitted bids so the mortgage company asked everyone to submit a best and final by a certain date which my mum and one of the other 2 did. My mum was then informed she had got the property and the mortgage company then pressured her to try and complete the process quickly, so she went ahead with solicitors, surveys etc (costing her over a grand.)

On the day that contracts were supposed to be exchanged (about 3 weeks later,) my mum was driving from London down to Somerset (where the house was,) to exchange when she got a phone call informing her that the 3rd couple (the ones who had not submitted a best and final on the day set by the mortgage company,) had, 3 weeks after the best and final date had passed, submitted an offer that was 500 higher than my mum's and they asked my mum to match their offer. Out of principle - my mum had submitted her offer by the deadline specified by the mortgage company - my mum refused. The mortgage company then told her they were going with the other couple despite the fact my mum was ready to exchange and had put a lot of money in already.

My mum was, as you can expect, furious! However, karma was achieved!!! About a month later when my mum was quite a way down the line of exchanging on a better, cheaper property that had just come on the market, she got a call informing her that the couple who had made the late bid couldn't actually afford the property and if my mum was still interested she could have it for her final offer. My mum gladly informed them that they could go f*ck themselves. The market then slowed and the property eventually sold about 6 months later for 15k less than my mum offered so the mortgage company, for the sake of and extra 500, cost themselves 15k.
Old 24-04-2015, 01:34 PM
Eternal Optimist

LDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC View Post
I know some very good Leasehold Surveyors that truly enjoy wiping the smug grin of some of the more mercenary freeholders in the area I work.
Old 24-04-2015, 01:42 PM

west eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I know some very good Leasehold Surveyors that truly enjoy wiping the smug grin of some of the more mercenary freeholders in the area I work.
pm details please as my war with the freeholder is still ongoing & new lease needs sorting aswell

Last edited by west eagle; 24-04-2015 at 01:45 PM.
Old 24-04-2015, 01:49 PM
Eternal Optimist

LDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by west eagle View Post
pm details please as my war with the freeholder is still ongoing & new lease needs sorting aswell
Done
Old 24-04-2015, 01:58 PM

west eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Done
cheers mate
Old 24-04-2015, 02:08 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I bought from a developer a couple or so years ago. After agreeing a price the salesman said to "we've agreed a price, don't think come the time of exchange that you are suddenly going to offer us 10k less that far down the chain or because we won't accept it and won't deal with you again!". I was shocked but it also planted a seed in my brain that it was something that a lot of people do and by that stage, the developer just wants the money in the account so takes it. I didn't do it BTW.
Old 24-04-2015, 02:45 PM

Naboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Unfortunately when buying repossessions, the mortgage company insist on the property remaining on the market until an exchange of contracts has been met. This is because they have to be seen to be getting the best possible price by the repossessed owner. They also insist that the agreed price is advertised to any other prospective buyers to encourage a higher offer from another party so the scenarios described above are fairly common, although not normally over minimal amounts such as 500!
They also insist on an exchange of contracts within 28 days of the sale being agreed.
Old 24-04-2015, 03:18 PM
ValetingMan - (Unretired)

deanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I brought my first house in November and that was completed in 3months start to finish. Luck of the draw I think. Parents just sold theirs and they've taken 4 months just to exchange but complete in 3 weeks.

Just keep on top of things and be prepared to make lots of phone calls and keep the selling agent on side and they will help things speed up.

If you feel like there taking the piss and dragging their heals then tell them you will pull out, but be careful incase that backfires.

I guess we were just lucky with our house, saw it, bid for in on the Friday morning end of August and was in 5th November!

Quote "CPFCBBS" and get 10% off any booking!
Old 24-04-2015, 04:01 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins View Post
Next time I move, it'll be to a coffin.
Freehold or Leasehold?

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis