Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 27-02-2017, 10:48 PM
Soul Survivor

Caisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine

Old 02-03-2017, 09:03 PM
Soul Survivor

Caisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Old 22-03-2017, 05:24 PM

Flightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Oh my god Caisterman. A top tune if ever I heard one. Took me way back. Thanks for posting.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:35 PM
Soul Survivor

R.I.P Brenda

Old 22-04-2017, 09:10 PM
Soul Survivor

R.I.P Cuba......

Old 30-05-2017, 07:28 PM
Soul Survivor

Old 04-06-2017, 01:28 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Probably doesn't count as jazz funk, but what a tune - Jimmy Ross "First True Love Affair":

Old 04-06-2017, 04:32 PM
Spottieottiedopalicious

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Probably doesn't count as jazz funk, but what a tune - Jimmy Ross "First True Love Affair":

Absolute banger. Your taste in music is nearly as good as mine WCB!
Horrible day. Don't even know why I went, after the home game 'experience.' Will not visit SE25 again. With others as a 'guest' in their antiquated main stand. Constant abuse, intimidating each time we scored. Never been so pleased to lose.

Cooler than a Polar Bears Toenail
Old 04-06-2017, 05:23 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Jeff Young was playing this on the wireless today. Him (on Radio 1) and Record Mirror got me into proper music when I was a pup.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:39 PM
Spottieottiedopalicious

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
I remember Jeff Young on Radio London in the mid 80's when he took over Robbie Vincent's Saturday show after he went to Radio 1. He was always a bit more commercial than RV but at that time there was only his show, Greg Edwards' Soul Spectrum show on Capital and a couple of pirate stations that catered for soul and funk in London
Horrible day. Don't even know why I went, after the home game 'experience.' Will not visit SE25 again. With others as a 'guest' in their antiquated main stand. Constant abuse, intimidating each time we scored. Never been so pleased to lose.

Old 04-06-2017, 06:57 PM

bestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Jeff Young Saturday lunchtime show was essential listening for me as I drove to Selhurst. He was more commercial than Robbie Vincent and also leant a bit more towards hip-hop/rap e.g. the first Mantronix album that I don't think RV would have played. Still scouring some of those playlists 30 years later for unidentified tracks. Most of them sound just as great now.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:10 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
I'm doing a 5 hour set next Saturday, got to tread the fine line between comercial and rare.....going to be very difficult.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 04-06-2017, 07:28 PM
Spottieottiedopalicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestperch View Post
Jeff Young Saturday lunchtime show was essential listening for me as I drove to Selhurst. He was more commercial than Robbie Vincent and also leant a bit more towards hip-hop/rap e.g. the first Mantronix album that I don't think RV would have played. Still scouring some of those playlists 30 years later for unidentified tracks. Most of them sound just as great now.
Yeah RV used to play a lot of stuff like Alex Malheiros and Jap-Jazz like Hiroshi Fukamura and Ken Muramatsu.
Jeff Young played a lot of what he called 'def' which was essentially hip hop like Davy DMX and "purple" which was stuff like The Family, Andre Cymone, Morris Day and of course Prince. He also played commercial stuff like 5 Star

Much preferred Robbie Vincent but JY was still decent listening

Old 04-06-2017, 07:57 PM
Soul Survivor

Old 04-06-2017, 08:14 PM
Soul Survivor

Old 04-06-2017, 08:21 PM
Soul Survivor

Old 04-06-2017, 09:03 PM

modernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
One of Robbie Vincent's most played Jap-jazz tunes, That cost me an arm and a leg from Virgin in Croydon.

Old 04-06-2017, 09:14 PM
Soul Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernsouler View Post
One of Robbie Vincent's most played Jap-jazz tunes, That cost me an arm and a leg from Virgin in Croydon.

But oh so worth it MS.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:19 PM
Soul Survivor

Think RV broke this as well......

Old 04-06-2017, 09:23 PM
Spottieottiedopalicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caisterman View Post
Think RV broke this as well......

Yep he did