Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 26-12-2018, 11:06 AM
عضو النسور

Bo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
You lost me at vegan pie
Old 26-12-2018, 11:10 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Jangles View Post
You lost me at vegan pie
It would have been funnier if he was just trolling me, but with respect to the lad, I don't think he was that smart.
Old 26-12-2018, 01:36 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
My guess would've been vegetables.
Old 26-12-2018, 01:39 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
My guess would've been vegetables.
That’s about as useful an answer as ‘vegan stuff’.
Old 26-12-2018, 01:53 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
The official term is 'that vegan crap' but alternative descriptions are available.
Old 26-12-2018, 10:39 PM

eagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2008 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
Grimsby in the cup will be last game you can use cash at Selhurst.
Better bring all my coppers over to celebrate the grand occasion
Old 27-12-2018, 06:56 AM

la barrosa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minela barrosa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minela barrosa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minela barrosa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minela barrosa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minela barrosa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minela barrosa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minela barrosa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minela barrosa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minela barrosa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minela barrosa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
vegan pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
At our last game I fancied a pie, so I asked the kid behind the counter what was in the vegan pie. Here's a transcript:

Me: So what's in the vegan pie?
Him: It's a pie for vegans.
Me: I know that, but what's actually inside the pie?
Him: I dunno - vegan stuff.
Me: Any chance you can check?
He goes and talks to someone and come back.
Him: It's a pie that's got vegan stuff inside.

I sometimes wonder if management are aware at just how thick some of the staff they have there are. Entertaining at times though
Its people like you that hold the queue up.
Old 27-12-2018, 10:35 AM

old traf will cross the room to turn the lights down lowold traf will cross the room to turn the lights down lowold traf will cross the room to turn the lights down lowold traf will cross the room to turn the lights down lowold traf will cross the room to turn the lights down lowold traf will cross the room to turn the lights down lowold traf will cross the room to turn the lights down lowold traf will cross the room to turn the lights down lowold traf will cross the room to turn the lights down lowold traf will cross the room to turn the lights down lowold traf will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
This is about the transfer and wages budget, isn't it not?
No, they are both paid by Bank Transfer.
Old 28-12-2018, 02:46 PM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
At the Cardiff game I was really struggling - I thought I'd get on the Whitehorse concourse nice and early to avoid all the traffic and no-train issues etc.

Problems

The concourse wasn't open until about 13:40

The filters in the fryer extractor hood were so clogged up with thick yellow grease (like when you see pictures of honeycomb being taken out of a beehive) - dripping, that the smoke was filling the kitchen so they took the filters out and the fat and smoke just pumped straight out onto the concourse - I now have a winter coat with 'eau de Burger Fat' - it stinks

The server did not know what an 'early bird' deal was and I had to argue for a while before she tried to put it through the till and then was shocked that there was such a thing. Then she said I couldn't have a beer only a soft drink, oh another discussion and we eventually got there

The first burger I got was rock hard - dried out and inedible bun, so she asked me what I wanted to do... erm, change it please

The next one was bright pink raw - nasty, so she asked me what I wanted to do... erm, change it please So she gave it to the chef who took the part eaten raw burger out of the bun and stuck it back on the grill (with my saliva on it as well) and then gave it back to me a couple of minutes later

At this point I decided to lob it in the bin and order another f**king pint instead

And all this was despite me being one of the very first in the ground!

It really is still so f**ked up, cashless payments isn't really the top priority issue here by any means.
Old 28-12-2018, 02:51 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
We still have Emek Kebab and Doneagles chippy on the way to the ground, so not too bothered.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 03-02-2019, 02:12 PM

CPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not seen it mentioned on another thread yet, so apologies if I've missed it. Any thoughts on how this went? Same queues at half time in the AW, all the way back to the wall. From my point of view, didn't improve anything
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."
Old 03-02-2019, 02:32 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Plenty of cash being taken at the food hut in Arthur.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:03 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Still didn’t make the queues in the bars any quicker before or after the game. They really need to put a system in place. However i had a guy asking “what kind of scotch do you have?” To a barmaid yesterday.
Was a painful experience all round.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:10 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
It’s not the payment side which is the problem, it’s the painfully slow service. They need to be incentivised to turn around customers quickly. Maybe a kiosk per stand winner of most served customers gets a bonus.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:12 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
At our last game I fancied a pie, so I asked the kid behind the counter what was in the vegan pie. Here's a transcript:

Me: So what's in the vegan pie?
Him: It's a pie for vegans.
Me: I know that, but what's actually inside the pie?
Him: I dunno - vegan stuff.
Me: Any chance you can check?
He goes and talks to someone and come back.
Him: It's a pie that's got vegan stuff inside.

I sometimes wonder if management are aware at just how thick some of the staff they have there are. Entertaining at times though
Maybe you could become a Brighton fan ... Vegan pie ..... Can you not bring your own dandelions!
Old 03-02-2019, 05:14 PM
A source of real news

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Paid cash for one of those long hotdogs. 4 quid and absolute crap. How can they not do a proper sausage and a better bun.

mik59 Brexit post 97654 "you could rule the result illegal tomorrow and still Brexit is enshrined in UK law"
Old 03-02-2019, 05:15 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
It’s not the payment side which is the problem, it’s the painfully slow service. They need to be incentivised to turn around customers quickly. Maybe a kiosk per stand winner of most served customers gets a bonus.
Maybe an extra 15p for the day on top of the minimum pay our Premier League club pays?
Vote with your feet ...other options before you get to the game.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:16 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Paid cash for one of those long hotdogs. 4 quid and absolute crap. How can they not do a proper sausage and a better bun.
Cos they don't give a shit?
Old 03-02-2019, 05:18 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Maybe you could become a Brighton fan ... Vegan pie ..... Can you not bring your own dandelions!
Hilarious joke bro!
Old 03-02-2019, 05:18 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
why cant they just bung aload of standard Ginsters slices and pasties in a hot pie cabinet thingy and charge £2.50 each. Easy f*cking peasy.