Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 02-01-2019, 04:47 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
Can you carry it ? Thinking maybe taking it oin the tube.
You could do, yes - really depends on what else you need to carry.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 02-01-2019, 04:48 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Second question - can they be chained up easy enough? Where I live is 10 minutes walk from the bustop and shops - One of these could be really useful.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:12 PM
Born in South London

gcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
It’s not that they are legal to ride on the pavement, but rather the law is lagging behind on new technology and it requires clarification.

No doubt this will be forthcoming following the first serious accident involving such a vehicle. Hoverboards are illegal, and I expect that electric scooters will follow such a path eventually.
Not surprising after this incident.

Old 02-01-2019, 06:19 PM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Its not that they are legal to ride on the pavement, but rather the law is lagging behind on new technology and it requires clarification.

No doubt this will be forthcoming following the first serious accident involving such a vehicle. Hoverboards are illegal, and I expect that electric scooters will follow such a path eventually.
Thanks Maz. I was asking about manual scooters though.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:15 PM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Re. scooting on the pavement, I found two articles on the subject (below). The consensus seems to be that the law is unclear, and pedestrians do have right of way (I think that means if there is a collision between a scooter and a pedestrian, the scooter user would be more likely to be prosecuted). So scoot with care.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 02-01-2019, 07:27 PM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was in Santa Monica last summer where the electric 'Bird' or 'Lime' scooters are rented via a phone app, similar to the Boris Bikes. Great fun.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:25 AM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki View Post
I was in Santa Monica last summer where the electric 'Bird' or 'Lime' scooters are rented via a phone app, similar to the Boris Bikes. Great fun.
I took my children "Segway-ing" along the beach path - huge fun for a while ... until it got a little boring ...
Old 03-01-2019, 06:04 PM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
I took my children "Segway-ing" along the beach path - huge fun for a while ... until it got a little boring ...
Locals weren't too impressed
Old 03-01-2019, 09:02 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
I suggest a full crash helmet if you get one to save anyone seeing who you are.
Most helpful post on here by a long way.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:59 AM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Perfectly legal to use them on the pavement, dont know about the road but probably a bad idea, you look like a bit of a numpty as an adult on a scooter but if you dont care what others think then they are much quicker than walking.

The JD Bug pro commute scooter is really nice and available in many independent bike shops so you'll also get good back up if anything ever goes wrong
Old 04-01-2019, 04:53 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki View Post
And ******* annoying!

As an aside, why does the specs for the Oxelo scooter say it has a range of 2 to 5 km? Surely the range is whatever you want it to be... there are no electrics involved are there?
Old 04-01-2019, 04:56 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
I have an Oxelo scooter it is used purely for keeping up with the kids I would never use it For anything other than this.
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 04-01-2019, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
why does the specs for the Oxelo scooter say it has a range of 2 to 5 km? Surely the range is whatever you want it to be... there are no electrics involved are there?
An interesting and valid point H

The spec I read says 'Distance 2 to 5 km'. Further down it says: 'Designed to occasional urban journeys over short distances up to 2km'.

The best and most relevant bit is at the top

KEY FEATURE: Double suspension to cushion bumps on the road. The ideal scooter for medium to long-distance journeys. 3 times faster and 3 times further than on foot

The Oxelo I saw (not sure which model) just looked strong and sturdy in comparison with many kids ones, and it was the first time I've really noticed someone taking one on a train, obviously using it as part of a journey. That's what prompted me to start the thread.

Old 04-01-2019, 06:17 AM

Further info:

Just noticed Oxelo is a Decathlon own brand, which explains why it's not on sale elsewhere ...

Old 04-01-2019, 06:17 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I have one. A JD Bug of some sort, bought from some independent bike shop...

I got it - and only really use it - so I can keep up with the kids when they are on their scooters.
How old are the kids now Steve? Regards to Janet.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:05 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus mickus View Post
How old are the kids now Steve? Regards to Janet.
Gilbert turns six later this month; Hannah is seven.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 04-01-2019, 07:12 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Gilbert turns six later this month; Hannah is seven.
Dear god. Where did that time go?

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:41 AM

I think I might pop into Decathlon in Surrey Quays today to have a look at an Oxelo. Will try and post afterwards for avid kick scooter thread followers
Old 04-01-2019, 09:25 AM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus mickus View Post
Dear god. Where did that time go?
Tell me about it

Old 04-01-2019, 09:49 PM

OK, popped into Decathlon in Surrey Quays this afternoon. It's a very impressive place, they've got brilliant tryout/play areas for lots of activities throughout the first floor, mainly geared for kids I think. The store was much too hot inside though.

The Oxelos all looked good. I sat on one and it felt OK. I lifted one of the boxes with a new one inside, and it felt pretty heavy - a bit too heavy to carry around, although it wasn't the lightest model. There are 4 models ranging from 70 to 140. A member of staff told me it is legal to ride them on the pavement and on the road.

I don't have the funds to buy one at the moment, but will think about it when it gets warmer, and hopefully I might be able to afford one by then.