Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 16-08-2013, 10:50 AM

FF Enquiry has seen your smile in a thousand dreamsFF Enquiry has seen your smile in a thousand dreamsFF Enquiry has seen your smile in a thousand dreamsFF Enquiry has seen your smile in a thousand dreamsFF Enquiry has seen your smile in a thousand dreamsFF Enquiry has seen your smile in a thousand dreamsFF Enquiry has seen your smile in a thousand dreamsFF Enquiry has seen your smile in a thousand dreamsFF Enquiry has seen your smile in a thousand dreamsFF Enquiry has seen your smile in a thousand dreamsFF Enquiry has seen your smile in a thousand dreams
Stephen Dobbie

Is he likely to play much this year?

I need a cheap midfielder for my Dream Team and it's out of him and Ravel Morrison from West Ham.

What you lads reckon?

Good luck in the Prem this year.
Old 16-08-2013, 10:52 AM
Yehmon, oo...

joe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
West Ham have been singing Morrison's praises pre-season, saying he finally looks the player that Man Utd thought he could be.

Dobbie will play fiarly often but I think Morrison might be a shoe-in for them this year.
Old 16-08-2013, 11:02 AM

SamTheOldGoat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamTheOldGoat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamTheOldGoat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamTheOldGoat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamTheOldGoat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamTheOldGoat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamTheOldGoat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamTheOldGoat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamTheOldGoat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamTheOldGoat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamTheOldGoat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Dobbie is rated as a striker in the official FF.
Old 16-08-2013, 11:15 AM

FF Enquiry has seen your smile in a thousand dreamsFF Enquiry has seen your smile in a thousand dreamsFF Enquiry has seen your smile in a thousand dreamsFF Enquiry has seen your smile in a thousand dreamsFF Enquiry has seen your smile in a thousand dreamsFF Enquiry has seen your smile in a thousand dreamsFF Enquiry has seen your smile in a thousand dreamsFF Enquiry has seen your smile in a thousand dreamsFF Enquiry has seen your smile in a thousand dreamsFF Enquiry has seen your smile in a thousand dreamsFF Enquiry has seen your smile in a thousand dreams
Cheers lads,

I play Telegraph and Dobbie's down as a midfielder.

I think Morrison will probably get more points over the season but I'm not convinced he'll be in their starting XI for the start of the season.

As long as Dobbie gets me a couple of points a week for starting he'll do till I can see what's happening then I'll transfer him out.
Old 16-08-2013, 11:19 AM
Slip it!

Abjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Has looked our best player in pre-season.
Old 16-08-2013, 11:29 AM

Sceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is here
He's a holloway favourite so likely to play. Has been our stand out player pre season too.
Old 16-08-2013, 11:35 AM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Didnt complete 90s mins last season. Hardly won a game with him in the side.The best football we played as a team since he joined and he played no part (pboro & play offs).

He looks fitter this pre season which is great, but playing well vs the likes of Gillingham means nothing on how he will do in the Prem. I imagine this time next season he will be playing for another club like he does pretty much every season.

With all that said if he does improve his work rate and fitness, get himself in the team he is most definitely a goal threat.

W Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abjekt View Post
Has looked our best player in pre-season.
This seems to be the consensus. In the game I saw (at Gills) I would have said he was our thrid best, after Campana and Owuw-Abeyie. He did play well. Looking at our squad, he is bound to get plenty of game time. My reservation would be that I'm not sure he scored many FF points in his previous seasons in the Prem...

robcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrobcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrobcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrobcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrobcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrobcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrobcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrobcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrobcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrobcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrobcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF Enquiry View Post
Cheers lads,

I play Telegraph and Dobbie's down as a midfielder.

I think Morrison will probably get more points over the season but I'm not convinced he'll be in their starting XI for the start of the season.

As long as Dobbie gets me a couple of points a week for starting he'll do till I can see what's happening then I'll transfer him out.
You can't transfer him out, don't you know anything. Coming on our boards and pretending to know how these things work!
Once he's in he's in, unless of course you give him a sock, that'll work.

Good luck.
Old 16-08-2013, 11:40 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
As a goal threat who hasn't completed 90 minutes for us i see him as an impact sub, has looked good in the pedestrian pre season friendlies against low league opposition though.

Are those really your only 2 options?
Old 16-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Morrison is very good but will he manage a whole season with causing trouble?
Old 16-08-2013, 11:42 AM
Cinnamon Stick

Chris Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
As a goal threat who hasn't completed 90 minutes for us i see him as an impact sub, has looked good in the pedestrian pre season friendlies against low league opposition though.

