Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 01-05-2015, 07:23 AM

mrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Did anyone get one?
Old 01-05-2015, 02:08 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
I generally buy Apple stuff but I think you'd be mad to shell out for a first gen Apple Watch (or indeed any smart watch at such an early stage).
Old 01-05-2015, 04:04 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Have to agree. They all look crap compared to any watch that sells for a similar price. A watch is a fashion item. It is an important part of how you dress - they are classic pieces.

Completely different to how I see my phone. The only digital watch I will ever wear will be one for tracking exercise.
Old 07-05-2015, 02:00 AM
Banned by Moderators

Wenda Simms Wenda Simms Wenda Simms Wenda Simms Wenda Simms Wenda Simms Wenda Simms Wenda Simms Wenda Simms Wenda Simms Wenda Simms
There are a lot of apps riding on this. Both the citibank and the chase apps are riding on this.
Old 07-05-2015, 02:28 AM
It's lit bruh!

Asagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not an Apple user myself, but met up with a mate last night who has one. Actually thought it looked pretty good - better than I thought. Hell of a lot of money, though.
Old 07-05-2015, 05:05 AM

MAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Think it's absolutely superb! Greatly exceeds my expectations.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:06 AM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I do like the idea of them, the ability to accept calls and even a google maps , not so sure about the price though
Old 08-05-2015, 12:53 PM

jimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie_Tracey View Post
I do like the idea of them, the ability to accept calls and even a google maps , not so sure about the price though
That's what's kinda tempting me. Plus, various other apps that'd work for me, given biz travel.

Though, i'm reluctant to give up wrist real estate from my Talley & Twine, or the fab Braun watch the wife got me for Xmas. By reluctant, I mean, I'm half reluctant, and half terrified that i'd come home to changed locks if she spotted it on my wrist.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:49 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Anyone who has actually bought one care to tell us what the battery life is like in real life please?
Old 12-05-2015, 03:56 AM
Probationary User

Lauryn Poindext is fond of sand dunes and salty airLauryn Poindext is fond of sand dunes and salty airLauryn Poindext is fond of sand dunes and salty airLauryn Poindext is fond of sand dunes and salty airLauryn Poindext is fond of sand dunes and salty airLauryn Poindext is fond of sand dunes and salty airLauryn Poindext is fond of sand dunes and salty airLauryn Poindext is fond of sand dunes and salty airLauryn Poindext is fond of sand dunes and salty airLauryn Poindext is fond of sand dunes and salty airLauryn Poindext is fond of sand dunes and salty air
Apple Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenda Simms View Post
There are a lot of apps riding on this. Both the citibank and the chase apps are riding on this.
Hi, yes there are a lot but they said but what's good in there is it provides instant information. Is that true?
Old 12-05-2015, 04:32 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Many of the comments underline the power of the brand. I think all of the features cited as good have been available on other smart watches for ages now, I think my son and nephew birth had a pebble when they came out which must be a few years ago now. The song watches pre-date that by more than a year too. So it's all old hat but Apple 'launch' and it gets a lot of oohs and ahhhs, same with the iPod and so on, interesting and hugely valuable to them.

The pricing of the watch is very high and I suspect this will drop. In truth the early adopters would pay anything to get one and so price sensitivity had little relevance. Those guys need to accept that this watch will only be a bracelet within a year or two. Their track records ;or burturing older models is not good.
Old 12-05-2015, 05:39 AM
Flapping!!!!

Flappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have trouble looking at Google Maps on my iPhone let alone trying to do it on a watch!
Crystal Ball 'Who The F**k Knows 2018/2019

Vote Moo moo2
Old 12-05-2015, 06:09 AM
Probationary User

Daffodil Nolene is playing for a contract
The question is, Will it be worth to purchase this considering the cost? I am uncertain as to how much it is exactly but knowing Apple? It could be costly. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:38 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
I assume it's too small to effectively reply to texts on and if I want to answer or make a call. Presumably i have to have earphones connected to my phone or my phone by my ear. So where is the shortcut? I can imagine i would constantly be looking at my watch and then having to get my phone out.

I can understand the GPS functions. I could use that whilst playing golf. However like using those functions on the phone it is likely to be restrictively power hungry. I have to carry a battery case for my phone if i know I am going to use my phone on the golf course. I suppose you could argue that is 150 worth of the cost justified right there though.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:51 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
I can understand the GPS functions. I could use that whilst playing golf. However like using those functions on the phone it is likely to be restrictively power hungry. I have to carry a battery case for my phone if i know I am going to use my phone on the golf course. I suppose you could argue that is 150 worth of the cost justified right there though.
Assuming of course that the apple watch has a battery that can cope with several hours of GPS functionality.

[edit:'I've just read that the apple watch actually uses your iPhones GPS so it would actually end up using more battery than if you just used your iPhone directly.]
Old 12-05-2015, 09:55 AM

jimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What's with the weird bots on this thread?
Old 12-05-2015, 10:10 AM
For ancient football

Granada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Every person who owns an Apple watch

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Granada allover; 12-05-2015 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-05-2015, 10:19 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
As I said earlier, I don't have an Apple Watch. However, here are some thoughts about my Moto 360 Android Wear watch.

It's a lovely bit of kit, but it's definitely not a necessity and, going my experience with it, I doubt the Apple Watch would be much different.

I like being able to read emails, text, Whatsapp or Facebook messages from my watch. It's subtle and effective, I think. I tend not to reply using the voice functionality as it's just not as practical as it sounds, especially if you're in a busy place where it can't pick up your voice.

I also like some of the app functionality that it has - I get sport scores to my watch, which I can see at an instant. I can check my bank balance, change music tracks or get Google Maps directions without having to reach for my phone. It reduces the steps needed to get information I want. It also allows me to use my phone without needing to unlock it, as it recognises that my watch is nearby and keeps it unlocked. Handy.

I can also load music on to the watch itself and, with bluetooth headphones, listen without the need for my phone.

I think the early iteration of Android Wear is clunky, but it'll get better with 5.1.1 coming out soon. The biggest issue I've had is that it doesn't make app use instinctive - you have to scroll down a menu just to get to th menu where you can launch an app. The new Android Wear version also comes with wifi functionality, meaning that you don't need the phone with you for the watch to do all the functions you bought it for.

Android Wear allows you to change the watchface and there are some excellent developers out there designing some cool faces. Battery life allows me to go about a day and a half with intermittent use. Charging is easy as it uses a wireless charging dock which turns the watch into a desk clock/alarm.

Last edited by RDSdaEAGLE; 12-05-2015 at 10:23 AM.
Old 12-05-2015, 12:33 PM
Between matches

MasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
DC RainMaker's tests that show it's a lot more waterproof than suggested bodes well. Survived a pretty heavy round of To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 12-05-2015, 05:07 PM

MAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Anyone who has actually bought one care to tell us what the battery life is like in real life please?
Lowest battery life so far 20% after 16 hours. Can't see it will be a problem.
Use virtually every aspect of the watch but particularly the workout app.
Notifications for news and Palace scores etc are excellent.
Watch faces are also superb, particularly now I have deleted those I don't use and personalised those that I do.