Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 11-01-2007, 04:01 PM

Eagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
Quote:
Originally posted by stevek
(Oh, and EoC - you should have at least mentioned his goal from the half way line to cheer him up.)
If I'd known at the time he was going to score it I would have done so.

It was the mid 90's I was on a stag weekend and ROI were playing Celtic in a testimonial for the Irish manager. Not Jack Charlton I'm sure I remember being surprised because he hadn't seemed to be in the job for long.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:09 PM
P40 West Maigh EO FC

Away Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle Of Cray
I had the pleasure of telling Steve Staunton how grateful I was to him for one of my favourite memories of watching football, when I bumped into him in Dublin about five years after the game.

He was lapping it up along with a bunch of admirers, when I finally mentioned the game I was talking about he said "but we lost" to which I replied 'I know but you wouldn't have done had you not chested the ball above your head'. He left the bar soonafterwards

All he had to do was let the ball hit his chest let gravity take over and boot it clear.
I've just spat my coffee everywhere

EoC Gold

You've just made my day
"In memory of your father, Sean" she said.
And when I put the Sam Browne on
she was smiling with the tears.
As she placed the broad black brimmer on my head.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:35 PM

Eagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farEagle Of Cray stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
Quote:
Originally posted by Away Day Eagle
You've just made my day
If I say so myself it was bloomin fabulous. I had spent at least 10 minutes 'bigging' him up which he accepted, all the time his head getting bigger.

Even when I see that goal now I cannot believe he chested the ball up but for that all we'd have seen is the 'gallant losers' headlines.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle Of Cray
If I'd known at the time he was going to score it I would have done so.

It was the mid 90's I was on a stag weekend and ROI were playing Celtic in a testimonial for the Irish manager. Not Jack Charlton I'm sure I remember being surprised because he hadn't seemed to be in the job for long.
Mick McCarthy then?

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 11-01-2007, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by stevek
Mick McCarthy then?
Quite possibly. Although Jack Charlton was definitely there as I fell into him and others whilst I was in a drunken stupor. I was trying to look cool & trendy leaning against the 'wall' unfortunately the said 'wall' was the lift doors.....
Old 11-01-2007, 10:05 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
All great memories , but for me it was dougies goal at stockport . The reason was that we had to win and we were so anxious the feeling was undescrible . A funny day all round with a good drink , newcastle fans down to cheer us on and a general feeling of forbodin . What made me laugh was when we won we scampered on the pitch but the old man got stuck half way over the hoardings. He said to a copper " gis a hand " and the copper replied " im meant to stop you " but he helped him with a smile , what a feeling of utter relief !
Old 12-01-2007, 06:28 PM
I am a HAL 9000 computer

screamingalice was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldscreamingalice was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldscreamingalice was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldscreamingalice was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldscreamingalice was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldscreamingalice was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldscreamingalice was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldscreamingalice was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldscreamingalice was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldscreamingalice was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldscreamingalice was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Far too many to think about over almost 50 years. However if I had to pick one out of them all it was singing "Abide with me" at Wembley that Saturday afternoon in May 1990, still makes the hairs go up on the back of the neck thinking about it. Would swop them all just to see us lift the bloody cup one day

"The 9000-series is the most reliable computer ever made. No 9000-computer has ever made a mistake or distorted information. We are all, by any practical definitions of the words, foolproof and incapable of error."

In memory of Arthur C Clarke 1917 - 2008 the most visionary and versatile thinker of the last 100 years.
Old 13-01-2007, 01:29 AM

Oh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldOh south london was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Dougie last minitue Stockport god i was on such a high and also so much promise and hope springed from that goal.

God i love this club
Old 13-01-2007, 02:55 AM

knackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seenknackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seenknackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seenknackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seenknackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seenknackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seenknackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seenknackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seenknackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seenknackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seenknackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seen
Not as fortunate as you lot, but having lived in Australia all my life i went to see my beloved Palace in 93 with my two cousins. Standing on the terrace watching the boys come out for the first time i had to pinch myself that i was really there watching a live game. That as lame as it sounds is the best memory i have and one that i hope to relive at some stage in the near future. 5 games i watched for 5 wins with the best Palace 5 Pompey 1. What a feeling, what a club what a distant but thoroughly vivid memory.
Old 13-01-2007, 03:06 AM
Anarchosyndicalist

Location: Nearer to inner peace than I was. Corporeally, Chippenham.
calne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Away Day Eagle
I had a bottle of amyl nitrate up my nose at the time. So Gray's goal is memorable for me on many levels
I think you'll find 'Poppers' was on another thread.

