Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 11-02-2019, 08:57 PM
Bring Back Elgin

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
Vaughan wants Bell for Ashes on the condition, if he starts the season well......WTF....

How about getting Gooch back, if he starts sunday league well...
Vaughan can be such a cock at times
Old 11-02-2019, 08:57 PM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
It is taking a step backwards for me. Bell is 36. By choosing Bell we are denying someone who could be the future of top order.

I have nothing against Bell, but I just disagree....
I see your point, but we do need a top three that can build a foundation. Too often we find ourselves three down for next to nothing. The Aussies have a decent bowling attack and could potentially have a field day against our inexperience (or lack of ability) at the top of the order. Root doesn't fancy it, so our options are limited. I think we should select the best we have for the Ashes, and for me, Bell is still one of the best if he can find his form. It might only be for one series so nothing to lose in my opinion.
Old 11-02-2019, 08:58 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Vaughan is a massive cock all the time.

Batted Joe.
Old 11-02-2019, 08:59 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Great knock from Rooooooot. Under a bit of pressure too
Old 11-02-2019, 09:54 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
Been a good day and it's nice to see us in a good position.

Great to see Root score a century particularly as he hasn't scored runs in the last few innings.

I think we will bat for one more session and then declare. I hope we don't bat for too long tomorrow as we need time to get them out again.
Old 11-02-2019, 09:57 PM

Jonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quick slog in the morning and then 5 and a bit sessions to bowl them out. Not a position England are accustomed to.
Old 11-02-2019, 10:01 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCPFC View Post
Been a good day and it's nice to see us in a good position.

Great to see Root score a century particularly as he hasn't scored runs in the last few innings.

I think we will bat for one more session and then declare. I hope we don't bat for too long tomorrow as we need time to get them out again.
I was thinking similar. Quick 60+ runs to tip the target over the psychological 500 and get them in half an hour or so before lunch.
Old 11-02-2019, 10:36 PM
Old and jaded

Somewhere up in heaven, David Shepherd is standing on one leg....
Old 11-02-2019, 10:48 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Vaughan can be such a cock at times
Probably being paid by Bell to place his ‘product’. Fvcking whore.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:02 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Root’s cheeky grin getting right on Gabriel’s tits by the look of it
Sounds like Gabriel called him gay, and Root said ‘there’s nothing wrong with being gay’. It’s illegal in St Lucia apparently.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:21 AM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Sounds like Gabriel called him gay, and Root said ‘there’s nothing wrong with being gay’. It’s illegal in St Lucia apparently.
Yep, the microphones picked up Root, very calmly, saying "Don't use it as an insult. There's nothing wrong with being gay".

I give Root a lot of stick, but that was excellent from him.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:45 AM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
Yep, the microphones picked up Root, very calmly, saying "Don't use it as an insult. There's nothing wrong with being gay".

I give Root a lot of stick, but that was excellent from him.
Absolutely, nice one Joe . Shame really as the series has been excellent and played in great spirit.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:01 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki View Post
I see your point, but we do need a top three that can build a foundation. Too often we find ourselves three down for next to nothing. The Aussies have a decent bowling attack and could potentially have a field day against our inexperience (or lack of ability) at the top of the order. Root doesn't fancy it, so our options are limited. I think we should select the best we have for the Ashes, and for me, Bell is still one of the best if he can find his form. It might only be for one series so nothing to lose in my opinion.
While I agree that Root has a say in where he bats, he also needs to get real for the "balance" of the side.

Personally, I would aim to go for:

Burns
Roy
Root
Bairstow (told firmly he is a batter not the keeper)
Buttler
Stokes
Foakes

After that - pick the right attack from the pool we have available and dependant on what the conditions favour - we actually have a good set of options now, but personally, I don't think Moeen should be a shoe in. We should pick from -

Moeen, Sam Curran, Wood, Broad, Anderson, Woakes, Stone, Leach, Rashid, Bess, Crane.

With Broad & Anderson coming to the end of their careers (but with huge amounts to offer still) their workload needs managing, as does Wood's.

The other name to throw into the pot is Pope if he scores big runs at the start ion the season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 12-02-2019, 01:49 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
The longer Roy doesn’t play test cricket the better he gets.

He doesn’t even open for Surrey in four day cricket. I’m not actually averse to the idea.... I’d tell him to go in and whack it a bit like a Sehwag or Warner. I don’t think he has the game to defend in test match cricket, he’s always getting out lbw.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:16 PM
moving forward

Jennings lighting up the dressing room there
Old 12-02-2019, 02:19 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Root tried to scoop Gabriel hahahahahahaha

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:31 PM
Palace 'til i die

Why declare before Stokes could score his fifty ? There's the best part of two days to play, Stokes would probably hit a boundary next ball he faced. I think Root wanted 135 n.o. to ensure his career Test average was 50, so declared when he didn't get there.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:33 PM
moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki View Post
Why declare before Stokes could score his fifty ? There's the best part of two days to play, Stokes would probably hit a boundary next ball he faced. I think Root wanted 135 n.o. to ensure his career Test average was 50, so declared when he didn't get there.
He looked well fvcked off at getting out. Mind you, those ramps weren’t exactly ‘looking out for my average’ shots
Old 12-02-2019, 02:34 PM
Got any nuts?

Butcher & Key are excellent on Sky.....but Knight is a wally.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:38 PM
Got any nuts?

What a grab by Moeen!