Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 26-03-2017, 11:37 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Death

The older I get, the more I fear it. Not so much death itself, but the reason.
No-one wants a shit death obviously, but I would rather die a bit earlier under my own terms than let nature **** me up. i still reckon I have 30 years in me but wold rather go sooner that nature wants to take me.

I'm rambling.

Thoughts?
Old 26-03-2017, 11:50 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Just got contacted today at about 2 AM via FB from a good mate of mine from the past, telling me his estranged wife has terminal cancer and is the last throws of it. perhaps days to live. She is a month younger than me (her birthday is today ).

Horrible way to go and a reminder to me of our mortality.

Obviously would much rather go quickly when it is my time than have it drawn out, but providing I have some level of mobility and can look after myself, then the longer I can survive the better.
Old 26-03-2017, 11:58 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
No-one wants a shit death obviously,

Thoughts?
Chuck Berry.
Old 26-03-2017, 11:59 AM

Location: currently on steep hill overlooking Hastings and the sea
DocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
No-one wants a shit death obviously, but I would rather die a bit earlier under my own terms than let nature **** me up. i still reckon I have 30 years in me but wold rather go sooner that nature wants to take me.

I'm rambling.

Thoughts?
it's inevitable!
Old 26-03-2017, 12:03 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSavage View Post
it's inevitable!
Of course, my point is the choosing of method.
Old 26-03-2017, 12:03 PM

Harry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I know that its a statement of the obvious--but you will not know that you are dead!
Old 26-03-2017, 12:04 PM
XXVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Bassett View Post
I know that its a statement of the obvious--but you will not know that you are dead!
I get that too. Its the timeline, would like to say my goodbyes then go. Not hit by the proverbial bus on my way to work.
Old 26-03-2017, 12:08 PM

Harry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I get that too. Its the timeline, would like to say my goodbyes then go. Not hit by the proverbial bus on my way to work.
Its Glasgow where you have to avoid buses--Should be ok in Aberdeen!
Old 26-03-2017, 12:09 PM
XXVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Bassett View Post
Its Glasgow where you have to avoid buses--Should be ok in Aberdeen!
We have buses too. Need to escape sometime.
Old 26-03-2017, 12:17 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:

I'm rambling.

Thoughts?
I think we all get these thoughts now and again, as we get older. Chocky sodding off made me think. Then finding about Phil

Last year was rubbish. My mum, mitch's dad, then topped off with Dane in the tram crash. He was ******* nineteen ffs. Then the music we lost in a space of a year.

Then I have a beer and think sod it. What will be, will be.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.
Old 26-03-2017, 12:20 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
We should have little pop-up euthanasia booths on every high street. Like portable toilets.
Old 26-03-2017, 12:24 PM
XXVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus mickus View Post
I think we all get these thoughts now and again, as we get older. Chocky sodding off made me think. Then finding about Phil

Last year was rubbish. My mum, mitch's dad, then topped off with Dane in the tram crash. He was ******* nineteen ffs. Then the music we lost in a space of a year.

Then I have a beer and think sod it. What will be, will be.
It was Chocky's passsing that made me really think. I was on holiday when I found out, and it was one of the few times I shed real tears. When you bring up Dane, I am well over double his age, its scary.
Old 26-03-2017, 12:25 PM
XXVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
We should have little pop-up euthanasia booths on every high street. Like portable toilets.
Not sure I agree, I would have gone long ago. Whats the answer?
Old 26-03-2017, 12:35 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Is it me or do threads like this and the depression one appear more on weekends when Palace aren't playing?

The summer can be bloody long sometimes.

Supporting Palace has a certain cult value like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.
- John Peel
Old 26-03-2017, 12:44 PM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
Quote:

I'm rambling.

Thoughts?
To view the link you have to Register or Login
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
"Victory has a hundred fathers and defeat is an orphan."
Old 26-03-2017, 12:46 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Is it me or do threads like this and the depression one appear more on weekends when Palace aren't playing?

The summer can be bloody long sometimes.
Close seasonal affective disorder.
Old 26-03-2017, 12:52 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I find quite the opposite. When Palace are playing I think a lot about death and what a merciful release it will be.
Old 26-03-2017, 01:07 PM
your best is an idiot!

Leopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is here
At 47, for the first time I can remember, I recently sat down and thought about my death. I have no belief in any afterlife, so I just came to the conclusion that I need to do more with whatever time I've got left. But my biggest decision was donating my body to the London Anatomy Office.
I've made it quite clear in my will that I do not wish for any kind of morbid event to mark my passing, and have set aside a few grand with the instructions that my friends and family should arrange a BBQ one weekend and have a piss up.
One slight downside to my decision is the LAO do not allow you to put a caveat instructing that my gentleman's sausage would normally be much bigger than it appears, but I can only assume the cold slab has made it shrink.
Old 26-03-2017, 01:50 PM

Typically we only accept or recognize our own mortality in our early thirties so I suspect that some of you have extended your childhood by a good few years!
Old 26-03-2017, 02:48 PM

keltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Just got contacted today at about 2 AM via FB from a good mate of mine from the past, telling me his estranged wife has terminal cancer and is the last throws of it. perhaps days to live. She is a month younger than me (her birthday is today ).

Horrible way to go and a reminder to me of our mortality.

Obviously would much rather go quickly when it is my time than have it drawn out, but providing I have some level of mobility and can look after myself, then the longer I can survive the better.
But your mobility is already shit you old ****