Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 30-12-2018, 11:55 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Amazon Echo

Need some help as Iím going round in circles.

I own a Sonos One which is great, couldnít be without it but it would be great to get an Echo. I donít know which to get, the Echo or Echo dot. I plan on getting Dots for the bedrooms but Iím sure I read somewhere that if I already have a Sonos then all I really need is the Dot in the lounge but will just having Dots restrict me to being unable to use smart bulbs/lights etc.

Golf handicap - 11
Old 30-12-2018, 12:50 PM

alpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Echo Dots can control smart lighting using voice. I use mine with a Hue setup.
Old 30-12-2018, 01:18 PM
Erect Member

NO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Don't have Sonos but i have dots around the house and use them to control all the Hue lighting
Old 30-12-2018, 01:35 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What benefit does the echo have over the Dot?

Golf handicap - 11
Old 30-12-2018, 02:01 PM

alpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Better sound. That's it really. I have a Sonos Play so went for a Dot.
Old 30-12-2018, 03:38 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny32 View Post
I have a Gen 2 echo and its better than the gen 3 dots I have by a fair margin but you pay up to double for the echo. While its good as a bedroom or kitchen speaker its still far from hifi in my view.

If you just want dots for control rather than sound then bear in mind the dots up to Gen2 are powered by USB but the Gen3 has a dedicated mains supply meaning it takes up a mains outlet where as the earlier version can be run off USB ports and battery banks.

Any echo can control lights but Philips Hue lights require a bridge as an interface between the Echo/dots and the lights. The more expensive Echo Plus has this bridge built in. Bulbs from makers such as TP Link don't require a bridge but each light bulb becomes an individual connection via the router which isn't always ideal in a large setup.

Last edited by LN1; 31-12-2018 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-01-2019, 02:38 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny32 View Post
Amazon get to listen more clearly to everything going on in your household.
Old 01-01-2019, 02:43 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
GCHQ are finding the Amazon Echo and Alexa a great source of intel. Developed by the CIA don't you know

The walls have ears or Echo's.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.