Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 11-06-2016, 11:47 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSavage View Post
is this really a "rivalry"?

rivalry = competition for the same objective or for superiority in the same field
It's a very one sided rivalry.
Old 11-06-2016, 04:21 PM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
Full members cup, South round 3.
18 February 1991.
2-0 to us AET.
A freezing night and when we scored at our end (first time I had ever been in that South Stand) Palace piled on to the pitch. It was hilarious the joy of scoring against them and watching Palace fans going arse over tit on an icy pitch. Then it happened again.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 30-06-2016, 08:52 PM
SHUT IT SLAG

Location: We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner
Jack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
A freezing night and when we scored at our end (first time I had ever been in that South Stand) Palace piled on to the pitch. It was hilarious the joy of scoring against them and watching Palace fans going arse over tit on an icy pitch. Then it happened again.
Chocky: You are the Rev. Nigel Sands for all things Palace v Brighton & Homo Albion.

I can pay you no higher compliment sir, keep up the good work.
The president of the Commission Mr. Delors said at press conference the other day that he wanted the European Parliament to be the democratic body of the community, he wanted the Commission to be the Executive and he wanted the Council of Ministers to be the Senate.

No. No. No.

Margaret Thatcher
Speech in Houses of Parliament
30th October 1990
Old 01-07-2016, 07:23 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Regan View Post
Chocky: You are the Rev. Nigel Sands for all things Palace v Brighton & Homo Albion.

I can pay you no higher compliment sir, keep up the good work.
The fvcking Irreverend Nigel Sands surely?
Old 01-07-2016, 07:31 AM
SHUT IT SLAG

Location: We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner
Jack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
The fvcking Irreverend Nigel Sands surely?
Indeed. Since the legendary Psychokiller departed these boards, Chocky is all we have left now.
The president of the Commission Mr. Delors said at press conference the other day that he wanted the European Parliament to be the democratic body of the community, he wanted the Commission to be the Executive and he wanted the Council of Ministers to be the Senate.

No. No. No.

Margaret Thatcher
Speech in Houses of Parliament
30th October 1990
Old 01-07-2016, 03:47 PM
Groundhopper

WestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I was at the August 74' game. I would have been 11 at the time. I asked my Dad if we could go, and for some reason my mum tagged along, even though she doesn't like football! Dad drove and we arrived early, just before the turnstiles opened. Loads of Palace fans sitting outside on the wall, silk scarves on wrists, long hair etc. My Dad was always clueless on which part of the ground to go into. So we ended up in the enclosure in front of their main stand.

I rememeber three things.
A/ Yes it was a poor game.
B/ My mum was asked to move from her position at the front by a late arrriver for his little lad. She took exception to this, having been standing there since 13:30, and refused to move, lol!
C/ Some fighting in the home end, some Palace infiltrators, and Palace fans running across the pitch from the other end to join in! Not sure if this was pre-match, HT or during the game? I have no memory of the game being halted at all?

Scary to think this was 42 years ago, jeez!!
It was definitely the start of the rivalry though!!

The black lad, Mark Lindsay was dubbed Beckenbauer by the Palace fans because he played a sort of floating roll infront of the defence. Suffice to say, he never lived up to that tag!
Hop till you drop!

Last edited by WestBerksPalace; 01-07-2016 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:50 PM

Battle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Remember this game as a 14 year old, ended up in the Brighton end. Was kicking off everywhere. Bit scary but will never forget this game.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:47 PM

salad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
We only played them away in a night game in the Simod or Zenith or whatever it was called then cup in the early 90s. Although the First Round FA Cup game in 1976 was in November ish when although a 3pm kick of most of the game was played under floodlights and was dark at half time. There was loads of trouble during that game and I think a fence collapsed between the fans allowing a mass brawl at one point.
There were loads of Palace there that day, I was surprised they gave us the side terrace
Old 02-07-2016, 06:25 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
I believe it was the day the first Iraq war started. Very cold, my abiding memory is of getting a lift down to Brighton in my work colleague's dad's Beemer and spending the journey home in an ice box because his younger brother had pissed about with the electric window and managed to get it stuck in the down position.
Old 02-07-2016, 02:56 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
I believe it was the day the first Iraq war started. Very cold, my abiding memory is of getting a lift down to Brighton in my work colleague's dad's Beemer and spending the journey home in an ice box because his younger brother had pissed about with the electric window and managed to get it stuck in the down position.
Seem to remember travel problems after an IRA bomb that day
Old 02-07-2016, 03:26 PM

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Eagle View Post
Seem to remember travel problems after an IRA bomb that day
I think it was the day of the Victoria litter bin bomb.The train that we got from east Croydon was already packed but around 150 that had been in the porter and sorter managed to get on ,much to the commuters annoyance.

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 06-11-2018, 08:53 PM

Pikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is here
Talking to my youngest about our away allocation at Weed in December in comparison to what we used to take to the Goldstone 70's onwards. I went to most but am useless at guessing numbers, anyone got any rough idea about the 74 game, or the other games that decade/early eighties?
"That’s the problem with these pre-planned celebrations. You can send out the invitations, arrange the play list, tailor the entire occasion for your guest of honour and it can still all fall flat. Crystal Palace are the worst kind of people to invite to share your revelry."
Old 06-11-2018, 09:29 PM

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikie Punisher View Post
Talking to my youngest about our away allocation at Weed in December in comparison to what we used to take to the Goldstone 70's onwards. I went to most but am useless at guessing numbers, anyone got any rough idea about the 74 game, or the other games that decade/early eighties?
First game I would say we had around 10k probably around 3-7 k at the others.

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 06-11-2018, 09:53 PM

Pikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is here
Cheers OG.
"That’s the problem with these pre-planned celebrations. You can send out the invitations, arrange the play list, tailor the entire occasion for your guest of honour and it can still all fall flat. Crystal Palace are the worst kind of people to invite to share your revelry."
Old 07-11-2018, 09:52 PM

moverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikie Punisher View Post
My first game down at The Goldstone was 74/75 season and we had most of the side and also fans in both ends...probably around 7 or 8 thousand..

We lost 1-0 and it all kicked off inside and outside the ground..The following season we lost 0-2 but it was a smaller Palace turnout as we only had half the side if I remember, probably around 3 or 4 thousand..