Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 29-12-2018, 08:39 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Electricity unit cost up 25% in the new year, at least for me

Don't have gas, so a single fuel energy household (have oil for heating).

I always use USwitch for changing my supplier and for the past three or four years have managed by switching suppliers to maintain the level of my energy costs. However, this time, going through the switching process have noticed that my KWhr unit cost has risen from 12.47p to 15.9p. Although you can find a lower daily standing charge, it is the unit cost that has the most impact on annual cost of energy.

Virtually all the comparison companies are using at least 16p per unit now. This is the first time I have not been able to maintain cost at a reasonable level, and it represents a total increase even with a better standing charge, of around 15% a year.

Worrying for those like me, on a fixed income.
Old 29-12-2018, 09:33 AM
Zombie Nation

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Turn the heating off and do a series of star jumps every 15mins.
Old 29-12-2018, 09:40 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
Don't have gas, so a single fuel energy household (have oil for heating).

I always use USwitch for changing my supplier and for the past three or four years have managed by switching suppliers to maintain the level of my energy costs. However, this time, going through the switching process have noticed that my KWhr unit cost has risen from 12.47p to 15.9p. Although you can find a lower daily standing charge, it is the unit cost that has the most impact on annual cost of energy.

Virtually all the comparison companies are using at least 16p per unit now. This is the first time I have not been able to maintain cost at a reasonable level, and it represents a total increase even with a better standing charge, of around 15% a year.

Worrying for those like me, on a fixed income.
It's all the electrical devices in your pad. Everything you have these days needs an electrical charger.

I swapped out my virgin tivo box with one power input to a tivo six. Tivo six has the power input for the main unit plus two little boxes that allow you to connect the box to the Internet. They both plug into the mains then you have to have the router on all the time otherwise you can't program the tivo box away from home. So now I have four items plugged into the mains whereas before I only plugged in one item
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 29-12-2018, 09:43 AM

yorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
got a great duel fuel deal with Scottish power really reasonable for our new house. the new one is so totally energy efficient our last gas bill for the quarter was £49!!!

Originally Posted by CPFC2010

"I think that this is the best suggestion that I have ever read on the BBS"
Old 29-12-2018, 09:56 AM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Watch a few highlights of Salah winning penalties. Your blood will be boiling in no time.
Old 29-12-2018, 10:10 AM
Zombie Nation

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkshire eagle View Post
got a great duel fuel deal with Scottish power really reasonable for our new house. the new one is so totally energy efficient our last gas bill for the quarter was £49!!!
How many jumpers can you wear at the same time?
Old 29-12-2018, 10:23 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
This is a result of forcing a price cap on suppliers. No more cheap deals from almost anyone.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 29-12-2018, 10:35 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Only use between 9 and 14 units a day over the year, so I can't complain about inefficiency. I have a house built from cob and stone with walls two feet thick, so insulation is already pretty good.
Old 29-12-2018, 10:36 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Cob? That’s the stuff that looks like horseshit and straw, right?

There was a grand designs episode on that once, was properly impressive.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 29-12-2018, 12:00 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Cob? Thatís the stuff that looks like horseshit and straw, right?

There was a grand designs episode on that once, was properly impressive.
Is that the programme with the the one the size of a circus tent that burnt down?
Old 29-12-2018, 12:13 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
This is worth a read. German power prices up 43% this year and perhaps 16% next. 16gw of nucleur and around 10gw of lignite to shut by 2022. France is closing five coal fired power stations during the same period. Prices for fuel across Europe aren't coming down by the look of it.
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 29-12-2018, 12:43 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
This is a result of forcing a price cap on suppliers. No more cheap deals from almost anyone.
Are these the same suppliers that will benefit from this?

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 29-12-2018, 12:44 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
This is why I got solar panels this year.
Old 29-12-2018, 12:48 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
No doubt it will be blamed by the right wing media on the cost of renewable ‘subsidies’.
Old 29-12-2018, 12:56 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I keep thinking of changing from Scottish Power as Iím paying £150 per month for both has and elec and plenty of others are offering lower tariffs. My concern is that entice you in and then whack them back up again and youíre in back to square one. There seems to be lots of smaller companies doing recycled energy deals but donít know if theyíll even be around next year.
Old 29-12-2018, 01:07 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
You could try Octopus Energy - very competitive 100% renewable tariffs, no lock in or exit fees, great customer service - 9.5 on trustpilot. Been with them for 3 years, always do comparisons and always find them one of the lowest prices without any silly gimmicks. Only downside is they are Arsenal’s energy partner.
Old 29-12-2018, 01:09 PM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I keep thinking of changing from Scottish Power as Iím paying £150 per month for both has and elec and plenty of others are offering lower tariffs. My concern is that entice you in and then whack them back up again and youíre in back to square one. There seems to be lots of smaller companies doing recycled energy deals but donít know if theyíll even be around next year.
On a fixed price tariff they can't increase the price until the end if the agreement. And if they go bust, so what? They've not installed a generator in your garden that only they can maintain.

I genuinely have no idea why people are happy to pay more than they need to for gas / electric.

As for the OP, I'm more concerned about the 100% increase in the price of heating oil over the last 3 years than I am electricity prices.
Old 29-12-2018, 01:11 PM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
Ok two things. Eon seem to want to increase my bill every year by at least £40-£60. I have a constant argument with mrs pallet. She reckons that leaving the hot water and heating on contstant is cheaper than having them on a timer and hence using more power to heat from cold. Help??
Old 29-12-2018, 01:39 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
When I used to see my dads electricity bills for a single bloke living in a small 3 bed house I used to cringe as half was gas.We moan here when it goes up 50p in a year.

Mine is a 3 bed house where its all electricity,heat is on all the time in the winter, AC is used alot in the summer...99% of all the electricity used in Quebec is generated from water owned and run by the Quebec gov't...50 quid a month.
Old 29-12-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford triumph View Post
You could try Octopus Energy - very competitive 100% renewable tariffs, no lock in or exit fees, great customer service - 9.5 on trustpilot. Been with them for 3 years, always do comparisons and always find them one of the lowest prices without any silly gimmicks. Only downside is they are Arsenalís energy partner.
Yep, just switched to them.