Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 26-05-2017, 08:31 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Also an emotional day, most will have forgotten, Peterborough home, around January 2010, Barbara bunged me a ticket, we had not long gone into admin, few tears shed at full time, uncertain future, but a proud day, difficult to put into words
Old 26-05-2017, 09:16 AM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Hearing that Wilf has signed a new 5 year contract is right up there.
Old 26-05-2017, 12:51 PM

Crozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
No contest.

Brighton away, play-off semi final second leg.

Shit.

Wilf.

2-0.
Old 29-05-2017, 09:31 PM

NYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So many over the years - Man Utd in 1969, the FA Cup run in 1976, Wrexham, Burnley in 1979, Blackburn in 1989, Liverpool semi-final, Man Utd FA Cup Final, Everton Zenith Data Cup Final, Wimbledon 1991 ( to finish third), Sheffield United play-off final, Stockport, West Ham play-off final, Sheffield Wed, Brighton (5-0, 3-1 and the play-off semi final), Watford play-off final, Crystanbul. I am sure there are many others that I have forgotten.

If I had to choose one it would be the 2-0 win at the Amex. They were sure they were going to beat us after the 0-0 at Selhurst and Murray being injured. We haven't looked back since - thank you Brighton.
Old 30-05-2017, 05:32 AM

PhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Like NYEagle, have many happy memories. One of my all-time faves was our 3-2 win @ Stamford Bridge v Chelsea in '76 when we were just a small Third Division team. Peter Taylor ran the show that day & showed 'em who was boss! Big Mal's head expanded so much he had to get a new fedora.
Old 30-05-2017, 05:39 AM
Arse end of Nottingham.

henryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is here
Peter Taylor's free kick against Chelsea in 1976.
Old 30-05-2017, 06:23 AM
Banned by Moderators

jimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is here
The day a 32 year old Paul Dickov signed for us. What a time to be alive.
Old 30-05-2017, 06:29 AM

Hadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
All are great memories but for me, the Burnley game in 1979 is the moment!
Old 30-05-2017, 07:00 AM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
So many highs and lows supporting this 'car crash of a team' (!!), but to me it has to be Villa Park April 1990

Only Palace could lose to a team 9-0 and then beat them in an extraordinary manner like that, just 6 months later !

He might as ended up as a cr*p Manager for us, but Super, Super, Super Al
Old 30-05-2017, 08:23 AM

Jason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle View Post
So many highs and lows supporting this 'car crash of a team' (!!), but to me it has to be Villa Park April 1990

Only Palace could lose to a team 9-0 and then beat them in an extraordinary manner like that, just 6 months later !

He might as ended up as a cr*p Manager for us, but Super, Super, Super Al
Without a doubt this was the greatest moment in Palace history, but alas I wasn't there, and it's never quite the same watching on TV. I was at the Burnley game in '79 (surely no 2 on the list if we're being objective), but given I was five I don't remember too much of it.

So for me, there are two choices

1) Hopkin's Wembley curler
2) Dougie's last gasp goal at Stockport

I was lucky enough to be at both, and those two moments certainly surpassed anything else I've experienced as a Palace fan. At a push, I'd choose the Hopking screamer, especially in the context of what happened the year before.
Old 30-05-2017, 08:36 AM

old geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Al's winner at Villa Park in the 1990 semi for me
Burnley 1979 for the crowd and atmosphere and outcome
Brighton semi result because it was against them
Old 30-05-2017, 08:43 AM

liberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think Al's place in history is assured.
THAT goal, plus two seasons in the Premier, come on
and no I don't "like" him either...
Old 30-05-2017, 09:55 AM
Party on

Chris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Final whistle at Hillsborough
Final whistle Cardiff 2004
Final whistle Wembley 2013
Last 5 minutes Arsenal (h) 2017
Old 30-05-2017, 10:49 AM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Burley home, with the massive 50000+ crowd.
Home v Watford, last match before the Holmesdale Stand was built.
Kevin Philips penalty at Wembley.
Old 30-05-2017, 10:52 AM

wyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by old geezer View Post
Al's winner at Villa Park in the 1990 semi for me
Burnley 1979 for the crowd and atmosphere and outcome
Brighton semi result because it was against them
Spot on for me to, watched the final in the port manor many moons ago, and Burnley was crazy
Old 30-05-2017, 12:47 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
3-0 v Blackburn 89
4 -3 v Liverpool 90
2-2 v Sheffield Wednesday 2010
Hopkins 97
Phillips 2013
Old 30-05-2017, 01:39 PM

jackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
4 -3

Never before or since have I felt as if I was simply walking on air.
"Crystal Palace were magnificent last weekend as they crashed Steven Gerrard’s party, changed the music without asking, took the most expensive beer from the fridge, and plonked themselves down on the most comfortable chair with their boots up on the coffee table." (May 2015)
Old 30-05-2017, 01:42 PM
Faster.

jimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Unsure if said, but that Dougie volley against Wolves in the play offs will always have a very special place in my heart.
Old 30-05-2017, 02:01 PM

thomasbroad stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farthomasbroad stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farthomasbroad stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farthomasbroad stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farthomasbroad stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farthomasbroad stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farthomasbroad stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farthomasbroad stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farthomasbroad stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farthomasbroad stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farthomasbroad stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
Had to be Wednesday away for me.

01 Speroni
03 Hill
05 McCarthy
17 Lawrence
20 Butterfield
22 Ertl yellow card
04 Derry
07 Ambrose
14 Scannell (Davis 90)
18 Andrew yellow card (N'Diaye 61)
19 Lee (John 84)

Substitutes
35 Mann, 02 Clyne, 24 Davis, 10 Carle, 21 Djilali, 33 N'Diaye, 09 John

Ahh, those were the days.
Old 30-05-2017, 02:15 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Final whistle at the Millennium Stadium vs Spammers.

That entire season seemed to build to that moment, it all seemed inevitable and the reality was just the sweetest moment!