Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: MOM?
Guaita 5 0.77%
Wan-Bissaka 113 17.30%
Tomkins 23 3.52%
Sakho 197 30.17%
van Aanholt 2 0.31%
McArthur 5 0.77%
Schlupp *** 53 8.12%
Milivojevic 6 0.92%
Townsend 22 3.37%
Ayew ** 152 23.28%
Benteke * 55 8.42%
Sako *** 5 0.77%
Batshuayi ** 11 1.68%
Meyer * 4 0.61%
Voters: 653. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2019, 06:14 PM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Generally the back four were pretty solid, but a few players were below par. Luka, McA & PvA didnít have their best games today.
A lacklustre first half from everyone really, but things picked up a bit in the second.

A soft penalty, but weíve had those given against us, so weíll take it.

Ayew worked tirelessly once again & Benteke put himself about. Andros just didnít manage to get on the ball enough particularly in the first half, but it was just one of those games.

Batshuayi has an eye for goal, thatís obvious, and his cameo produced the goal for Schlupp who (the goal apart) could have been better on the ball.

6ís all round, but Sakho & AWB stood out for me 7ís.
We missed the X factor that Wilf gives us.

For all the possession that Fulham had, we dominated the shots on target & corner count.
It makes a change to come away from Selhurst with a League win, and for that I am grateful
Old 02-02-2019, 06:16 PM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sakho and Ayew both excellent
Old 02-02-2019, 06:17 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Ayew for me, worked very hard
Old 02-02-2019, 06:23 PM
Returning to obscurity

Palestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
Weird, lotta people saying Schlupp was good today. I thought he looked off the pace for most of the match and the goal was the only time he got into a good position.

Taking Benteke off for Meyer was really odd. Macca was poor and should have gone off instead.
Iím with you on that - Schlupp and McArthur were poor in terms of giving possession away with mis-control or badly weighted passes, with PVA little better. Ayew looks much better as a second striker.

In the period between Benteke going off and Batshuayi we looked very vulnerable and only some excellent defending retained the lead.

Good three points though.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:36 PM

cantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thatís about as comfortable a second half as you can get in the Premier League
Old 02-02-2019, 06:38 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
Suddenly we have such a strong bench.
Thought that pre match
Old 02-02-2019, 06:41 PM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Ayew for me, worked very hard
RH full of praise for Ayew
Old 02-02-2019, 06:44 PM

thomasbroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomasbroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomasbroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomasbroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomasbroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomasbroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomasbroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomasbroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomasbroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomasbroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomasbroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What's so frustrating about Schlupp is that one minute he does something well but then the next second he just does something stupid - his lack of technical ability hinders him, as you can't fault his athletic ability.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:44 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Massive win - I'd have taken playing poorly and winning and that's what I thought happened. It was as if we were playing Man City given how much respect and space we gave them. Not sure why we sat back so much as they were awful. Classic Hodgson I guess but the win is the main thing.

The highlights for me were: Benteke, Ayew, Bissaka, Sakho and Batshuayi. If he doesn't start next game then we'll know Hodgson is nuts.

The downsides were: McArthur, Schlupp, PvA and the choice of subs. Can't understand why we went back to Ayew up front on his own when Benteke went off. We look so much better with an out and out striker.

Guiata - 7 - he's really sharp, always on his toes and played well. Really like him.
Bissaka - 8 - another sublime performance. His tackling is unreal.
PvA - 4 - absolutely dreadful. Gave the ball away regularly and can't defend to save his life. He's regressed considerably in recent months.
Tomkins - 7 - really good as per usual.
Sakho - 8 - his best performance for a while. Absolute beast. Missed another sitter though.

Luka - 7 - thought he played well. Some great setpieces.
McArthur - 5 - passing was off from the start. Struggles in central midfield.
Schlupp - 6 - many will mark him up a lot because of the goal but that would excuse a largely inept display throughout. Would have been a 5 but for the goal. Such a poor player who should have no place in our midfield. Consistently let the right back get crosses in.

Townsend - 6 - one of his quieter games but always puts in a great shift. Great cross from the Benteke acrobatic kick.
Benteke - 7 - actually looked really good and we benefited from his strength. We missed his presence when he was subbed. Fantastic effort that hit the bar. Encouraging return.
Ayew - 8 - surprise surprise he plays better when he isn't a lone striker. Seemed really up for it. He hasn't got any quality in front of goal but I was really impressed with his running and how much he closed them down. Good performance.

Subs
Meyer - 6 - apart from one misplaced pass, neat and tidy but he's being killed by Hodgson.
Batshuayi - 7 - wow, what an impact! Should have come on much earlier. Brilliant piece of skill that led to Schlupp's tap in. Looks class and must start from now on.
Sako - 6 - thought he looked decent and put in one fantastic cross. Good option from the bench.

