Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 26-05-2018, 11:33 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Had to pull out unfortunately, more pressing family commitments that evening now. Very sorry, Paul. Hope everyone has an awesome day.

Golf handicap - 11
Old 13-06-2018, 09:11 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Played Ganton today. Really cracking track. Tough but fair and would be a real test when the wind blows. Played nicely for 8 holes and thereafter like I’d had my arms tied together.

Moor Allerton (Leeds) tomorrow. 50mph winds forecast so possible we won’t be allowed on the course. Can’t see it being too pleasant if we are ...
Old 14-06-2018, 12:14 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Good start to the coverage. No sound. Just footage from the featured groups with the background noise. It's rather nice. This should definitely be a red button option.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 14-06-2018, 12:23 PM

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Oh. The American commentary is on now. Damn.

Old 14-06-2018, 12:29 PM

Spieth..

Old 14-06-2018, 05:30 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
Spieth..

8 over

Brutal course
Old 14-06-2018, 05:31 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Rory 10 over
Old 14-06-2018, 05:45 PM

Olympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE View Post
Rory 10 over
I'm no golf fan. I'll watch The Open when it's on the BBC and I went once, to Sandwich. I appreciate the US Open is a bastard tournament but as an observer from afar, it appears that McIlroy just isn't fully committed to golf any more. Was he too good too young? Is he easily distracted?

Or am I wrong?
Old 14-06-2018, 07:11 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I wouldn’t say commitment is his problem. I haven’t seen anything at all from today, but McIlroy’s putting is usually what costs him. In the tournaments where he does putt well, he usually ends up winning because the rest of his game is so good.
Old 14-06-2018, 07:35 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I wouldn’t say commitment is his problem. I haven’t seen anything at all from today, but McIlroy’s putting is usually what costs him. In the tournaments where he does putt well, he usually ends up winning because the rest of his game is so good.
Rory is fully committed. On world ranking points gained this year he is top, he’s just let some wins by slip by a few technical issues, initially with putting now with his swing, ironically mainly off the tee. This was his issue today. He did miss a couple of putts, no shame on this course where I just watched a great putter, Shane Lowrey, 4 putt from 5 feet, but mainly he was in the wrong place off the tee meaning he was having to manufacture shots from the wrong places or hack out of the fescue grass. All the observers say that Shinnecock is a second shot course.

He also seemed to start chasing improvement too hard too fast after a couple of early dropped shots. Tiger just started with a triple and a bogey but has played conservative golf for a few holes and just got one back.

Rory always plays flat out, aggressive golf and that cost him today. 10 over with some improvement may still make the cut as the course is getting tougher by the minute.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 14-06-2018, 07:48 PM

Olympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thanks for the responses, chaps. Good to have my ignorance addressed. I know this is a really simplistic question but - how comes he hasn't won a Major for 4 years now? I appreciate there are only four winners (max) per year but how has he gone from #1 to #6 in the world? Have others just got better? Is he not the player he was?

Genuine questions - thanks in advance.
Old 14-06-2018, 08:01 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Thanks for the responses, chaps. Good to have my ignorance addressed. I know this is a really simplistic question but - how comes he hasn't won a Major for 4 years now? I appreciate there are only four winners (max) per year but how has he gone from #1 to #6 in the world? Have others just got better? Is he not the player he was?

Genuine questions - thanks in advance.
2015 he injured his ankle just before The Open with screwed up the rest of that season and 2017 he carried a rib injury all year which effectively prevented him practising. 2016 he did win the Fedex Tour Championships which is financially bigger than a major.

The other factor is that there is a whole new generation of high quality golfers now rather than Tiger - and who else? DJ, Speith, Thomas are superb players, Reid may become one as may Fleetwood and Rahm. I also think that while he would never admit it, he is feeling pressured to win the Masters and get the Slam, which mentally distracts him at times.

Old 14-06-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE View Post
8 over

Brutal course
Bogey, triple, in his first two holes. Watching that group (with Mickelson and Rory) was quite staggering over the first few holes.

Old 14-06-2018, 08:40 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Rory has a tendancy to not be committed. The reason for his slump a few years back when he was swanning around with Wozniaki was a lack of practice, relying on his talent. He pulled himself together and started winning again. Rumour has it the commitment has strayed since getting married. If he could putt like Speith, it wouldn’t matter. But he can’t. No onehas more long game talent out there.
Old 14-06-2018, 08:57 PM
Watching from Warmington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Rory has a tendancy to not be committed. The reason for his slump a few years back when he was swanning around with Wozniaki was a lack of practice, relying on his talent. He pulled himself together and started winning again. Rumour has it the commitment has strayed since getting married. If he could putt like Speith, it wouldn’t matter. But he can’t. No onehas more long game talent out there.
He two of his majors while dating Wozniaki, some slump

Old 14-06-2018, 09:18 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
He two of his majors while dating Wozniaki, some slump
I may have got the timing wrong. He has had slumps and the word has been he hasn’t worked hard enough. One thing is for sure. He is not a good putter.
Old 14-06-2018, 09:41 PM
Watching from Warmington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
I may have got the timing wrong. He has had slumps and the word has been he hasn’t worked hard enough. One thing is for sure. He is not a good putter.
I’d agree on the putting to a degree, I would say he is a confidence putter, when it flows, it goes so to speak. I think that is why he has gone to Brad Faxon now rather than Kenyon, more feel less mechanics. Generally his putting stroke has looked much better most of this season.

As for the work ethic, I have not heard that questioned by people around the game who know him although there was clearly an issue about how much practice he could do last season due to the rib injury.

Old 14-06-2018, 09:48 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
‘When if flows, it goes’ - couldn’t that be said about everyone though, even amateurs? There are days when you just putt everything in sight, but for a pro, Rory very rarely has those days.

Completely agree with you on The Masters. Every single year Sky have that as their lead in story to the competition, and Butch Harmon, Paul McGinley, etc all say something like ‘it’s only a matter of time before he wins it...’ Personally, I’m not so sure.
Old 14-06-2018, 09:53 PM
Watching from Warmington

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
‘When if flows, it goes’ - couldn’t that be said about everyone though, even amateurs? There are days when you just putt everything in sight, but for a pro, Rory very rarely has those days.

Completely agree with you on The Masters. Every single year Sky have that as their lead in story to the competition, and Butch Harmon, Paul McGinley, etc all say something like ‘it’s only a matter of time before he wins it...’ Personally, I’m not so sure.
To a degree, yes, we all have days when we can’t miss but I was meaning more from a technical view - when Rory is “on” there is a fluidity about his stroke whereas when he goes off the boil it gets stiff and abrupt, more of a pop stroke like Snedecker has. For much of this year, it’s been there, but maybe not at the crucial times other than at a Bay Hill.

Old 14-06-2018, 09:56 PM
Watching from Warmington

Just to back up the fact that he is actually playing well, if golf had rankings over a calendar year like tennis rather than over two years, he would currently be leading the “Race to London” equivalent as he has gained more points this year than everyone else.