Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 17-01-2018, 12:17 AM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Started a second Master League... As Bayer Leverkusen. No idea what sort of level the Bundesliga will prove to be though. Already won my first two games 1-3 in the Supercup and then the League 4-0. ��

Signed Mamadou Sakho for €24m, but not sure I can stretch to the €35m Palace want for Zaha. Especially as I need a better second keeper than Lomb or Del Favero.

GK. Leno
GK. Lömb
GK. Del Favero

DF. Henrichs
DF. Wendell
DF. Tah
DF. S. Bender
DF. Retsos
DF. Sakho
DF. Jedvaj

MF. Bellarabi
MF. L. Bender
MF. Baumgartlinger
MF. Havertz
MF. Kohr
MF. Aranguiz

FW. Brandt
FW. Bailey
FW. Alario
FW. Kießling
FW. Pohjanpalo
FW. Volland

Last edited by Latvian Eagle; 17-01-2018 at 12:21 AM.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:53 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
I am completely sick and tired of FIFA. Been playing it for years but I’ve officially given up on it. So, so, so arcadey, opponents make no effort to play anything resembling real football because they don’t need to, there’s no need for build up play or more than 3 passes in a row to score. I’ve heard that PES may fall down in terms of league rights and stuff but has more realistic and lifelike gameplay. Can those who have played both FIFA 18 and PES 18 verify that?

Last edited by CP-RJW; 12-02-2018 at 11:57 PM.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:59 PM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
I am completely sick and tired of FIFA. Been playing it for years but I’ve officially given up on it. So, so, so arcadey, opponents make no effort to play anything resembling real football because they don’t need to, there’s no need for build up play or more than 3 passes in a row to score. I’ve heard that PES may fall down in terms of league rights and stuff but has more realistic and lifelike gameplay. Can those who have played both FIFA 18 and PES 18 verify that?
I played the FIFA 18 demo once. Felt it was slow sluggish and robotic the same as it has been for years. PES isn'tperfect but it's much more realistic.

Getting official badges and kits with an Option File on PS4 takes like 15 minutes max. I must admit I had to get a PS4 though. I couldn't play it on Xbox One anymore without the ability to get Option Files. Official licences aren't everything but they do add to the experience.
Old 13-02-2018, 12:09 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
I played the FIFA 18 demo once. Felt it was slow sluggish and robotic the same as it has been for years. PES isn'tperfect but it's much more realistic.

Getting official badges and kits with an Option File on PS4 takes like 15 minutes max. I must admit I had to get a PS4 though. I couldn't play it on Xbox One anymore without the ability to get Option Files. Official licences aren't everything but they do add to the experience.
Thanks mate. Unfortunately I’m on the Xbox One, but as time consuming as it may be I can edit the team names in game right? I can live without official badges but I couldn’t live with South Norwood vs East Sussex
Old 13-02-2018, 12:30 AM
Werkself

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Thanks mate. Unfortunately I’m on the Xbox One, but as time consuming as it may be I can edit the team names in game right? I can live without official badges but I couldn’t live with South Norwood vs East Sussex
Yeah team names can be done. And you can edit kits. As the fake kits look nothing like the real kits. South Norwood as we are called are in Blue and White stripes.
Old 22-02-2018, 08:50 PM
Werkself

So the key is to not try and force it. I have updated my game and decided to start all over again on the next level up (Top Player), and it's fair to say at first I really struggled. I wasn't really making in roads attacking and kept conceding silly goals. Since I have decided to try and keep possession better and not force the ball into blind alleys my results have picked up. All a little embarrassing to begin with but you can see the gradual improvement (playing as Bayer Leverkusen).

L 3-0 vs Borussia Mönchengladbach (German Super Cup)
L 5-0 vs Hoffenheim
L 1-0 vs Augsburg
D 1-1 vs Borussia Dortmund
L 2-0 vs Sporting Lisbon (Europa League)
L 2-1 vs Eintracht Frankfurt
W 3-0 vs Hamburg
D 0-0 vs Partizan Belgrade (Europa League)
W 2-0 vs Wolfsburg

I must admit the step up in level did take me by surprise a bit at first. Just need to be patient and stick at it.
Old 23-02-2018, 07:37 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
So the key is to not try and force it. I have updated my game and decided to start all over again on the next level up (Top Player), and it's fair to say at first I really struggled. I wasn't really making in roads attacking and kept conceding silly goals. Since I have decided to try and keep possession better and not force the ball into blind alleys my results have picked up. All a little embarrassing to begin with but you can see the gradual improvement (playing as Bayer Leverkusen).

L 3-0 vs Borussia Mönchengladbach (German Super Cup)
L 5-0 vs Hoffenheim
L 1-0 vs Augsburg
D 1-1 vs Borussia Dortmund
L 2-0 vs Sporting Lisbon (Europa League)
L 2-1 vs Eintracht Frankfurt
W 3-0 vs Hamburg
D 0-0 vs Partizan Belgrade (Europa League)
W 2-0 vs Wolfsburg

I must admit the step up in level did take me by surprise a bit at first. Just need to be patient and stick at it.
This makes me happy, normally you go from edition to edition on the highest level and nothing really challenges after the first few games to adjust.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 23-02-2018, 07:19 PM
Werkself

Next game a trip to Frankfurt in the DFB Pokal and ****ed over by Scripting. Last 20 mins all over them, banging on the door. Then the CPU takes over, couldn't get out of my box for love nor money. Clear one away up to half way, CPU one touch, lofted through ball to the back post, player looks about 15 yards offside, header, goal... 92nd ******* minute.

You could just tell from how the game was playing it was going to happen too.
Old 23-07-2018, 05:15 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Finally got round to buying this, jumped straight into a master league with Palace

L Brighton 3-0
D Watford 1-1 (Loftus-Cheek)
W Liverpool 2-1 (Loftus-Cheek, Cabaye)

It is a lot harder, especially defensively. I am not quite sure how I beat Liverpool, I scored from a corner and a defensive mistake from them gifting me the ball and clung on to dear life, an amazing last ditch block from Tomkins kept the score 2-1.

I should have probably beat Watford missing a glorious chance in the last minute.

Brighton completely destroyed me.

I had to change from Roy's 4-4-2 after the Brighton game as I was outrun all over the pitch and they found space everywhere. I reverted back to the trusted 4-2-3-1 formation but I might relook at that because Benteke as a target man isn't really working at the moment as I can't get a cross to land on his head.

My only signing has been Alario on a free and a quick google search shows he is now playing for Leverkusen in real life. I am trying to find a winger on loan to cover Townsend and Zaha, Wilf is really good at running with the ball but the 2 shots I have had with him have gone miles wide and his crossing isn't finding anyone, no end product Wilf is back!
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 23-07-2018, 07:41 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
The default controller settings are not ideal and you need to turn off the auto feint setting as with it on you cannot pull off many skill moves.
Turn on the manual settings after you have mastered the auto settings.
There are loads of informative Youtube videos on PES 2018
Old 25-07-2018, 07:43 AM

The through ball system is a bit nutty!? How are you meant to do a manual one? I did the training session on it which is fine when there are no defenders but during a match how are you meant to have time to move that cursor about? Same with the shooting really which is much improved, again on the training it is easy to hammer shots in but in a real match I either drill it low or fire it over.

Having not lost a game of PES 2017 against the AI for a long time it is frustrating being beaten so easily by everyone, Nice to have the challenge back, I think.
Old 25-07-2018, 07:46 AM
Werkself

I couldn't get used to manual through balls. I kept passing the ball backwards or about 40 yards out of play.