Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 02-01-2019, 02:14 PM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Kick scooters - worth getting one?

(Did a quick search before posting, the other threads on scooters are about the traditional Vespa/Lambretta style ones).

Just saw a woman with an Oxelo scooter (which I think you can only buy though Decathlon. It was either this model or similar:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

She had it with her on the London Overground train at Brockley. Lots of other brands available I guess. A quick check shows they are foldable and designed so that you can carry them around.

Anyone actually use one? Worth getting? Also - is it actually legal to use them on the pavement? And what about the road?
Old 02-01-2019, 02:48 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
(Did a quick search before posting, the other threads on scooters are about the traditional Vespa/Lambretta style ones).

Just saw a woman with an Oxelo scooter (which I think you can only buy though Decathlon. It was either this model or similar:

She had it with her on the London Overground train at Brockley. Lots of other brands available I guess. A quick check shows they are foldable and designed so that you can carry them around.

Anyone actually use one? Worth getting? Also - is it actually legal to use them on the pavement? And what about the road?
Perfectly legal to use them on the pavement, dont know about the road but probably a bad idea, you look like a bit of a numpty as an adult on a scooter but if you dont care what others think then they are much quicker than walking.

The JD Bug pro commute scooter is really nice and available in many independent bike shops so you'll also get good back up if anything ever goes wrong

Follow me on Twitter -@wally_cycles
@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

Priceless :)
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Perfectly legal to use them on the pavement, dont know about the road but probably a bad idea, you look like a bit of a numpty as an adult on a scooter but if you dont care what others think then they are much quicker than walking.

The JD Bug pro commute scooter is really nice and available in many independent bike shops so you'll also get good back up if anything ever goes wrong

@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

BBS Bicycle Guru

Quote:

@DuncanInglis

Quote:

Old 02-01-2019, 02:56 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky View Post
you look like a bit of a numpty as an adult on a scooter
This was worth the three posts
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 02-01-2019, 02:56 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
I have one. A JD Bug of some sort, bought from some independent bike shop...

I got it - and only really use it - so I can keep up with the kids when they are on their scooters.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 02-01-2019, 03:15 PM
Zombie Nation

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:

Go for it, the big boys will hardly laugh at you at all.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:20 PM
'What's for dinner?'

Max_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
[QUOTE=Louis;14570637]

Worth getting?QUOTE]

Are you a complete and utter bellend and do you want to advertise that fact? Do you want to know what being held in contempt by everyone who lays eyes on you feels like?

The answer to your question and mine are always the same.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:24 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
I suggest a full crash helmet if you get one to save anyone seeing who you are.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:47 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky View Post
... you look like a bit of a numpty as an adult on a scooter ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I have one.
Q.E.D.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:52 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Q.E.D.
From a man who wears salmon pink trousers...

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 02-01-2019, 04:11 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
It’s not that they are legal to ride on the pavement, but rather the law is lagging behind on new technology and it requires clarification.

No doubt this will be forthcoming following the first serious accident involving such a vehicle. Hoverboards are illegal, and I expect that electric scooters will follow such a path eventually.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 02-01-2019, 04:16 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
I was nearly run over by some tool on a 'hoverboard' the other day, he cut across the pavement and swerved around me and a bunch of people and trundled down the pavement at about 20mph. How do people like that not get nicked!
Old 02-01-2019, 04:29 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot View Post
I was nearly run over by some tool on a 'hoverboard' the other day, he cut across the pavement and swerved around me and a bunch of people and trundled down the pavement at about 20mph. How do people like that not get nicked!
Policemen on the beat can't catch them?

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 02-01-2019, 04:31 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Did the bullies that were chasing him crash their car into a truck and got covered in manure?
Old 02-01-2019, 04:32 PM
Zombie Nation

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
It's mobility scooters that need some attention. They are generally driven far above the legal speed limit and loads of people have been killed by them. No one seems to give a shit. Insurance might help.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:34 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I have one. A JD Bug of some sort, bought from some independent bike shop...

I got it - and only really use it - so I can keep up with the kids when they are on their scooters.
Can you carry it ? Thinking maybe taking it oin the tube.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:39 PM
Zombie Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
Can you carry it ? Thinking maybe taking it oin the tube.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:43 PM
Zombie Nation

I'm impressed by the way she just walks away.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:47 PM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Itís not that they are legal to ride on the pavement, but rather the law is lagging behind on new technology and it requires clarification.

No doubt this will be forthcoming following the first serious accident involving such a vehicle. Hoverboards are illegal, and I expect that electric scooters will follow such a path eventually.
I think electric scooters already are illegal, but I may be wrong.

I see a fair number on the segregated cycle lanes in central London (along with electric skateboards).