Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 19-02-2018, 04:03 PM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
Kingdom Come Deliverance

On another thread I mentioned that I am only going to buy two games this year, but I watched an affable ginger beardy Jack Whitehall-a-like play the beta on youtube and was so intrigued that I took the plunge.

Has anyone else?

I think it's great, I haven't a horse, so I spend my days plodding around picking flowers like a hippy.

When folk come at you they can really kill you quite quickly and the game doesn't hold your hand, you can't save whenever you want for example.

It's buggy, but not broken and the charm of it has got me hooked.

Can't wait til my family's tucked up and snoring so so can press flowers in medieval Bohemia!

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 19-02-2018, 04:42 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
I like the look of this, but I've only just started Assasins Creed 4. I'm years behind.
Old 19-02-2018, 04:48 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Which one is AC4? I’ve just finished syndicate but skipped some out so have to go back and look at those (though I have little to no interest in pirates).
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 19-02-2018, 04:55 PM

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Which one is AC4? Iíve just finished syndicate but skipped some out so have to go back and look at those (though I have little to no interest in pirates).
It's the first pirate one, Black Flag. I think there was a less well received pirate one called Rogue.

It's much the same stuff but enough time has elapsed since I finished 3 (the Native American one, that I'm enjoying it.

I've got Far Cry 3 lined up to play next.
Old 19-02-2018, 05:29 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
For future reference syndicate is quite good (London) but the Paris one was shite
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 19-02-2018, 05:46 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
It's the first pirate one, Black Flag. I think there was a less well received pirate one called Rogue.

It's much the same stuff but enough time has elapsed since I finished 3 (the Native American one, that I'm enjoying it.

I've got Far Cry 3 lined up to play next.
Loved the ship battles in this.
Old 19-02-2018, 05:49 PM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALACEWU View Post
Loved the ship battles in this.
Get on Sea of Thieves, me hearty!

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 19-02-2018, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE5eagle View Post
Get on Sea of Thieves, me hearty!
Urgh. Other people.

It's like joint reading a book. I want to be an unsociable bastard and have my own story to enjoy!
Old 19-02-2018, 06:27 PM
Pure Codology

Would normally agree with you, but I've made a bunch of pirate friends all over the world playing SoT. It's had me crying with laughter.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 19-02-2018, 06:57 PM
Holmesdale Lower Block G

Zareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I’m tempted by Deliverance, even more so now that I completed AC Origins yesterday. Still have plenty of side quests and other bits to complete too though.
Have seen very mixed reviews of Deliverance ranging from appalling to masterful so it is hard to judge. AC games have been my staple on consoles and I love them. So how does AC compare (if it can be compared) to Deliverence in terms of open world? Variety? And combat? I like the idea of medieval brutality and large scale battles. But is it all too mundane on other fronts?
Old 19-02-2018, 09:04 PM
Pure Codology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zareba2003 View Post
Iím tempted by Deliverance, even more so now that I completed AC Origins yesterday. Still have plenty of side quests and other bits to complete too though.
Have seen very mixed reviews of Deliverance ranging from appalling to masterful so it is hard to judge. AC games have been my staple on consoles and I love them. So how does AC compare (if it can be compared) to Deliverence in terms of open world? Variety? And combat? I like the idea of medieval brutality and large scale battles. But is it all too mundane on other fronts?
It is completely different to the AC's I've played, in the sense that they're glossy and film-like and they also funnel you, go here, talk to this person, kill that dude, cutscene etc. This is entirely open world, you might kill the guy you've gone to talk to, that's it; they and the tasks they'd have set are no more and the developers don't GAF that you missed out. It doesn't hold your hand at all. Even in the main quest i've heard of this, some chaps say 'get on your horse and to do x,' if you don't get on your horse and go, they f'k off without you and get on with it, they don't wait at the location for you; you're a nobody. They just do it themselves. The world doesn't care.

