Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 22-01-2017, 10:07 AM
Reculer pour mieux sauter

Chester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
That link is just a league table, with no stats.
The URL literally says stats you div.

Just try and help people and live up to your moniker in this thread please
Old 22-01-2017, 10:18 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester View Post

You are arguing and providing a link that doesn't back your argument up.

And those PGA stats show Tony Finnau as only 19 th in driving distance. Last year they showed Westwood as a better putter than Speith from 6 foot!
Old 22-01-2017, 10:28 AM
Reculer pour mieux sauter

Chester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
You are arguing and providing a link that doesn't back your argument up.

And those PGA stats show Tony Finnau as only 19 th in driving distance. Last year they showed Westwood as a better putter than Speith from 6 foot!
Who is number 3 on this stat on this link (happy to be proved wrong but its Finau for me)

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 23-01-2017, 05:10 PM

CaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Played Purley Downs for the first time on Saturday. The frost made the greens impossible, but I enjoyed the course quite a lot overall.
Old 23-01-2017, 05:19 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaterhamEagle View Post
Played Purley Downs for the first time on Saturday. The frost made the greens impossible, but I enjoyed the course quite a lot overall.
Yet to play it, as all my lessons have been indoors. Hoping to get a course lesson sorted soon.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 24-01-2017, 03:14 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Thinking of going up to The Open at Birkdale this year. Anyone been to Birkdale before and if so where would anyone recommend staying ?
Old 24-01-2017, 03:19 PM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester View Post

So what percentage does the top player have from 8 feet then from the link you provided? Only I can't find it.

What's your point anyway? That GB's % figures are wrong or that you are a whiz on the PGA tour stat site? Or you think you are a better putter than you are?

Last edited by anti-addick; 24-01-2017 at 03:31 PM.
Old 24-01-2017, 03:58 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
Yet to play it, as all my lessons have been indoors. Hoping to get a course lesson sorted soon.
My Mate is a member there. Let me know if you fancy a round and I'll see if he can get us a discount.

I enjoy it a lot, though it can be quite tricky in places.

A fair few hills though.

The greens are usually absolutely rapid.
Old 24-01-2017, 04:41 PM

Herr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Thinking of going up to The Open at Birkdale this year. Anyone been to Birkdale before and if so where would anyone recommend staying ?
A good buddy of mine moved up there years ago. I'll run it past him but would imagine you're gonna pay top dollar mate as Birkdale is rather fancy all year round. Cheapest option would be to stay in scouceland and train it. It's normally a stopper (30ish mins IIRC?) but they might lay on fast ones during the event?
Old 24-01-2017, 05:24 PM

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
My Mate is a member there. Let me know if you fancy a round and I'll see if he can get us a discount.

I enjoy it a lot, though it can be quite tricky in places.

A fair few hills though.

The greens are usually absolutely rapid.
Friend of mine has just joined too. The pro who is giving me lessons is also a friend of a friend. Hopefully will be able to sort a round out there sometime!

Old 24-01-2017, 05:50 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
I went when Harrington won it in 2008. Stayed in Liverpool in some budget place. I ended up watching it in the pga tent with beers for the last nine holes

My advice would be to watch the first two days - twice the golfers and less fans - and then watch the final days on telly.
Old 24-01-2017, 06:16 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
I went when Harrington won it in 2008. Stayed in Liverpool in some budget place. I ended up watching it in the pga tent with beers for the last nine holes

My advice would be to watch the first two days - twice the golfers and less fans - and then watch the final days on telly.
Yeah that's the plan mate

Up on Thursday - may play somewhere or go to Open - and then definitely go Friday. Overnight 2 nights. Going with my brothers who are mid 50's so we want somewhere with some decent nightlife but bars / curry house rather than Blackpool / Pool. Looked at L St A but nowt available. Obviously left it late

Last edited by Worksop Palace; 30-01-2017 at 09:01 AM.
Old 28-01-2017, 11:26 PM

CamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
San Lorenzo and Palmares are well worth a round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiswickEagle View Post
Recommendations for a course on the Algarve would be appreciated. So many to choose from so first hand experience would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:41 PM

richj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Co-commisioner NFL League 2
Old 05-02-2017, 07:17 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Lessons and practice paying off. 43 points yesterday in the monthly stableford. 1.8 shot cut so down to 13 which is the lowest I've ever been. Left a few out there as well as I started with 3 double bogeys through complete bad luck and missed a short putt on 15.

Golf handicap - 11
Golf Blog - http://wp.me/p7sKN4-4
Blog Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/UsingTheBounce/
Old 05-02-2017, 09:22 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny32 View Post
Lessons and practice paying off. 43 points yesterday in the monthly stableford. 1.8 shot cut so down to 13 which is the lowest I've ever been. Left a few out there as well as I started with 3 double bogeys through complete bad luck and missed a short putt on 15.
Good stuff mate

Not for me to piss on your chips...Christ knows we have enough of that every Saturday ......but

I assume you are playing winter course and rules ? How much does this affect the difficulty / length of your course etc ?
Old 05-02-2017, 12:54 PM

Golf > Football

Old 05-02-2017, 02:53 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Quote:
Golf > Football
Golf, rugby, cricket, tennis....> football

Great win for Serge today
Old 05-02-2017, 07:18 PM

Can anyone recommend a good, and relatively inexpensive, putting mat?

Old 05-02-2017, 07:20 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Quote:
Can anyone recommend a good, and relatively inexpensive, putting mat?
Your living room carpet