Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 06-12-2018, 04:01 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
Clearly a 3 minute video was too long for you to maintain concentration.
Do you see yourself as the heroic second Lion?
Old 06-12-2018, 04:09 PM
I believe in Sørloth

Raggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Do you see yourself as the heroic second Lion?
Now you mention it there is a similarity. Thanks.

Do you see yourself like that one on 2.37 that tried to hang around at the back, but still ended up getting bitten in the arse?
Old 06-12-2018, 04:22 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
I doubt they would post. I quite like skintagain's posts. I disagree with him but he articulates a widely held view and gets derided for it as a brainless simpleton. He clearly isn't. And he certainly doesn't need me to fight his corner.

It's no wonder less self confident people are reluctant to put their heads above the parapet and debate on here.
He clearly is a simpleton. All his argument are shallow as is his knowledge. He thinks in headline size clumps as can be seen whenever he tries to back his arguments with facts. Well, not actual facts just lazy anecdotes.

The problem with the leave argument is the lack of an argument that doesn't rely on little Englander bigotry.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:22 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Now you mention it there is a similarity. Thanks.

Do you see yourself like that one on 2.37 that tried to hang around at the back, but still ended up getting bitten in the arse?
They both looked a bit slow and past their prime.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:28 PM

Jonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
The absurdity of the line 'just believe in Britain' is the biggest one that irks me. What exactly is that based on? I do wish at times that there were more remainers on here with half a brain to try and defend this nonsense.
The leavers with half a brain know that it is indefensible nonsense.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:47 PM

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
The leavers with half a brain know that it is indefensible nonsense.
I would say on this forum it's a 95%remain,and a 5%leave,but at least that gives you something worthwhile to do
Old 06-12-2018, 04:53 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
As a Sunderland MP, a lot of people think my city’s a Leave city. Figures on constituents who’ve contacted me in recent weeks:
▪️51% now calling for a People’s Vote to stay in the EU
▪️29% want a ‘clean break’
◾️20% believe PM’s deal better than no deal

Bridgett Phillipson, MP Sunderland South

(Sunderland voted 61% Leave in the referendum)
Old 06-12-2018, 04:56 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
"The Government has watered down a commitment by Theresa May to protect EU citizens’ rights in the event of a no-deal Brexit, despite an earlier pledge by the Prime Minister.

In an explanatory note published on Thursday the Department for Exiting the EUsaid it would continue the existing settlement scheme for EU citizens living in the UK, but make it less generous compared to what is spelled out in the withdrawal agreement."

That's nice.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:59 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
I think Baffled Bob 2 makes a very good point, and those of us who wish to Remain would do well to note that facts are all very well, but many Leavers are very emotional about this.

We need to address things we know aren't related in a non-condescending way.

People feel hard done by since the banking crisis and that the economy benefits others and not them. Therefore telling them that leaving will harm the economy doesn't mean a thing to them. We need to be sympathetic and try and indicate the benefits that outweigh the issues.

I know its difficult. I'm as guilty as anyone of taking the piss.

Must try harder though.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:59 PM
I believe in Sørloth

Raggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
As a Sunderland MP, a lot of people think my city’s a Leave city. Figures on constituents who’ve contacted me in recent weeks:
▪️51% now calling for a People’s Vote to stay in the EU
▪️29% want a ‘clean break’
◾️20% believe PM’s deal better than no deal

Bridgett Phillipson, MP Sunderland South

(Sunderland voted 61% Leave in the referendum)
Remainers more likely to moan to anyone who'll listen?
Remainers with a greater sense of entitlement?
Remainers more insistent that their MP should listen to their individual view?

Who would have thought it?
Old 06-12-2018, 05:07 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:

Pathetic.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 06-12-2018, 05:07 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:

Whilst it would certainly be useful to know the source, it seems unlikely an MP for an area would post statistics that seem very wrong compared to what she sees of her constituents.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:08 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
"The Government has watered down a commitment by Theresa May to protect EU citizens’ rights in the event of a no-deal Brexit, despite an earlier pledge by the Prime Minister.

In an explanatory note published on Thursday the Department for Exiting the EUsaid it would continue the existing settlement scheme for EU citizens living in the UK, but make it less generous compared to what is spelled out in the withdrawal agreement."

That's nice.
Confused as to how this can be changed at this point. I thought negotiation about withdrawal was over, and citizens rights were a part of it?
Old 06-12-2018, 05:12 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
I think the case for staying in the EU is unanswerable. We are clearly better off in than out.

I just hate the "who's using the family brain cell?" comments.

It confirms all of the prejudices Brexiters hold about Remainers.
Remainers tend (overly much?) to listen to facts and data. Many, many times on this thread they have asked for some factual benefits of leaving the EU. But no one has been able to answer this (except with the fib “I have already answered this”).

Faced with this, it’s unsurprising that they tend to get ridiculed.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 06-12-2018, 05:13 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Faced with this, it’s unsurprising that they tend to get ridiculed.
Agreed, but its not helping our cause.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:13 PM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
So does anyone know what Corbyns plans are if Mays deal is voted down and she survives a parliamentary vote of confidence .
The Tories aren't going anywhere even if Mays deal is defeated and the Tories have a leadership challenge .

Will Corbyn back a second referendum ? A MP's vote on a second referendum would likely fail to get enough votes in parliament .

Will Corbyn give May time and support to go back to the EU to get a better deal ?

Seems to me Corbyn options are severely limited whatever happens next Tuesday .

The amendment's will not stop a no deal happening .

Last edited by racehorse-80s; 06-12-2018 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:15 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse-80s View Post
So does anyone know what Corbyns plans are if Mays deal is voted down and she survives a parliamentary vote of confidence .
The Tories aren't going anywhere even if Mays deal is defeated .

Will Corbyn back a second referendum ? A MP's vote on a second referendum would likely fail to get enough votes in parliament .

Will Corbyn give May time and support to go back to the EU to get a better deal ?

Seems to me Corbyn options are severely limited whatever happens next Tuesday .

The amendment's will not stop a no deal happening .
All a bit up in the air isn't it?!

Although, no deal is not going to happen. As is confirmed every time an MP opens their mouth that is not towing the May-bot line.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:17 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith View Post
Confused as to how this can be changed at this point. I thought negotiation about withdrawal was over, and citizens rights were a part of it?
The government are saying they will change the citizens agreement in the event of a no deal.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:18 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Agreed, but its not helping our cause.
After two years of asking the same question, patience grows thin.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 06-12-2018, 05:18 PM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
Quote:
That would only apply if May's deal is rejected and there is a no deal .