Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 21-06-2018, 08:33 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
Makes it ironic that when the EU does take action - Apple in Ireland - everyone bemoans them overreaching their remit and/or that they are robber barons.

What do we want exactly?
What do we want? Bezos, Zukerberg and the rest in orange jump suits.
Old 21-06-2018, 09:19 PM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is here
"I don't own powers given to me by my electorate, I borrow them and I hand them back at the end. And if, when I go back to the electorate, I say 'I'm sorry, the country is now going to be governed by Commissioners in Brussels', they'll say, 'What have you done?'"

Tony Benn in TV interview

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane
Old 21-06-2018, 10:01 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Dalton View Post
"I don't own powers given to me by my electorate, I borrow them and I hand them back at the end. And if, when I go back to the electorate, I say 'I'm sorry, the country is now going to be governed by Commissioners in Brussels', they'll say, 'What have you done?'"

Tony Benn in TV interview
Well luckily for Benn's legacy the UK isn't governed by EU commissioners, as to imply we were would make you a lying little shitrag.
Old 22-06-2018, 06:22 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Another day another worrying story, yes, yes I know the dumb and blind will be on here with their 'project fear, it's the BBC so can't be true etc'

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 22-06-2018, 06:31 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
...and I see that the American ambassador to the UK has said we should be more confident about Brexit. Well we might be but for two main reasons. Firstly, we have a self interested split and incompetent government struggling with the negotiations, and secondly, we no longer believe our special relationship with your country is sound any more with the narcissist Trump in charge who wants to put America first every time. In other words, no special trade deal with the US after Brexit to alleviate EU losses.
Old 22-06-2018, 06:53 AM

swissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
Another day another worrying story, yes, yes I know the dumb and blind will be on here with their 'project fear, it's the BBC so can't be true etc'

Just over 120,000 jobs hanging on this. The Range Rover announcement opened the door for other companies who are putting in place their exit strategies to go public - watch this gather pace - I hear something may be happening in Sunderland soon.
Old 22-06-2018, 07:04 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissroll View Post
Just over 120,000 jobs hanging on this. The Range Rover announcement opened the door for other companies who are putting in place their exit strategies to go public - watch this gather pace - I hear something may be happening in Sunderland soon.
I don’t think politicians realise how long decisions over supply chain need to be made. ps. More than 120k I think.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 22-06-2018, 07:26 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post

I know a number of people in Sevilla that work for airbus. Whilst they didn't know anything officially they have all been saying pretty much what the article says for over a year. Most of the people I know are Spanish and have no direct involvement in Brexit and therefore no bias.

Last edited by chelmsfordeagle; 22-06-2018 at 07:29 AM.
Old 22-06-2018, 07:41 AM
Nuclear Member

Selhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissroll View Post
Another relegation?
Old 22-06-2018, 07:59 AM
Banned by Moderators

aplace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaplace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaplace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaplace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaplace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaplace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaplace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaplace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaplace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaplace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaplace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
Well luckily for Benn's legacy the UK isn't governed by EU commissioners, as to imply we were would make you a lying little shitrag.
How dare you say that St. Tony Benn was a 'lying little shitrag' - all 'progressives' know that he was infallible.
Old 22-06-2018, 08:14 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
I don’t think politicians realise how long decisions over supply chain need to be made. ps. More than 120k I think.
The whole integration of the European economy that has come into being in the last 40 years has passed them by. It is hard to get the point through to those trapped in a sixties view of the world.
Old 22-06-2018, 08:18 AM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplace View Post
How dare you say that St. Tony Benn was a 'lying little shitrag' - all 'progressives' know that he was infallible.
Your comprehension skills are severely lacking.
Old 22-06-2018, 08:19 AM
Sing now, godess.

Before the head in the sand brigade arrive it is necessary to point out that these job losses are just companies making rational business decisions in their own interests.
Old 22-06-2018, 08:21 AM

Cambridge Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayCambridge Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayCambridge Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayCambridge Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayCambridge Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayCambridge Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayCambridge Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayCambridge Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayCambridge Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayCambridge Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayCambridge Eagle is like ice, their footing does betray
Interesting news today that there is a CO2 shortage, which has a major impact on the brewing industry. Interestingly we import around a third of the CO2 used in the UK (which is a lot), and this is mainly due to seasonal factors to do with weather and the agri industry (i.e. you can't change it very easily). This means that, without a customs deal, expect further future shortages and disruption and expect the price of your pint to go up (or for pubs to run out) post Brexit unless we have a customs deal.

Airbus is a French company so having ops outside the customs union in a country with unstable govt and lack of direction makes little business sense. They would do much better to relocate to China which has well established trading procedures with the EU and is investing a lot in its tech and infrastructure, in stark contrast to the UK.
Old 22-06-2018, 08:22 AM
Grand Wizard of Orpington

RCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is here
If i were companies id move to europe too - means i can trade freely wit the majority, and just incur loss of sales from the minority.

Pretty sure Airbus sells more planes to the EU than to the UK, so tariffs etc hitting its products in the UK would make a big difference, so better of speaking to an EU nation, getting a subsidy from the government and moving all the jobs over there.

Funny how its those areas who voted for Brexit are now the once who are worried about job losses etc.

www.silverbirchhealthcare.co.uk
Providing elderly care in Orpington and the surrounding areas.
Old 22-06-2018, 08:45 AM
O'Skinty to you

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambridge Eagle View Post
……………….
Airbus is a French company so having ops outside the customs union in a country with unstable govt and lack of direction makes little business sense. They would do much better to relocate to China which has well established trading procedures with the EU and is investing a lot in its tech and infrastructure, in stark contrast to the UK.
For what reason would we have a lesser deal than China?

Brexit countdown.
Old 22-06-2018, 08:58 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Having spent the last few years working for a Chinese tech group, I would be exceptionally nervous about Airbus working with a Chinese tech geoup
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 22-06-2018, 08:58 AM
Sing now, godess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
For what reason would we have a lesser deal than China?
Because the mainstream brexit position is rabidly anti EU on ideological grounds.
Old 22-06-2018, 09:03 AM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Wow:

When the negotiations are complete, to what extent would you support or oppose holding a referendum asking the public if they will accept or reject the deal?

Support: 48%
Oppose: 25%

via @Survation, 19 - 21 Jun
Old 22-06-2018, 09:07 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambridge Eagle View Post
Interesting news today that there is a CO2 shortage, which has a major impact on the brewing industry. Interestingly we import around a third of the CO2 used in the UK (which is a lot), and this is mainly due to seasonal factors to do with weather and the agri industry (i.e. you can't change it very easily). This means that, without a customs deal, expect further future shortages and disruption and expect the price of your pint to go up (or for pubs to run out) post Brexit unless we have a customs deal.
If this country runs out of beer, or the price goes up too high, then surely everybody (bar the muzzies, teetotallers & other assorted weirdos) will be out on the streets demanding their God given right to get blotto on a weekend.