Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Which best describes you?
Currently in Holmesdale Lower, if rail seats (ie standing) are installed I want to be in them 145 40.50%
Currently in Holmesdale Lower - would choose a seating area if back of lower became standing 30 8.38%
Currently NOT IN Holmesdale Lower but would love to move to rail seating (standing) 103 28.77%
Not in Lower tier, and no interest in being in any standing area 63 17.60%
MOO! 17 4.75%
Voters: 358. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2018, 07:34 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanH View Post
The exits were all locked at the back of the seating area and no one was around to open them so a lot of the dead were found by the locked exit gates. The fire also spread quickly as they stored rubbish under the wooden stand. A lot of lessons were learned that day.
Likewise, the main reason for Hillsborough was down to the fences rather than the terracing, but they still managed to get rid of them. Never heard of a fire causing any deaths on a terrace.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:41 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Seems 7 seating rows and 28 standing across the tier would be about right according to the poll. I'd take that for a singing section tbh. Would be flipping awesome compared to the clubs current crackpot idea for a solution.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:47 PM

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Seems 7 seating rows and 28 standing across the tier would be about right according to the poll. I'd take that for a singing section tbh. Would be flipping awesome compared to the clubs current crackpot idea for a solution.
Hardly worth leaving seven seated rows right at the bottom of the tier.
Do the lot.

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 06-11-2018, 08:08 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by old git View Post
Hardly worth leaving seven seated rows right at the bottom of the tier.
Do the lot.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:25 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Was it? I thought the tories pushed it through. Theyve always hated football.
True but at the time violence was a standard part of the 'experience' and it was spiralling way out of control which of course came to a head at Heysel and Hillsborough, something had to happen.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:39 PM
South Penge Massive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
True but at the time violence was a standard part of the 'experience' and it was spiralling way out of control which of course came to a head at Heysel and Hillsborough, something had to happen.
Yeah. Denying us our rightful place in Europe.

Pretty obvious really.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:41 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yeah. Denying us our rightful place in Europe.
Oh God yeah I'd forgotten that, ******* scousers.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:53 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Any chance of copying and pasting the actual wording in the guide.

I'm just surprised that I can't find any of the serious papers commenting on this, particularly the Guardian.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)

Last edited by dave_who_ru; 07-11-2018 at 09:22 AM.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:11 PM
PALACE since 1967

hortoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehortoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehortoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehortoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehortoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehortoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehortoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehortoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehortoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehortoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehortoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
having spent many years standing on the terraces of the holmesdale I would swop my seat for a rail seat in a heart beat, surging in the Holmesdale when we scored was such a rush (but totally unsafe) as it proved sadly on many occasions at other clubs, but rail seating now im 51 seems a safer option cant wait to live the dream again on the Holmesdale, I say take the lot out and rail seat the whole lower tier , watch the volume crank up
Old 06-11-2018, 09:38 PM

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hortoneagle View Post
having spent many years standing on the terraces of the holmesdale I would swop my seat for a rail seat in a heart beat, surging in the Holmesdale when we scored was such a rush (but totally unsafe) as it proved sadly on many occasions at other clubs, but rail seating now im 51 seems a safer option cant wait to live the dream again on the Holmesdale, I say take the lot out and rail seat the whole lower tier , watch the volume crank up
I'm 55 mate and your post fits my thoughts exactly. Maybe another few years I will move to the new stand ( if ever built ) but would like a few years more standing.

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 06-11-2018, 10:20 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
The disabled section is located behind Block A of the Holmesdale and that includes wheelchair users, ambulant disabled and carers.

The effect on their view of the game would have to be taken into consideration especially as the disabled facilities are located in this area of the stand such as the disabled toilets and the sensory room which is a new addition to the facilities required to comply with disability facilities at football stadia.

A raised platform could solve the sight-line problem as at present there is a slightly elevated raised wooden floor to raise the wheelchair users line of sight.

Many ambulant disabled fans cannot sit all game or stand all game as due to blood circulation problems they have to both stand and sit for periods of the match and for this reason they would ideally need to be located in a seat where they could also stand if required.

No doubt this will be discussed at the next CPFC DSA meeting in a couple of weeks time.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:27 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by old git View Post
I'm 55 mate and your post fits my thoughts exactly. Maybe another few years I will move to the new stand ( if ever built ) but would like a few years more standing.
Mirrors my thought and feelings. However, there is a danger we may be excluded due to our advanced years??
Old 06-11-2018, 10:44 PM

Norwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
The disabled section is located behind Block A of the Holmesdale and that includes wheelchair users, ambulant disabled and carers.

The effect on their view of the game would have to be taken into consideration especially as the disabled facilities are located in this area of the stand such as the disabled toilets and the sensory room which is a new addition to the facilities required to comply with disability facilities at football stadia.

A raised platform could solve the sight-line problem as at present there is a slightly elevated raised wooden floor to raise the wheelchair users line of sight.

Many ambulant disabled fans cannot sit all game or stand all game as due to blood circulation problems they have to both stand and sit for periods of the match and for this reason they would ideally need to be located in a seat where they could also stand if required.

No doubt this will be discussed at the next CPFC DSA meeting in a couple of weeks time.
I was thinking about that the other day.

If you rejigged the entire lower tier you could easily extend the disabled facilities with more space and have essentially a raised platform across the whole tier.

Doubt it would happen though. Maybe not the whole stand as I imagine any flags etc. in Block E would go above the sightline.

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 06-11-2018, 11:04 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Many seats would be lost if the disabled section was extended across the back of the Holmesdale Lower as it would require the removal of 5 rows of seating which would greatly reduce the capacity.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:25 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
The disabled section is a joke because of the Sky studio.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 07-11-2018, 11:54 AM

Simmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bald-eagle View Post
bring back the Arthur enclosure
Ahhh, happy days

The plumbing would be in for a real torrid time, though . A real 'Greek tragedy'in the making
Old 07-11-2018, 12:03 PM

IanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hortoneagle View Post
Although surges might have been a rush, standing was not all good. I seem to recall at QPR in the Cup we were so rammed into that lower terrace that people couldn't get out to go to the toilet. That was a messy afternoon!
Old 07-11-2018, 12:08 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
The disabled section is a joke because of the Sky studio.
To be fair - after the complete incompetence of putting in the studio without thinking about the impact on the disabled section - the club have done a good thing and converted it into a sensory room (when not needed for TV).

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 07-11-2018, 12:09 PM

Simmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sorry to ask - Does anyone know what the ratio of rail seat vs "regular" seating is? I think I read once that a rail seated / safe standing area extends capacity by 20% but of course it could be up to 50% +
Old 07-11-2018, 12:11 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
I think the way they have sneaked it in will mean it is 1:1
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni