Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 28-07-2018, 06:55 PM
I'm just cheese

davemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is here
Played Hever today, hit the ball well but putting wasn’t great so didn’t score that well. Nice course.
Old 28-07-2018, 10:14 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
nope. It was never a goer. Landowner tried it on but it was chucked out due to being on the green belt, total lack of infrastructure, massive flooding risk etc
Probably a good thing for all involved. Other than the landowner, of course

I’m at Woodhall Spa tonight. It seems like a really weird place to have as the home of ‘Golf England’. It’s in the middle of nowhere.
Old 29-07-2018, 01:17 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Thinking of Portugal for our golf trip this year. Any tips etc from anyone who has done it welcomed. There’s only 4 of us, want 3 nights and 3 rounds - somewhere lively ish but not villamoura or albafuira with all the other golf wankers.

TIA
Old 29-07-2018, 09:23 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
First time playing this year. Drove well (very well in fact).
Irons ok.
Putting ok in places but had terrible luck. 4 that seemed to go in and out.
Short game around the greens was terrible.

Got the bug again though
Old 29-07-2018, 09:46 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Thinking of Portugal for our golf trip this year. Any tips etc from anyone who has done it welcomed. There’s only 4 of us, want 3 nights and 3 rounds - somewhere lively ish but not villamoura or albafuira with all the other golf wankers.

TIA
Praia del rey. Not lively though great track. 3 courses there now, all good. West cliffs and Obidos the other two.

Cascais is a nice town with good fish restuarants. For golf there Quinta da marinha is fine and oitavos is next door. I hour from lisbon, as is Praia.
Old 30-07-2018, 06:53 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I finished 2nd in division 3 yesterday with a nett 78. That just goes to show how windy it was. I think I missed out winning by just a shot, and I’m a little annoyed with myself as I could have played a bit better.

The Bracken was a really nice course but without trying to sound arrogant, I didn’t think it was particularly difficult. A lot of bunkers and a bit of water, but those fairways were so wide. I assume the Hotchkin is harder? Woodhall Spa itself seemed like a nice little village, but I can’t get my head around why ‘Golf England’ decided to base themselves in the middle of nowhere.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:35 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
If you love golf, read this and keep the tears away if you can. Great piece from Robert Allenby about Jarrold Lyle, former PGA Toyr a pro who have chosen to go to palliative cate for his leukaemia.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 08-08-2018, 09:22 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
So, anyone signing up for a £5.99 one month pass on Eleven Sports to watch the PGA? Playing around this morning and using a browser on the TV is a bit clunky but using AirPlay to project off the iPad seems to work quite well and get reasonable quality.

It is getting a pain to have to look at so many different media options though!

Old 08-08-2018, 10:51 AM

Stinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
So, anyone signing up for a £5.99 one month pass on Eleven Sports to watch the PGA? Playing around this morning and using a browser on the TV is a bit clunky but using AirPlay to project off the iPad seems to work quite well and get reasonable quality.

It is getting a pain to have to look at so many different media options though!
I think you get a free trial for a week? It's the way of the future so I think we will all have to get used to it.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:59 AM
Watching from Warmington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
I think you get a free trial for a week? It's the way of the future so I think we will all have to get used to it.
That was what they originally ran with but now it seems that day 1 & 2 are free via Facebook but day 3 & 4 require a pass - currently £5.99 for a month - but their website is bizarre showing a "7 day Free Trial for £5.99/month".

I guess like the Amazon Prime deals you give up credit card details etc etc on the monthly deal and then have to remember to cancel after 7 days?

Old 08-08-2018, 11:27 AM

Stinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
That was what they originally ran with but now it seems that day 1 & 2 are free via Facebook but day 3 & 4 require a pass - currently £5.99 for a month - but their website is bizarre showing a "7 day Free Trial for £5.99/month".

I guess like the Amazon Prime deals you give up credit card details etc etc on the monthly deal and then have to remember to cancel after 7 days?
Yeah I'm sure they're banking on a few forgetting to cancel.
Old 08-08-2018, 11:30 AM
Watching from Warmington

Interesting to see how the US PGA view the experiment post event. They move to a May date next year and this is only a one year deal. I expect Sky to be going in hard to get it back while offering a streaming option - which to be fair they have already via Sky Go.

Old 08-08-2018, 03:16 PM
Heshlo Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
The problem is that the internet is still nowhere near as reliable as a satellite dish or aerial. For live events, I would always rather ‘traditional’ tv methods over an internet connection.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:51 AM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just listened to the Racing Post golf betting podcast (a great listen if that's your thing), can't believe UK&Ire have no Sky coverage of the USPGA, so will it also be the case for other big golfing comps or just that one comp?

Luckily in Aus we're ok, though the Premier League is with a mobile phone company, have an app for Apple TV which works ok but agree no where near as reliable as Sky/Foxtel
Old 09-08-2018, 06:09 AM
Heshlo Kitty

Just this one.
Old 09-08-2018, 07:55 AM
Watching from Warmington

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
The problem is that the internet is still nowhere near as reliable as a satellite dish or aerial. For live events, I would always rather ‘traditional’ tv methods over an internet connection.
I agree. I really don’t want to sit at a PC. Tried the browser on both our TVs and far too clunky. Best option does seem to be screen mirroring off the iPad. Will see what the FB stream coverage is like before risking giving them cc details for something that could be crap.

Old 09-08-2018, 11:56 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
If you love golf, read this and keep the tears away if you can. Great piece from Robert Allenby about Jarrold Lyle, former PGA Toyr a pro who have chosen to go to palliative cate for his leukaemia.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Died yesterday.
Old 09-08-2018, 01:53 PM
Watching from Warmington

Quote:
I agree. I really don’t want to sit at a PC. Tried the browser on both our TVs and far too clunky. Best option does seem to be screen mirroring off the iPad. Will see what the FB stream coverage is like before risking giving them cc details for something that could be crap.
Trying their free FB Rory, Tiger, Justin featured group stream on iPad. Crap quality, freezing regularly. Looks to be being watched by around 1000 people.

Rory & Tiger started with bogeys by the way!

Old 09-08-2018, 05:49 PM
Heshlo Kitty

I know it’s always considered the forgotten major anyway, but this is stupid. There’s no way that player sponsors can be happy with this. Even the players themselves. It must be rubbish if a player wins his maiden major, and won’t properly get his moment in the spotlight.
Old 09-08-2018, 05:49 PM
Heshlo Kitty