The combat is pretty cool. I haven't had any training in it yet, but I have had some success and A LOT of failure. I was a fan of the witcher 3, but the combat was basically button spamming, the system in this game I totally opposite, you have to think about what you do, very quickly. Also, you're not superhuman like in AC, if you've got three dudes around you, you're going to die. I suspect that remains largely unchanged even as your character levels up.

Re. Mundane; I suppose people are referring to two thing there: Firstly, in this world EVERYTHING degrades, e.g. in my game my shoes are completely worn out now, do I go to a cobbler to fix them, or pay him for training to learn the craft myself, or do I buy or steal new ones? The character needs to eat, or he degrades in strength and efficacy. I can't just stuff my pockets with carrots as I need to carry weapons, shiny things (and flowers lots of flowers.) Even if I did fill a steed's saddlebags with carrots, they would rot and make me sick if I ate them. If you don't wash often enough it can have bad (or sometimes good) consequences. You're in a world where your sword gets blunt and everything breaks and decays an some might find servicing that mundane. I love it.

The second reason is the save system. You can only save the game when you sleep (which led to a funny situation last night which I'll post up later) you might only sleep once an hour (in real life time) so, if you die, you lose ALL progress that you made in that hour of your life. It can be infuriating, but I like it, it's very 'fk you and your plans' by the developers and adds meaning to everything you do, you're much less likely to take a risk if you can't just quickly save beforehand; it adds weight to your agency and decision-making.

It is a truly open world game, there are bugs here and there, but I have found the whole experience so far engrossing and the environment beautiful, if sometimes terrifying.

It's not for everyone though, but if you like RPGS, then I'd fill your worn out boots!

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 19-02-2018, 09:20 PM
Holmesdale Lower Block G

Zareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE5eagle View Post
It is completely different to the AC's I've played, in the sense that they're glossy and film-like and they also funnel you, go here, talk to this person, kill that dude, cutscene etc. This is entirely open world, you might kill the guy you've gone to talk to, that's it; they and the tasks they'd have set are no more and the developers don't GAF that you missed out. It doesn't hold your hand at all. Even in the main quest i've heard of this, some chaps say 'get on your horse and to do x,' if you don't get on your horse and go, they f'k off without you and get on with it, they don't wait at the location for you; you're a nobody. They just do it themselves. The world doesn't care.

The combat is pretty cool. I haven't had any training in it yet, but I have had some success and A LOT of failure. I was a fan of the witcher 3, but the combat was basically button spamming, the system in this game I totally opposite, you have to think about what you do, very quickly. Also, you're not superhuman like in AC, if you've got three dudes around you, you're going to die. I suspect that remains largely unchanged even as your character levels up.

Re. Mundane; I suppose people are referring to two thing there: Firstly, in this world EVERYTHING degrades, e.g. in my game my shoes are completely worn out now, do I go to a cobbler to fix them, or pay him for training to learn the craft myself, or do I buy or steal new ones? The character needs to eat, or he degrades in strength and efficacy. I can't just stuff my pockets with carrots as I need to carry weapons, shiny things (and flowers lots of flowers.) Even if I did fill a steed's saddlebags with carrots, they would rot and make me sick if I ate them. If you don't wash often enough it can have bad (or sometimes good) consequences. You're in a world where your sword gets blunt and everything breaks and decays an some might find servicing that mundane. I love it.

The second reason is the save system. You can only save the game when you sleep (which led to a funny situation last night which I'll post up later) you might only sleep once an hour (in real life time) so, if you die, you lose ALL progress that you made in that hour of your life. It can be infuriating, but I like it, it's very 'fk you and your plans' by the developers and adds meaning to everything you do, you're much less likely to take a risk if you can't just quickly save beforehand; it adds weight to your agency and decision-making.

It is a truly open world game, there are bugs here and there, but I have found the whole experience so far engrossing and the environment beautiful, if sometimes terrifying.

