Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 23-07-2017, 10:03 AM

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It was always nearer 60,000 than the official figure(s).
As great a night as that was though, and so many other times that have been posted, for me it will always be the 4-3 at Villa Park.
After the league trip to Anfield back in the September, not only was it very sweet revenge but it obviously meant our first ever F.A cup final.
It's a day (and a few pissed up nights after) I will take with me to my grave.
Old 23-07-2017, 01:07 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
It was always nearer 60,000 than the official figure(s).
As great a night as that was though, and so many other times that have been posted, for me it will always be the 4-3 at Villa Park.
After the league trip to Anfield back in the September, not only was it very sweet revenge but it obviously meant our first ever F.A cup final.
It's a day (and a few pissed up nights after) I will take with me to my grave.
Me too re the semi final especially as was at both games 9-0 & 4-3 & as said previously on a personal note to win it in my home city tops the lot and made it very emotional .
Old 26-07-2017, 12:02 AM

Braintree Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBraintree Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBraintree Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBraintree Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBraintree Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBraintree Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBraintree Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBraintree Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBraintree Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBraintree Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBraintree Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Agree with both of the above. I too was there for the 9-0 and the 4-3. To experience what happened at Villa Park can't be overstated. All that at a time when the FA Cup meant so much.
For sure there have been other great moments, random things such as the Full Members thing in the last seconds at Boro or winning a night match 0-1 away at Blackburn in the mid 80's that was totally unexpected but I don't think anything will rival the final whistle at Villa Park for my best ever moment.
Old 26-07-2017, 12:11 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcwhite View Post
One game I will always remember was a home game against Bristol City. We were 1-0 down with only a few minutes remaining until Matt Jansen won it with two goals at the death.

What might have been with Jansen. Such a shame. The boy had talent.
What about Dean Gordon's wonderstrike to draw at the death against Derby. A game we deserved to get something out of. Probably most I have celebrated at a league fixture.

I'm friends with Dean on the Facebookery thingy. He plays a lot of golf these days. I think he looks back on his days with Boro more fondly than Palace. He played with some legends there, though
Old 26-07-2017, 12:18 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Another good one was Armstrongs bullet header against Millwall in the home game that just about ensured we were going up, AND Millwall couldn't catch us.

Scenes. And scenes after the game in Park Road as well.
Old 26-07-2017, 09:45 AM

prizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuktaBoy View Post
What game?
Derby at home

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
*prizesucker's suggestion about shallow nets shows he's a true connoisseur of the beautiful game :)
Old 02-08-2017, 10:30 PM

Palaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Paddy Mac and Matt Lawrence hugging at Watford.

Palace defined.

The Palace Addiction.
A fans eye view of the 09/10 season.
Available in the club shop and online store as a paperback, as well as Amazon as a paperback and ebook. 7.99 as a PB, 3.99 as an ebook.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref...x=the+palace+a
Old 02-08-2017, 11:00 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
I wonder how many people have picked moments that occurred outside the top division/Prem?

A lot I think. Just goes to show that moments of high drama and enjoyment don't always rely on us being in that league...even though some make out it's the be all and end all
Old 02-08-2017, 11:03 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Hopkin, looking to curl one.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:09 PM
Stick with Dowie. Oh dear

Wright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Darren Powel header was pretty amazing for me