Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 28-06-2018, 10:53 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
Standing uses 50% more calories than sitting
Not is you are having a Goddards' pie and a pint at half-time

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 29-06-2018, 06:30 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
"Safe standing is not a betrayal of the Hillsborough families but a new era for football" by an active member of the Hillsborough Justice Campaign:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 29-06-2018, 07:50 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawel Lis View Post
I apologise in advance if this point has already been made in this thread, I haven't the time to trawl through all of it.

I attended several games last season sitting in the second row (row 3) of the lower Holmesdale. For much of these matches the fans in front of me stood, forcing me to stand as well in order to watch the play. Standing in an area with conventional seats is surely potentially more hazardous than standing in a safe standing area with rail seats! Therefore if a safe standing area was instituted those who wish to stand could could utilise it and those who wish to sit would not have their view impeded. Due to my age and serious illness I do find it difficult to stand for long periods of time.
What you are saying is the fundamental basis for the safe standing argument, in that it will help segregate those who wish to stand from those who wish to sit. Initially it will take a few years to settle in but eventually should find the right balance.
Old 29-06-2018, 08:00 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
"Safe standing is not a betrayal of the Hillsborough families but a new era for football" by an active member of the Hillsborough Justice Campaign:

Very good, balanced article that
Old 29-06-2018, 08:21 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:

Very interesting article.

I posted about a week ago on here that whilst I believe the Hillsborough families need to be consulted and considered, I also think that they should remain open to new ideas.

Judging by that article, many have been and some have even tried the new system at Celtic.

So one wonders just how many Hillsborough families were the MPs referring to when they recently spoke against safe standing? If it’s only a few then, with respect and sympathy to their terrible experience, it does sound like some football grounds are ready to enter a new era on this.

Fans will probably be safer standing in the new sections than they are travelling to the ground whilst standing in the crowded trains.
Old 29-06-2018, 08:41 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Margaret Aspinall is the 'main voice' within the Hillsborough Justice Campaign, and it also happens that she is probably the staunchest person that says there should never be any return to standing

The writer of the article, as well as those Liverpool fans who went to see rail seating in action at Celtic accept that they have no right to dictate to the wider football public (not least because fans on The Kop stand every match)

Sensitivity and balance are the key, and with a little time and patience almost everyone can get what they want
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 29-06-2018, 09:34 AM
Fear the ghost of Pol Pot

Skintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Its not them that are trying to block and controlling the Liverpool MP's its the Hillsborough Family Support Group.

They are fully against but I doubt outside of Liverpool will have much influence.