Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 04-02-2019, 12:43 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
AWB
Old 04-02-2019, 06:52 AM

16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Trent is better all round footballer. I think he will be boxwbox centre mid 1 day, got the lot. This obviously good for Aron. But Walker and trippier will be around for few years yet.
Old 04-02-2019, 07:08 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Do you think the Scousers have a similar thread on their boards?
Old 04-02-2019, 07:09 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Do you think the Scousers have a similar thread on their boards?
No but there’s probably one on NSC.
Old 04-02-2019, 07:19 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Palace moved quickly to get Aaron to sign a long term contract which just like Zaha's the media choose to ignore treating them like free agents when at no time have Palace said that they are available for transfer or put a valuation on them as if they were.

Palace hold all of the aces when it comes to if, when and how much we would be prepared to sell our star players for, not the media or clubs craving them.

COYP
Old 04-02-2019, 07:38 AM

lucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Three at the back is history for southgate and england.
Old 04-02-2019, 07:46 AM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he gets a cap. The way some sections of the media talk about AWB there is an assumption he will be moving on soon which is depressing
Alan Shearer has been marketing him to the big clubs all season.
Old 04-02-2019, 07:47 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Money talks, and for a club like Palace that is especially true so if an acceptable offer comes in AWB will be off possibly as early as this summer, but if he is given sound advice then that should be him staying at Palace for another season as there is still fine tuning to be done.
As for how good he is, he is very good and improving but some need to accept they are going over the top with their comments, this lad has only been in league football for less than a year and Gareth is well aware of this and will nurture him with Under 23 games for the next year to help fine tune his game, as will Roy at Palace? i hope so.
Old 04-02-2019, 08:40 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Spuds fans weren't to happy with Trippier post our game..

I think it will be him left on the shelf and TAA and AWB in the squad, some achievement and rise in the last 12 months
Old 04-02-2019, 08:45 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Palace moved quickly to get Aaron to sign a long term contract which just like Zaha's the media choose to ignore treating them like free agents when at no time have Palace said that they are available for transfer or put a valuation on them as if they were.

Palace hold all of the aces when it comes to if, when and how much we would be prepared to sell our star players for, not the media or clubs craving them.

COYP
You must do it on purpose some times, i think you need that cold wet fish slapped on your mush called reality

We live in a harsh world, where everything is not near and tidy with hospital corners.

Someone will slap in a big bid for him in the summer, and we'd be hard pressed to resist
Old 04-02-2019, 09:19 AM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good thing is with parish being a fan and not just an owner, he will look at awb in a similar way to us, if not in a higher regard because he is closer to the club. Therefor even just being realistic and not going over the top in any way shape or form, we wouldn’t be accepting anything under 25mill currently, and rising every game.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:25 AM

PHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think AWB will end up at Centre, makes defending look like an art.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:29 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL BARBER View Post
I think AWB will end up at Centre, makes defending look like an art.
Don't think he has that grit for centre back and isn't the best in the air, can see him moving more forward up the pitch or possibly into a holding midfield role at some point
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 04-02-2019, 09:34 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
AWB is a class act without the ball, superb. He is extremely average with it. I think he'll improve in time in that area though.

TAA is better with the ball but liverpool will often leave him out in key games because of his defending choosing to play gomez at right back instead.

So it's a tight call.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:37 AM

Pete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Why would he change his position? He’s developing into a quality premier league right back, having previously played on the wing. Why would he move to centre back or midfield?

On a completely unrelated topic, Guaita is proving to be a good goalkeeper - lets see how he develops playing as a forward.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:41 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete79 View Post
Why would he change his position? He’s developing into a quality premier league right back, having previously played on the wing. Why would he move to centre back or midfield?

On a completely unrelated topic, Guaita is proving to be a good goalkeeper - lets see how he develops playing as a forward.
Yup. AWB doesn't look like a centre back at all. Not strong in the air. Positonally relies on his pace etc. Cannot see why anyone would suggest it!
Old 04-02-2019, 09:42 AM

karl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Without a doubt the best RB in the league.

If TAA came to Palace he wouldn't have the same effect as he does in the Liverpool squad. If AWB went to Liverpool he would improve them.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:18 AM

PalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's hard to compare them as we usually have less possession than the opposition and AWB has a lot of defending to do, where as TAA probably spends more time getting up the pitch in comparison. I think the summary earlier in the thread that AWB is a better defender and TAA is better going forward is probably accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
He is extremely average with it. I think he'll improve in time in that area though.
A bit harsh, To view the link you have to Register or Login, "he has successfully completed more dribbles (40) than any defender in the Premier League – or, indeed, anybody who is not a winger or a centre-forward."
Old 04-02-2019, 10:24 AM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl.eldridge View Post
Without a doubt the best RB in the league.

If TAA came to Palace he wouldn't have the same effect as he does in the Liverpool squad. If AWB went to Liverpool he would improve them.
I love AWB but I think you’ve not been fair to TAA here. The latter is also an extremely good player, with a slightly different skill set.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:20 AM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Man City want him and not surprisingly after he nullified Sane. Has AWB got the longest legs in the team and they seem to stretch out to win tackles like I have not seen before.