Ummm, Nigel - bit of a gay drug..............Actually, the last thing I'd want to do at a football game is relax my arsehole.......

Palace ST holder for 40 years. Palace bonded me with my Dad. I met my partner and several great friends through the club. Palace have mad, passionate, funny supporters, and ex-players who care enough about the club to stay in touch. It's a roller-coaster ride, but thatís the way we like it. And itís not plastic. Palace til I die.
Old 13-01-2007, 03:07 AM
Anarchosyndicalist

Location: Nearer to inner peace than I was. Corporeally, Chippenham.
calne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by knackers
Not as fortunate as you lot, but having lived in Australia all my life i went to see my beloved Palace in 93 with my two cousins. Standing on the terrace watching the boys come out for the first time i had to pinch myself that i was really there watching a live game. That as lame as it sounds is the best memory i have and one that i hope to relive at some stage in the near future. 5 games i watched for 5 wins with the best Palace 5 Pompey 1. What a feeling, what a club what a distant but thoroughly vivid memory.
Good stuff, mate. Especially the 5-1 and Southgate's amazing goal

Palace ST holder for 40 years. Palace bonded me with my Dad. I met my partner and several great friends through the club. Palace have mad, passionate, funny supporters, and ex-players who care enough about the club to stay in touch. It's a roller-coaster ride, but thatís the way we like it. And itís not plastic. Palace til I die.
Old 13-01-2007, 03:09 AM

knackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seenknackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seenknackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seenknackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seenknackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seenknackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seenknackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seenknackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seenknackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seenknackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seenknackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seen
Quote:
Originally posted by calne eagle
Good stuff, mate. Especially the 5-1 and Southgate's amazing goal
Balltearer
Old 13-01-2007, 07:27 AM

kayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I swear I had an out of body experience when Pardew scored the 4th
Old 26-05-2017, 06:56 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Been 10 years since the last post on here, and nearly 18 (yikes!) since I started it, but someone posting about the 20th anniversary of HLTC1 reminded me of it.

There have been many memorable events since then, some good, some great, others not so much: promotion, relegation, promotion, second admin, signing a £30m striker, significant wins against Br*ghton (5-0 / 2-0 / first ever at Amex etc), another FA Cup Final, etc etc.

For those that posted before, has your choice changed? (Mine hasn't). And what about all the people that have joined the BBS in the meantime?

What's your best EVER moment as a Palace fan?

Last edited by JJ; 26-05-2017 at 07:01 AM.
Old 26-05-2017, 07:01 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Abide With Me at our first FA Cup final brought me to tears.

The final whistle at Hillsborough
Old 26-05-2017, 07:34 AM

Mr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Too young to remember 1990 so there are two moments that stand out. The first was staying up at Hillsborough and the sheer relief that we had managed it. All the success that has followed since can be traced back to that day. The second was winning the FA Cup semi final against Watford. It didn't have the drama of 1990 but personally I never thought I would see Palace at a Cup Final so the sheer joy at the final whistle knowing that a lifelong dream had come true will be hard to beat, unless of course we ever win the thing.
Old 26-05-2017, 07:45 AM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
27 years have passed, but 4-3 at Villa Park...no question for me...the romance is not there any more, so I doubt this will ever change for me. Having said that, if the final 10 minutes had gone differently last May...

Then comes 'Hopkin looking to curl one' and Hillsborough / Dougie at Stockport.

One off results are good, but these games were so significant.
Old 26-05-2017, 07:51 AM

CPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Probably Wembley and realising the club was getting £120m with the chance of separating us from our rivals and elevating us to being a richish club.
Old 26-05-2017, 08:01 AM
From the sunny Side

sunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Seen many promotions and escapes over last 40 plus years... but I'm going for final whistle at Villa Park SF. Epic.
Old 26-05-2017, 08:29 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Watford Play off final- went with Ant, just an amazing day

was nervous and quiet, met all my pals at the Porter at 8am, Griff buying me a beer to liven me up.

bumping into Arron and PK after the game

The quiet, reflective tube journey back to Farringdon, stunned into silence

The after party back at the Glamorgan

Bumping into Jamie and Greenlight in full flow about midnight at East Croydon

An amazing day

Last edited by gold76; 26-05-2017 at 08:31 AM.