It's not for everyone though, but if you like RPGS, then I'd fill your worn out boots!

Thank you so much now for the post! Really detailed. Will continue my research and possibly make a purchase soon!
Old 19-02-2018, 09:20 PM
Pure Codology

Just remembered something funny from last night.

I'm dreadful at picking locks, constantly nors it up and usually break my expensive lockpick in the process.

Anyway, I was dealing with this trader and I noticed he had a book on lockpicking which cost 100 groschen. I only had 30, so went off for a f'king age to do a bunch of shit just so I could buy this book. It took me an hour IRL to get the wedge together.

I finally return, like J.R. Hartley himself, with a willing heart and groschen in my pocket. I buy the book, spending ALL my money, 'excellent,' I think.

I sit down outside under a tree and open the book.

I can't read.

I'm a 15th century blacksmith's son; no one bothered to teach me.

The game hates me and I love it!

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 20-02-2018, 02:35 AM
Pure Codology

After two in the morn, have enjoyed myself til now, but DON'T BUY the game YET.

So buggy.

Found it hilarious when, in a cut scene, a soldier I was ordered to meet whispered into my crotch as I bent over him.

Reminded me of derry in '94.

After our patrol, the self same soldier has now been happily playing dice with me, he won resoundingly, and is now sitting about doing sweet fanny. For ten minutes.

Can't progress, game has been great, but it is broken; don't buy until it's fixed.

It's a shame. If they're waiting for more crowd funding, then it won't be from me; have already given forty quid I don't have.

Had some fun though.

Goodnight Valhalla.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 20-02-2018, 03:17 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Sounds really good.
Old 20-02-2018, 08:58 AM
Pure Codology

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Will update this thread when the patch is out to let you know what's what.

A shame, as it was genuinely engrossing; got in four hours before hitting the snag.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 20-02-2018, 04:20 PM
Pure Codology

Had a quick squizz and there's apparently a week one patch which has rolled out on pc and (I think) PlayStation, but it hasn't hit the xbone yet, which I'm on.

Imagine there will be a fair amount of patching on this game as there are funny and not so funny bugs all over the gaff.

Still going to have another go tonight as I'm hooked and I want to see if I can circumvent this game stopping bug (it's on the main quest.)

Had training in combat before it all went down the tubes and it really is ace, I'm actually amazed I won the few knuckles I did without the training as it's quite complex. Though I think when you come up against professional swordsmen you will need it all in your locker.

Don't want to put spoilers on this thread in case anyone picks up the game in future, but there's a character you spar against who is an egregious prick and I gave him a royal pummelling which put me in hot water afterwards as he's from the nobility.

Felt good though.

Wouldn't recommend buying it until it's been patched to buggery, but tbh I love the game so far.

Need to get a horse to pick rare flowers and piss about in the woods.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 20-02-2018, 07:39 PM
Pure Codology

Tucked the nippers up and the missus is out on the lash, so fired up the game, played the game of dice, lost and it went to a cutscene straight away.

Back in Bohemia, baby!

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 20-02-2018, 08:40 PM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Really want to get this but still got some other titles i need to complete first. Seen it has a 23GB patch? so like you say going to have quite a few bugs to iron out first, hopefully get this next month, but sounds great from your description so far
Old 20-02-2018, 10:17 PM
Pure Codology

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1905 View Post
Really want to get this but still got some other titles i need to complete first. Seen it has a 23GB patch? so like you say going to have quite a few bugs to iron out first, hopefully get this next month, but sounds great from your description so far
Yeah 23gig day one patch, hopefully plenty to follow. If it's your type of game then i'd definitely recommend it, but you've 100% nothing at all to lose by waiting and plenty to gain.

In my ganders today I noticed that they might be changing the save system, which I think would be a shame, even though it makes everything a massive challenge, in fact, that why I like it.

Currently hunting in the woods. I'm in more danger than the wildlife!

Sir Clinton Morrison