Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 05-02-2019, 02:17 AM
red and blue army

PalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We have to play Batman, we only have him for 14 games. I'd start with him up top and bring Benteke on if we are chasing the game.

McArthur and Schlupp will probably play with Luca in Midfield.

Wilf will play if poss if not Ayew comes in on the wing.

Selection issues the likes of which we've never had before
Old 05-02-2019, 02:36 AM

Hudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As others have said, it's just nice to have so many options. The back four and keeper pick themselves but any combination of Townsend, Wilf, Luka, Schlupp, McArthur, Meyer, Ayew, Kouyate, Benteke, Batshuayi, Sako and Wickham could play and it'd be justified. I'd go:

Guaita

AWB
Tomkins
Sakho
PVA

Townsend
Luka
Kouyate
Wilf

Benteke
Batshuayi

Subs:
Hennessey
Dann
Schlupp
Meyer
McArthur
Wickham
Ayew
Old 05-02-2019, 07:30 AM
Associate member of AWM

Buglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet View Post
PVA wasn't that bad on Saturday. He was probably just cold. He made a mistake in the second half. The crowd groaned. He was alright afterwards.
He had a poor game throughout on Saturday and was also poor against Spurs. We're lucky he didn't cost us any goals in either game.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:39 AM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
I think it's a genuine selection headache for Roy on Saturday. The obvious inclination is to go with Batshuayi instead of Ayew and Wilf (if available) for Schlupp, but this would potentially leave us overrun in midfield. Especially if Kouyate is still out.

The work rate of both Ayew and Schlupp was important against Fulham. If Wilf's back, I think he has to play. That would potentially mean choosing between Benteke and Batshuayi to partner Ayew. Never thought I'd be say that a few weeks ago.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:59 AM
Bring Back Elgin

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
I know I’ll get pelters for this but even if Wilf is available I think he should be on the bench
Old 05-02-2019, 08:16 AM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
I know Ill get pelters for this but even if Wilf is available I think he should be on the bench
I agree with you, should have to work his way back into the side.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:19 AM

Zulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I know I’ll get pelters for this but even if Wilf is available I think he should be on the bench
I understand why you would say that. It's hard, he's obviously a game changing player that should start but maybe being on the bench for 70 minutes would help him focus a bit. But saying that, with the situation we are in can we afford to. Who would be a manager huh!?!
Old 05-02-2019, 08:43 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
You do not leave out your best player if he is available and fit to play.

Only an idiot would do that.

Remember that Wilf played well before his sending off and scored for the first time in ages.

If available Wilf has to be the first name on the team-sheet as just having him on the pitch means opponents have to think about how to stop him and having only one marker on him is simply asking for trouble.

His presence attracts opponents to him like a magnet and creates gaps for other players to exploit.

Palace now have a very dangerous attack as shown by our recent influx of goals 7 of which have been scored against top teams.

Wilf or not Palace are a decent side in good form.

COYP
Old 05-02-2019, 08:46 AM

Since 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I can’t see Roy starting with Benteke and Batshuayi, it’s just not his style. Maybe both on later in the game, if chasing a result.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:00 AM

FMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
You do not leave out your best player if he is available and fit to play.

Only an idiot would do that.

Plenty on here.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:52 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
I know Ill get pelters for this but even if Wilf is available I think he should be on the bench
Ridiculous. You are being blinded by the finish to the game against Fulham, where a demoralised and tired team were vulnerable to fresh confident players.

The first half we were so lacking a cutting edge, we were so missing Wilf.

He is our best player by a country mile and to not pick him would be as bad a tantrum as the one he threw to get sent off, but without provocation
Old 05-02-2019, 10:37 AM

Palacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Would love to see wilf, AT, Meyer & Batshuayi start against West Ham, really take it to them, with Luka Kouyate/Jimmy providing more defensive cover.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:42 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
West Ham at home

Whats the crack with WHs injuries? I thought I heard last night they were savaged with injuries but their team looked pretty strong to me. Also, has Pelligrini got the rats with Marko Arnautovic or is he genuinely injured?
Old 05-02-2019, 10:42 AM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Will be the same team if Wilf is still banned.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:00 AM

Norwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wilf is crying out to have someone else to carry the load of this side with him. If, he is fit and available he should play. Simple as.

A hungry for success Wilf knowing that Benteke, Andros, Bats and two central midfielders are there to pounce on any chance he creates is good enough for me.

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 05-02-2019, 11:04 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
All I know is I am quite excited, amazing what a signing and having people coming back from injuries can do to morale!

Andros Luka Kouyate Meyer
Wilf(Ayew if suspended) Benteke

Sako and Batshuayi off the bench at some point (nice and early hopefully)

If Roy really fancies taking it to them

Andros Luka Kouyate Wilf
Batshuayi Benteke
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 05-02-2019, 11:09 AM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
Thank goodness Roy has a football brain unlike pardew who thought that to be attacking you have to load up the forwards and reduce the midfield
Never forget how pardew threw away that home game against 10 man Liverpool by doing the same and allowing Liverpool to control the midfield
Old 05-02-2019, 11:11 AM

Norwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Whats the crack with WHs injuries? I thought I heard last night they were savaged with injuries but their team looked pretty strong to me. Also, has Pelligrini got the rats with Marko Arnautovic or is he genuinely injured?
According to Physio Room:

M. Arnautovic - expected to return on Sat. 9th Feb.
S. Nasri - expected to return on Sat. 9th Feb.

F. Balbuena - expected to return on Sat. 2nd March
J. Wilshere - no expected return date
A. Yarmolenko - expected to return on Sat. 27th Apr.
C. Sanchez - expected to return on Sat. 20th Apr.
W. Reid - no expected return date
M. Lanzini - expected to return on Sat. 2nd March

Old 05-02-2019, 11:13 AM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
Jack wilshere!
Old 05-02-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling View Post
Jack wilshere!
That's a good point, cannot argue with it at all.