Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 26-04-2018, 06:10 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
I wonder whether having a resident NFL team will really grow the game and its popularity as they predict?

We’ve been to see one of the Jaguars matches at Wembley and enjoyed it. But it was a novelty for us and we’ve no intention of making this a regular thing.

If you’re already supporting an English footie team, or a rugby team, that’s what you’re going to stick with for most weekends. We like NFL, but simply don’t have the time to attend two sports, especially as we have school and club sports of our own too.

I’ve friends who watch an annual NFL match at Wembley, but none of them have ever said they’d love a team to come permanently and that they’d like to go regularly.

As I said earlier, I do think it has novelty appeal and the tickets sell well for that. But will there be sustainable demand for regular matches?

Can’t help thinking it’d be safer for this guy to hire Wembley from the FA on a long term deal whilst he establishes his team here. And then maybe an option to buy in 10/20 years if it proves worthwhile.
Old 26-04-2018, 06:13 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowieslovechild View Post
Easy to get to and from?

Did you travel back by tube? Queued over 70 minutes just to get onto the train platform, down some Jack The Ripper-esque, shitty side street.
Yes never had a problem getting to or away from wembley personally. I have been reasonably often and have always been back in central london in no time at all.
Old 26-04-2018, 06:33 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
We once used one of their multi-storey car parks for a concert. We had a young child with us, so thought it’d be a good idea that he could sleep in the car on the way home, rather than struggle across London on the trains.

The website even promised a quick getaway afterwards.

Well, we didn’t even get out of our car park slot for over an hour, then queue to leave for another hour. Not a single member of staff in sight to supervise or control the car park inside. At least the roads were clearer by then for the hour drive home. So it took us 3 hours in total.

Have used ‘park on my drive’ deals since then, much better and cheaper.
Old 26-04-2018, 06:34 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
footie
WTF?
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 26-04-2018, 06:47 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davematt View Post
If the FA commit to spending the money being quoted into Grassroots, then I'm all for it.

Need more 3G/4G pitches and this will naturally allow for that to happen.
100% this.

Clinton Morrison
Old 26-04-2018, 07:09 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
100% this.
They will build a few to appease the public and tick some boxes, but overall the suits and FA cronies will all trouser a tidy penny

England will have to rent Wembley from an American football franchise, what a joke that will be.
Old 26-04-2018, 07:10 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
100% this.
You don’t hear the Brazilian national team talk about the need for 4G pitches.
Seriously even if we sell, once the debt is repaid (plus penalties and fees), then admin fees and rip off sub contractors, what’s left?
Old 26-04-2018, 07:18 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
Fulham should move there for the lols
No never. I want Fulham to go up and stay at Craven Cottage as it is a great local away day with good pubs and a generous ticket allocation.
Old 26-04-2018, 07:36 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Always drive to and from games at Wembley, either Park on my Drive (in the Wembley Central area), or Wembley Central shopping centre. Tenner for Park on my drive, less for the shopping centre. Always drive home in just over an hour, because the vast, vast majority use public transport and the roads are pretty clear
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 26-04-2018, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
WTF?
Would you prefer soccer?
Old 26-04-2018, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
No never. I want Fulham to go up and stay at Craven Cottage as it is a great local away day with good pubs and a generous ticket allocation.
Yes, one of my favourite away grounds.

Used to live near enough that, if the wind was in the right direction, I could guess what the score was by the cheers.
Old 26-04-2018, 07:57 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Would you prefer soccer?
Than “footie”? Actually yes
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 26-04-2018, 08:05 PM

NorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poosence View Post
Not having the this American Football popularity creep in the UK. Rubbish sport.

"Oh, but you don't understand the magic and deep tactics of it"

No, I don't, **** off.
Totally agree.

Don't get why people watch nfl. Tedious beyond belief!
Old 26-04-2018, 08:13 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not having the this American Football popularity creep in the UK. Rubbish sport.

No, I don't, **** off.
Old 26-04-2018, 08:14 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPalace23 View Post
Totally agree.

Don't get why people watch nfl. Tedious beyond belief!
Old 26-04-2018, 08:22 PM
Banned by Moderators

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

No, I don't, **** off.
Spot on.
A couple of years ago my son got me and him tickets for an NFL game at Wembley. I reckon he only likes it for the team badges/cheer leaders.
I was bored shitless. It only brightened up when Def Leppard were the half time entertainment.
Old 26-04-2018, 08:45 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
So Wembley being sold, Spurs ground being redeveloped and expanded to 62,000, Chelsky's ground costing a billion to do up , West Ham trying to expand to 66k capacity, Palace wanting another 8,000 seats, Wimbledon getting a new ground, QPR hoping to and the Oval getting a £50m expansion. London isn't going to short of sporting stadia.
Old 26-04-2018, 08:48 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
You don’t hear the Brazilian national team talk about the need for 4G pitches.
Seriously even if we sell, once the debt is repaid (plus penalties and fees), then admin fees and rip off sub contractors, what’s left?
Their population is over double ours and Football is ingrained throughout the whole country. They're inspired by Futsal played on the streets so it's a complete different culture.

As a nation were pampered so we have to fall into what suits us best. Kids don't play in the streets now etc.

I've no idea what will be left financially but look at what Holland have done by installing 4G pitches almost everywhere and Iceland for that matter.

Clinton Morrison
Old 26-04-2018, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post
They will build a few to appease the public and tick some boxes, but overall the suits and FA cronies will all trouser a tidy penny

England will have to rent Wembley from an American football franchise, what a joke that will be.
Fully agree and I was going to say the same.

Clinton Morrison
Old 26-04-2018, 08:55 PM
Banned by Moderators

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
On the plus side, FA cup semis back at Villa Park, Old Trafford.....