Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 29-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscillateWildly
The in screen keyboard is fine for e-mailing and surfing; it's only document writing that you may need the external keyboard.

This won't be anyone's only computer so I can't see that this will be a problem.
What. You think people will have to carry this, and a netbook, on the train? why would they bother with this.

What I'm not getting is the killer angle. What does it do that a netbook + and iPhone doesn't? Sure, it's pretty and no doubt well made. And it's Apple. But why do I need one?

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/will-swain
Old 29-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Irish blood English Heart

OscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle
What. You think people will have to carry this, and a netbook, on the train? why would they bother with this.

What I'm not getting is the killer angle. What does it do that a netbook + and iPhone doesn't? Sure, it's pretty and no doubt well made. And it's Apple. But why do I need one?
Lots of people don't need to work on the train and don't need a keyboard for anything but e-mail.

Looking around my office, other than the managers or partners, I doubt anyone works on the train.
“You ever noticed how people who believe in Creationism look really unevolved? You ever noticed that? Eyes real close together, eyebrow ridges, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day" Yeah, looks like He rushed it.”

Amid concrete and clay, and general decay, nature must still find a way...
Old 29-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Lots of people don't need to work on the train and don't need a keyboard for anything but e-mail.

Looking around my office, other than the managers or partners, I doubt anyone works on the train.
You don't think people work on the train? Or that they might want to work on their mobile computer?

Old 29-01-2010, 01:46 PM

Dedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

Netbooks are pretty limited- iPad does a lot more than it
iPhones are too small and fiddly if you're writing emails

It fills me hole between my iphone and computer anyway....
Old 29-01-2010, 01:48 PM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedders
Awesome, I'm in for one then. Can you list what these features are before I pre-order, thanks.
Old 29-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Lovely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedders
Assuming I have an iPhone and a netbook, what can I do on my iPad that I can't already do?

Old 29-01-2010, 01:52 PM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Quote:
Assuming I have an iPhone and a netbook, what can I do on my iPad that I can't already do?

Old 29-01-2010, 01:54 PM
hockey mummy

Lizzy Lizzy Lizzy Lizzy Lizzy Lizzy Lizzy Lizzy Lizzy Lizzy Lizzy
It's a totally non-nonsensical product.

I still want one though.
Old 29-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Am I missing the point here. Are Apple actually suggesting this should replace netbooks? If so they targetting this at businesses then?

I wasn't aware that they were tbh.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 29-01-2010, 01:59 PM
hockey mummy

Lizzy Lizzy Lizzy Lizzy Lizzy Lizzy Lizzy Lizzy Lizzy Lizzy Lizzy
I'm a total sucker but the video has kind of convinced me

I might hang on though see what happens with the price.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 29-01-2010, 02:00 PM

OscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst
Am I missing the point here. Are Apple actually suggesting this should replace netbooks? If so they targetting this at businesses then?

I wasn't aware that they were tbh.
No they're not. In fact it seems specifically aimed at non-business consumers.

Steve Jobs said that there was a gap in the market for a machine that can fit between a smart phone and a laptop and that netbooks aren't the answer.

The ipad is meant to be the answer.
“You ever noticed how people who believe in Creationism look really unevolved? You ever noticed that? Eyes real close together, eyebrow ridges, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day" Yeah, looks like He rushed it.”

Old 29-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Lovely

Quote:
Originally Posted by paf
Innit. The iPhone is just not big enough to rack up on.

Old 29-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Simply not true
Old 29-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Steve Jobs?
Steve Jobby, more like.
Old 29-01-2010, 02:58 PM

Old 29-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Lovely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Simply not true

Old 29-01-2010, 03:02 PM
snootchie bootchies

Quote:
That's nice for him, he'll be able to run that bumming app he likes so much on a bigger screen now.

Celebrity technology reviews, fabulous.
Old 29-01-2010, 03:02 PM
A Bit Ranty Today!

Scroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
"iPad" - sounds like something women would use once a month
Old 29-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila
Steve Jobs?
Steve Jobby, more like.
Oh how things change. Happy to be his friend when he was peddling your DRM filth.
Old 29-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroatey
"iPad" - sounds like something women would use once a month
My dog has no nose