Last edited by Mr Palace; 02-02-2019 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:46 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Schlupp had a couple of moments early on and then two blocked shots on target before he scored
He had 3 or 4 shots on target today, i would challenge anyone to find a better stat all season. People think Meyer should be starting instead of him, but i saw with my own eyes today who was more effective of the 2.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:47 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantspell View Post
Thatís about as comfortable a second half as you can get in the Premier League
I thought they were shit from start to finish
Old 02-02-2019, 06:49 PM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A few average PVA poor CB good Ayew motm AWB Sakho very good as well as MB who looked sharp Schlupp comes alive in the box gets his shots off quick he is good bad in the same game, Meyer class player,
Old 02-02-2019, 06:51 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
He had 3 or 4 shots on target today, i would challenge anyone to find a better stat all season. People think Meyer should be starting instead of him, but i saw with my own eyes today who was more effective of the 2.
Fair enough, opinions and all that, but I find that unbelievable. Schlupp is a very limited footballer. I'm amazed he plays in the midfield given his deficiencies. I'd play him at left back over PvA.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:51 PM

dmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Second half much better than first half.
Not convinced by 4-4-2 and looked much better when we went a bit wider.
Having Guaita in goal is so much better. Back four were pretty solid. Sakho and AWB were outstanding.
Luka played ok, thought Jimmy Mac had a stinker and would have replaced him with Meyer although I thought Meyer was awful when he came on. Schlupp played well and so often gets unnecessary stick. Andros was great as usual and good to see Benteke back and almost score a worldly.
Special mention to Ayew. Was very good today. Worked so hard and brought others in to the game. MOTM
Old 02-02-2019, 06:53 PM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Schlupp - 6 - many will mark him up a lot because of the goal but that would excuse a largely inept display throughout. Would have been a 5 but for the goal. Such a poor player who should have no place in our midfield. Consistently let the right back get crosses in.

Batshuayi - 7 - wow, what an impact! Should have come on much earlier. Brilliant piece of skill that led to Schlupp's tap in. Looks class and must start from now on.
You really don't like our Jeffrey, do you?

Worked his socks off, solid game and I've often seen those "tap ins" missed under pressure.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:54 PM

Hazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasbroad View Post
What's so frustrating about Schlupp is that one minute he does something well but then the next second he just does something stupid - his lack of technical ability hinders him, as you can't fault his athletic ability.
For me he seems to switch off then realise he has a defensive role as well then has to run hell for leather to catch the player, if he was just a bit more aware I think more attacks could be broken up in less dangerous areas without me having to watch from behind my hand

Should say I do really like him going forward though

Last edited by Hazbaz; 02-02-2019 at 06:54 PM. Reason: To add last sentence
Old 02-02-2019, 06:55 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Massive win - I'd have taken playing poorly and winning and that's what I thought happened. It was as if we were playing Man City given how much respect and space we gave them. Not sure why we sat back so much as they were awful. Classic Hodgson I guess but the win is the main thing.

The highlights for me were: Benteke, Ayew, Bissaka, Sakho and Batshuayi. If he doesn't start next game then we'll know Hodgson is nuts.

The downsides were: McArthur, Schlupp, PvA and the choice of subs. Can't understand why we went back to Ayew up front on his own when Benteke went off. We look so much better with an out and out striker.

Guiata - 7 - he's really sharp, always on his toes and played well. Really like him.
Bissaka - 8 - another sublime performance. His tackling is unreal.
PvA - 4 - absolutely dreadful. Gave the ball away regularly and can't defend to save his life. He's regressed considerably in recent months.
Tomkins - 7 - really good as per usual.
Sakho - 8 - his best performance for a while. Absolute beast. Missed another sitter though.

Luka - 7 - thought he played well. Some great setpieces.
McArthur - 5 - passing was off from the start. Struggles in central midfield.

Townsend - 6 - one of his quieter games but always puts in a great shift. Great cross from the Benteke acrobatic kick.
Benteke - 7 - actually looked really good and we benefited from his strength. We missed his presence when he was subbed. Fantastic effort that hit the bar. Encouraging return.
Ayew - 8 - surprise surprise he plays better when he isn't a lone striker. Seemed really up for it. He hasn't got any quality in front of goal but I was really impressed with his running and how much he closed them down. Good performance.

Subs
Meyer - 6 - apart from one misplaced pass, neat and tidy but he's being killed by Hodgson.
Re read your first paragraph and wonder why we won at HOME.
Good to see your dig at Roy
Old 02-02-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post
You really don't like our Jeffrey, do you?

Worked his socks off, solid game and I've often seen those "tap ins" missed under pressure.
I don't dislike him as he's not lazy or anything. I just think he's technically poor and it annoys me how he never closes down the full back. I find it baffling that he's considered a midfielder but he's a good squad player.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:57 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
I thought they were shit from start to finish
They looked neat and tidy on the ball at times, but no cutting edge. Helped that we had a lead to defend though.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Re read your first paragraph and wonder why we won at HOME.
Good to see your dig at Roy
I guess that's the only way we will win at home then? I don't think we need to give so much respect to shit teams like Fulham. They were awful.

Hopefully this will change now he has so many good forward options. It has to be Wilf and Townsend wide and Benteke and Batshuayi up front. Lovely.