Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 31-12-2018, 09:12 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Crikey, had no idea about the long distance ones. I wonder what the losses are.
when they built the gas one between bacton and zebrugge it was built with private money, on time and under budget and makes plenty of coin as they forward sold all the capacity.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 31-12-2018, 09:14 AM
Zombie Nation

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
when they built the gas one between bacton and zebrugge it was built with private money, on time and under budget and makes plenty of coin as they forward sold all the capacity.
I meant electrical losses rather than money.
Old 31-12-2018, 09:15 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
I meant electrical losses rather than money.
There would be a lot of dead fish if there were electrical losses.

Is this your fishing strategy post brexit?

As for voltage drop, i’ve no idea of the technicalities but it must work or they wouldn’t be building more
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.

Last edited by Adlerhorst; 31-12-2018 at 09:17 AM.
Old 31-12-2018, 09:27 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
I am currently on 11.8p so will be interesting to see what is available when that deal comes to an end in April. We are also heavily in credit, at least 2 months payment but with the most expensive time of year coming up we shall see if that reduces.

We also have our heating on most/all of the time but our boiler is set to how much heat the building usually loses and so keeps the heat constant. We never have hot radiators, they are warm at best but keeps the house at a constant 18-19 degrees.
Old 31-12-2018, 10:14 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
I am currently on 11.8p so will be interesting to see what is available when that deal comes to an end in April. We are also heavily in credit, at least 2 months payment but with the most expensive time of year coming up we shall see if that reduces.

We also have our heating on most/all of the time but our boiler is set to how much heat the building usually loses and so keeps the heat constant. We never have hot radiators, they are warm at best but keeps the house at a constant 18-19 degrees.
Good grief. My wife would complain about that. We are thermo incompatible. She does not feel comfortable unless the ambient temperature is above 22 degrees. Your lowest temperature at 18 degrees is considered to be the minimum to keep old people alive in winter.

You can check out your new potential rate already on USwitch if you choose, so no need to wait.
Old 31-12-2018, 10:29 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
Good grief. My wife would complain about that. We are thermo incompatible. She does not feel comfortable unless the ambient temperature is above 22 degrees. Your lowest temperature at 18 degrees is considered to be the minimum to keep old people alive in winter.

You can check out your new potential rate already on USwitch if you choose, so no need to wait.
That is very much a modern day issue the temperature at which we want hour houses. At 22 degrees outside we would usually all be thinking shorts and t-shirt.

Have had a look at the rates and they do seem to be rubbish. Wonder if better rates might become available closer to the day mine runs out. Currently looking at about a 12% increase in costs.
Old 31-12-2018, 11:14 AM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Got a letter this morning telling me that mine is decreasing by about 10%. Guess I was overpaying previously.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:42 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
Still early days as only had them installed at the end of the summer so missed the best weather, and they don't seem to do much in the winter. Not only that but the chap who installed them still hasn't sorted out my FIT which is a bit annoying as only 3 months left.

I see them as a long term investment, as it will probably take 10 years for them to pay for themselves. With pension annuity and interest rates being so crap these days I think they are a great investment, providing they keep working.

Not forgetting the Eco side of course.

Cheers let me know how you get on with the panels. Extremely interested.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 04-01-2019, 11:35 AM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
Political

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!
Old 04-01-2019, 09:23 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
Cheers let me know how you get on with the panels. Extremely interested.
I believe our solar experts are Stamford Triumph and the resident KGB "bodge" agent Elgin Eagle.

The Feed in Tariff runs out at the end of March so you haven't got much time. Expect to pay around 5k for an installation of 10-12 decent panels and a decent inverter (solar edge). There are some sharks out there so beware, I got an independent chap who also filled in some gaps in the brickwork connected to the roof which was handy.
Old 14-01-2019, 02:43 PM
Zombie Nation

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
A quick look at my account and they are suggesting I pay 102/month. I am paying 139, fixing that straight away.

In the end EON have decided on 86/month for the next year, I suspect it will go up to 100ish then.
Old 14-01-2019, 02:49 PM

Hazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We switched via the daily mail group purchase scheme they had and halved our gas and elec bills from 100 each to 100 for both a great 1200 saving per annum.