Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

View Poll Results: Shall we move the jukebox back into the public bar?
Jukebox back 36 50.00%
Leave in the music saloon 26 36.11%
Moo 10 13.89%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2019, 06:22 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
What have The Beatles got to do with music ?
You’re right mate. I’ve always thought there is music, and then there was The Beatles. In their own universe - light years ahead of anything and everything.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 10-01-2019, 06:53 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
People who pretend to hate The Beatles do it for attention.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:10 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjas Headband View Post
Do they ? Why’s that then ?
Old 10-01-2019, 09:21 AM
Class Swot.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
[
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
You’re right mate. I’ve always thought there is music, and then there was The Beatles. In their own universe - light years ahead of anything and everything.
I thought this was the funniest thing posted on this thread......

Quote:
Then I read this.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 10-01-2019, 01:32 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Just admit it ME, when no one is looking you secretly singalong to Lucy in The sky With Diamonds and for this classic...

Old 10-01-2019, 01:37 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
I don't hate the Beatles. They're on a list with people like Elvis or Nirvana. I see why people like them and what they did for music, they just fade into the background and I have no opinion on them. They're just there.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 10-01-2019, 01:47 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

Know what you're saying Paulo as I'm not a big Beatles fan myself but you have to respect what they did as their influence is massive. You just have to look at what they were doing in their first few singles compared to what they were doing just a few years later. The Beatles use of the studio was ground breaking and has inspired generations since.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:55 PM
Class Swot.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Know what you're saying Paulo as I'm not a big Beatles fan myself but you have to respect what they did as their influence is massive. You just have to look at what they were doing in their first few singles compared to what they were doing just a few years later. The Beatles use of the studio was ground breaking and has inspired generations since.
An average band with a great producer.

Old 10-01-2019, 03:20 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
I don't hate the Beatles. They're on a list with people like Elvis or Nirvana. I see why people like them and what they did for music, they just fade into the background and I have no opinion on them. They're just there.
I agree, very well put, I feel the same way about Bob Marley
Old 10-01-2019, 04:46 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
The 5th Beatle, who was only producing comedy records until the Fab 4 came along?
Old 11-01-2019, 07:21 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
George Martin was great. And I will say individually with their instruments, they weren’t the best musicians around, but that’s missing the point. They smashed down the boundaries and creatively (songwriting and in the studio) there just has never been anyone like them. If you care to go into the minutiae of what they achieved - which I’m more than happy to it’s just truely awe inspiring.

And they created all that in just an eight year period.

I can understand why someone might not like them because they don’t like their music - sound is such a subjective thing; but I defy any decent musician/producer to deny the genius of what they achieved in the studio.

Here endeth this sermon.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 11-01-2019, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
What have The Beatles got to do with music ?
Rich let’s make a pact not to mention the B word next time we meet.

- John Peel
Old 11-01-2019, 08:18 AM
Class Swot.

Quote:
The 5th Beatle, who was only producing comedy records until the Fab 4 came along?
You beatle nuts love to re write history, but implying that George Martin was a nothing before he met the boy band of the 60's is an amazing effort. Well done.

Old 11-01-2019, 08:19 AM
Class Swot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
George Martin was great. And I will say individually with their instruments, they weren’t the best musicians around, but that’s missing the point. They smashed down the boundaries and creatively (songwriting and in the studio) there just has never been anyone like them. If you care to go into the minutiae of what they achieved - which I’m more than happy to it’s just truely awe inspiring.

And they created all that in just an eight year period.

I can understand why someone might not like them because they don’t like their music - sound is such a subjective thing; but I defy any decent musician/producer to deny the genius of what they achieved in the studio.

Here endeth this sermon.
Thanks, I needed a good laugh this morning.

Old 11-01-2019, 08:52 AM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
The Beatles "debates" on here do rather undermine the campaign to get music back in to GCC.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:43 AM
Class Swot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
The Beatles "debates" on here do rather undermine the campaign to get music back in to GCC.
Maybe we are running an underground movement to sneak music discussion into this forum?

Old 11-01-2019, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Thanks, I needed a good laugh this morning.
Out of interest Maidstoned, who are your music Gods? Please don’t say The Stones cos I’ll laugh a lot harder than you did.

- John Peel
Old 11-01-2019, 05:35 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Its covert op by ME to reintroduce a music forum without the mods knowing. There'll be reviews any page soon.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:57 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

Quote:
You beatle nuts love to re write history, but implying that George Martin was a nothing before he met the boy band of the 60's is an amazing effort. Well done.
Other than the odd novelty song he didn't have much success until he met the Moptops. Their success is a major reason why the British music scene has been a World leader ever since the Sixties. For a small island we have punched well above our weight.

Old 11-01-2019, 06:12 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Maybe we are running an underground movement to sneak music discussion into this forum?
If you were doing that, you would be posting "Wrong forum" whenever you could and suggesting that everything in life has a musical element.