Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 05-09-2017, 03:26 PM

BB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Oh dear. I love the early stuff - Countdown to Ecstasy/Pretzel Logic - and hae bheen listening to them for soooo long. They have recently released a whole load of 70s live recordings which I have been working my way through. Such a shame.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:49 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
Top muso....I grew up with Steely Dan......(named after a metal dildo from a william Burroughs novel)...a consumate musician and perfectionist...
Old 07-09-2017, 08:07 PM
Out but not down

Duffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Liked Steely Dan. Peg is a super track. Hey 19. So easy on the ear. I'm sure there were stories,messages, references that I missed, Dr Wu springs to mind but I couldn't care less.It's the sound, the laid back everything. Guilty pleasure? Maybe, but it defined part of my exposure to another world and I will always think of Steely Dan so.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:37 PM
9dw

Roadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm a big fan, and I wasn't even born in they're 70s heyday. The album's got smoother and jazzier as they went on as they employed more session musicians ("Skunk" Baxter's guitar playing gave them a rock edge on those early albums) but the cutting lyrics made up for a lack of edge in the music.

Donald Fagen's debut solo album The Nightfly is worth a listen, especially for fans of Aja onwards.

Last edited by Roadblock; 07-09-2017 at 08:48 PM.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:39 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
I personally think that Steely Dan are one of the best bands in the world in terms of the boundaries they cross(ed). The fantastic level of musicianship. And the sheer fun they obviously had.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:42 PM
Glad....All Over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
I'm a big fan, and I wasn't even born in they're 70s heyday. The album's got smoother and jazzier as they went on as they employed more session musicians ("Skunk" Baxter's guitar playing gave them a rock edge on those early albums) but the cutting lyrics made up for a lack of edge in the music.

Donald Fagen's debut solo album The Nightly is worth a listen, especially for fans of Aja onwards.
The Nightfly is a work of genius. Up there with all the classic albums. Top 10 material. To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 07-09-2017, 08:53 PM
9dw

Roadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crofty View Post
The Nightfly is a work of genius. Up there with all the classic albums. Top 10 material. To view the link you have to Register or Login
Indeed. The title track is sublime.