Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 28-01-2018, 08:24 PM
Woody McWoodface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Web Site Zoom In and Out - Windows vs Android (and iOS?)

Possibly a silly question...

When I view a web site, such as this one, on IE or Chrome on a Windows device I can zoom the text size by pressing CTRL and + (or - to zoom out). Doing that, the text sizes all increase but the frames around the page stay in place - so the page still fits the width of the screen but the text gets bigger. All good.

When I am on a pad or phone there does not appear to be an equivalent and if you use the reverse-pinch gesture to make the text bigger, it increases the width of the page and you lose a whole load of text off the sides of the screen in the process, so you end up scrolling the page left and right and up and down and all over the place.

Is there a way of increasing text size but maintaining the page proportions?

I should add that I am aware of the 'Accessibility' option in setup with the 'Text Scaling' slider on Android Chrome, however that just makes the post content larger but does not increase any of the other text on the page around it, making it very difficult to navigate around due to the widely differing font sizes displayed side by side.

Why can't they have an equivalent to the CTRL + and - zoom given that so many of us rely on pads and phones for our web browsing these days? Or perhaps they have and I've missed something obvious?
Old 29-01-2018, 05:15 PM
Lost in translation

BBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is here
On android you open chrome, go Settings, Accessibility and change text size.
Old 29-01-2018, 06:13 PM

Marki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Settings —> Accessibility —> Larger Text on IOS?
Old 30-01-2018, 09:14 AM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
Possibly a silly question...
Not really silly as I use this feature on a Win 10 tablet for my dodgy eye sight all the time. It allows you to resize the font on the fly whilst having the web page still visible and without altering the page boundaries out side of the original screen size. Chrome on Windows does this as well.

My tablet dual boots into Android 5.1 and has Chrome, Opera, Mozilla and Dolphin browsers installed and there doesn't seem to be a simple way as with Windows to do the same? Going into settings as described previously is a way but its trial and error to see if it gets the right result. You can download Edge browser on Android now but it loses the instant scaling ability of the Windows version. It looks maybe that it is a feature of Windows that just hasn't been taken up by Android yet?
Old 05-02-2018, 01:44 AM
Woody McWoodface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LN1 View Post
Not really silly as I use this feature on a Win 10 tablet for my dodgy eye sight all the time. It allows you to resize the font on the fly whilst having the web page still visible and without altering the page boundaries out side of the original screen size. Chrome on Windows does this as well.

My tablet dual boots into Android 5.1 and has Chrome, Opera, Mozilla and Dolphin browsers installed and there doesn't seem to be a simple way as with Windows to do the same? Going into settings as described previously is a way but its trial and error to see if it gets the right result. You can download Edge browser on Android now but it loses the instant scaling ability of the Windows version. It looks maybe that it is a feature of Windows that just hasn't been taken up by Android yet?
Thanks that's pretty much exactly where I am with it.

I'm amazed that this hasn't been implemented by now by at least one of the providers of browser software for Android :/