Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 18-05-2018, 11:16 AM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
OK - cheers. The 23,000 is perhaps misleading because it would have been 21,000 or 22,000 without the exceptional 51,000 statistical outrider for our final game. I remember being constantly surprised throughout the season that our home attendances weren't bigger. Around 1975/1976 we were averaging more in the old 3rd division, now in 1978/1979 we were getting lower crowds at the top of the 2nd.
yes, same here. Remember the top of the table clash v Stoke at home only getting 23,000 when I was used to big games breaking the 30,000 mark and sometimes even 40,000. Probably to do with big away support being allowed to be two or three times the 2,800 of today also.

A few years earlier v Chesterfield in the third div we got 25,000!

The unpredictability of the crowd size was a great part of the excitement leading up to plenty of games back then. All very samey now of course.
Old 18-05-2018, 11:40 AM
Unoffical Palace Druid

Andy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Myself and my now passed dad were there that 51,801 day
Old 22-05-2018, 04:24 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Mitch and I in the Arthur, halfway line.

Just how many gobs, clambering for his knob? Must be the old chum brigade.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.
Old 22-05-2018, 05:46 AM
Since '67

ozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Last game I saw in the UK before Migrating to Aus.... Was on the Holmesdale with my soon to be Aussie Wife.
Old 22-05-2018, 12:32 PM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Yep. Arthur for me with my old man. Brother in the Holmesdale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 22-05-2018, 05:19 PM
Probationary User

Sedlescombe is playing for a contract
I can lay claim to be one of the last in the ground (or the last 801 anyway). I always went into the enclosure in front of the old stand as it was then. They closed the entrances about three people ahead of me so had to dash around to the Holmesdale where they were still letting people in.
Old 22-05-2018, 06:55 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
I remember seeing some lads watching from the roof of the AW. That took some balls/stupidity.
Old 23-05-2018, 12:52 AM

Del Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againDel Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againDel Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againDel Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againDel Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againDel Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againDel Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againDel Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againDel Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againDel Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againDel Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love again
I was there too - middle of the Holmesdale -got there about 5:30. Remember snacking on a pack of Mr. Kipling's Almond Slices - just as well I brought something because we could not move by 6:30 or so...
Old 23-05-2018, 05:03 PM

DavidB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesDavidB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesDavidB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesDavidB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesDavidB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesDavidB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesDavidB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesDavidB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesDavidB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesDavidB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesDavidB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Newton View Post
Myself and my now passed dad were there that 51,801 day
Same for me. Quite poignant that it was the last Palace game my Dad ever attended.
Old 23-05-2018, 05:09 PM

old geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Me and my brother were there on the holmesdale towards the main stand about a third of the way up.
Started and finished in the Two Brewers that night and still using that wonderful pub
Old 23-05-2018, 05:56 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Anyone go to the Wimbledon/Leeds replay?
I'm sure there was about 45,000 there with 40,000 odd of us cheering on Wimbledon.
Old 23-05-2018, 07:57 PM

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
I'm sure there was about 45,000 there with 40,000 odd of us cheering on Wimbledon.
A group of us from school went. Fires on the Whitehorse terrace that night.

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 23-05-2018, 08:00 PM

Garfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
From memory was bitterly cold and may even have snowed.
Old 23-05-2018, 08:14 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfy View Post
From memory was bitterly cold and may even have snowed.
I can't recall snow. I thought it rained really hard that night.

But my memory is so crap that you're probably right.
Old 23-05-2018, 08:21 PM

western eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Count me in. Went with my brother and sister, driving from Southampton. Couldn't believe the amount of traffic getting to the ground and size of the crowd.

Tremendous end to a tremendous season.
Old 23-05-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old git View Post
A group of us from school went. Fires on the Whitehorse terrace that night.
I was gonna mention that.
Metal boxes all around The Whitehorse which is where I think I was.
Old 24-05-2018, 07:01 PM

Bobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I was in the Holmesdale at 6.30 and it was packed by then the guy on the tannoy was asking fans to move forward I knew that night that this was going to be a record crowd.
Old 24-05-2018, 07:10 PM

wyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Was there with my mates from school, (Thomas More) think this was my third match and this got me completely hooked. amazing night
Old 24-05-2018, 07:13 PM

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldeagle View Post
Was there with my mates from school, (Thomas More) think this was my third match and this got me completely hooked. amazing night
I went to John Fisher and our group consisted of a mix from both schools. Roughly the same age so maybe we have mutual friends.

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 29-05-2018, 07:58 PM
I love Banging

Banger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
In the disabled car section - top right of the Whitehorse Lane end. Can't remember the game but remember my brothers mate bringing back home part of the turf. I was only 7