Are those really your only 2 options?
I thought he looked excellent at Lazio as well.
Old 16-08-2013, 11:51 AM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
I think it is lazy to look at Dobbie's past and extrapolate that across as him being no good.

When he arrived he came in on the back of a torrid time at Brighton (where I think Billy D derives much of his criticism from perhaps) but he seems to click with Holloway. Looking at stats regarding points won with him in the team last term are a little misleading as that period saw the whole team not play as well as they could and should have for one reason or another and so to imply that Dobbie was the difference is a little harsh.

For me the biggest change was the return of Garvan into the Midfield and Ward returning to RB that really helped us to kick on again. As an aside, I thought we looked a better all-round team when Wilbs came in for Murray in the Play-offs for example, that doesn't mean that Glenn should be overlooked as a result. Sometimes certain combinations of players work better than others. In truth, in an attacking sense I thought that Dobbie certainly played his part last season for us chipping in with some vital goals when the rest of the team looked bereft of confidence and he has excelled against good and poor opposition this pre-season. It seems odd that people undermine our opposition when suggesting Dobbie looked good pre-season yet even if other players in our squad looked mediocre at times - nothing will be mentioned of them. Typical idiosyncracy of the football fan I suppose once they have favourites / villains.

Overall I don't expect him to light up the Prem, but I think he'll play his fair share and then some for us this season as we look to do whatever we can to avoid the drop.

Last edited by Windsor_Eagle; 16-08-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 16-08-2013, 11:57 AM

Haha. I can transfer him out. I'm a 3 time Telegraph Fantasy Football Super League Winner. I know my stuff. Side full of guaranteed point scorers with a couple of cheap fillers is the way to go.

So I can expect him to at least feature in most games? Like I say, if he starts your first 5 games he'll have contributed to my continued success.
Old 16-08-2013, 12:00 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Haha. I can transfer him out. I'm a 3 time Telegraph Fantasy Football Super League Winner. I know my stuff. Side full of guaranteed point scorers with a couple of cheap fillers is the way to go.

So I can expect him to at least feature in most games? Like I say, if he starts your first 5 games he'll have contributed to my continued success.
good luck! But yes he will definitely start.
Old 16-08-2013, 12:03 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
I have a feeling that Dobbie will play a big part in our bid to stay up.
Old 16-08-2013, 12:03 PM

Another option is Antonio Luna, Villa's new left-back but they start at Arsenal so I don't really want to stick him in.

Dobbie allows me to have:

Walcott Hazard Coutinho

Van Persie Sturridge Soldado

I'm too embarrassed to name my defence.

Goals win games. (And Fantasy Football Super Leagues).
Old 16-08-2013, 12:38 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Another option is Antonio Luna, Villa's new left-back but they start at Arsenal so I don't really want to stick him in.

Dobbie allows me to have:

Walcott Hazard Coutinho

Van Persie Sturridge Soldado

I'm too embarrassed to name my defence.

Goals win games. (And Fantasy Football Super Leagues).
Is it our defence
Only joking good luck, who's your real life team?.
Old 16-08-2013, 12:49 PM

Nah, even shopping in the bargain bin I've still managed to avoid your defenders!

Boro supporter. Been tough going up here last few years. Strachan absolutely destroyed any chance we had of getting back up.

To be honest I haven't really minded being in the Championship. Been away games only for a few years and there's some cracking away days in the division.

Hopefully Mowbray can get us going this year.

Like I said, good luck this year. Have had a couple of good days out down at your place including one game where I was so pissed I thought it was full-time at half-time and went to get the train home.

Luckily a turn-stile operator in your end took pity on me and let me back in. Managed to make it back to the away end!
Old 16-08-2013, 02:27 PM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle View Post
It seems odd that people undermine our opposition when suggesting Dobbie looked good pre-season yet even if other players in our squad looked mediocre at times - nothing will be mentioned of them. Typical idiosyncracy of the football fan I suppose once they have favourites / villains.
Not the case at all. Just more proof friedlies shouldnt be treated as anything more than a fitness exercsie. For instance he likes of Delaney and Jedi id admit havent looked any better than the opposition vs Crawley, Dagenham etc yet put them in a full house vs Tottenham on Sunday and you know they will be putting their necks in the line and dieing for the cause. Will look like different players to those in the friendlies.

I actually agree about Dobbie last season. He joined at a good time, wilf and glenn were struggling and he gave us another attacking option when we needed it most.

But a premier league player up for a relegation scrap? Not for me.