Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 08-02-2019, 07:03 AM

Lingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Funny, I was thinking exactly the same thing last night. I was at the Leeds v Wimbledon game and the Croydon v Millwall game. I also remember going to Highbury to watch Arsenal v Juventus in the Fairs Cup and Chelsea v Liverpool in the FAcup. In those days you could simply turn up and pay at the turnstiles. Wouldn't have any interest in doing that now though.
Old 08-02-2019, 05:42 PM

Lindfield Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldLindfield Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldLindfield Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldLindfield Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldLindfield Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldLindfield Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldLindfield Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldLindfield Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldLindfield Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldLindfield Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldLindfield Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
I must get a more unique user name! I can only echo your thoughts as I would often just go straight from work to a game on a whim. I was also at the Arsenal v Juventus game and remember the swaying Clock End crowd and the pissing in bottles! Also, League Cup Semi final Tottenham v Chelsea 1972, plenty of aggro there. We were all neutral fans then except when your own team were playing. Did though watch cricket at SP. Graham Pollock etc
Old 10-02-2019, 02:45 PM
Probationary User

mackem_stu1964 is playing for a contract
back in the 1980's Sainsburys supermarkets used to have their inter store cup finals there, have some pictures somewhere from one of them when Locksbottom shop reached and lost in the final, remember the pitch wasn't much better than the ones in the park
Old 11-02-2019, 11:06 AM

Paxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
An addition: there was a Oxford v Cambridge Varsity Match played at Selhurst at some point in the Simon Jordan era. I'd put this into the "major" rather than the "schools match" category; it used to be played at the old Wembley but in recent decades has moved around - for a while it was played at Craven Cottage on the morning of the boat race.
Old 11-02-2019, 01:24 PM

ian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
There used to be an annual British Army v French or Belgian Army in the 1930s.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:12 PM

Gazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
Saw It's a Knockout at Selhurst once. Anita Harris played a belter, banged one in off her wart.
Me too. That was in late 70s as later same day, England won an away world cup qualifier 4-1 in Finland.

I was there for the Wimbledon Leeds game. And the England U23s games that Peter Taylor played in.