Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 12-11-2018, 12:02 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Pound symbol on windows 10

My company has sent me my lovely new laptop but the numptys sent it with a USA keyboard. Rather than going through the fight of sending it back and waiting weeks for a new one, I thought it would simply have a short cut. I canít use alt 0163 as I donít have a num pad. I have found ctrl alt $ gives me a Euro Ä but Iím buggered if I can find or goggle a pound symbol short cut. Anyone know the answer please before I throw the thing out the window? Thanks

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 12-11-2018, 12:19 PM
Cashback!

SEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Have you tried ALTGr+Shift+4?
2012 - CPFC 3-0 BHAFC
2013 - BHAFC 0-2 CPFC (Play off Semi Final 2nd leg)
Old 12-11-2018, 12:20 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Or copy and paste a £ from elsewhere ...
Old 12-11-2018, 12:25 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Can you not just reset the keyboard from US to UK in the settings?

This might be it:

How do I change my keyboard from US to UK Windows 10?
Set a default keyboard layout:
Click the Start menu and select Settings.
Select Time & language.
Click Region & language in the left column.
Under Languages click the language you want as default and click Set as default.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:28 PM
Quicker than the human I

hong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yes, just change the keyboard setting, Bob's your uncle. You may need a work IT admin to sort you out with that if you don't have admin rights though.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:35 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Get a flat head screwdriver and prise the keys off it, then glue them on in the correct places.

It's called 'taking back control'.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:38 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEEPEEEFFSEE View Post
Have you tried ALTGr+Shift+4?
Thx but I donít have Altgr only alt either side of the space bar and neither works

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 12-11-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith View Post
Or copy and paste a £ from elsewhere ...
Too much of a faff as I use the pound sign in just about every email

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 12-11-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
Can you not just reset the keyboard from US to UK in the settings?

This might be it:

How do I change my keyboard from US to UK Windows 10?
Set a default keyboard layout:
Click the Start menu and select Settings.
Select Time & language.
Click Region & language in the left column.
Under Languages click the language you want as default and click Set as default.
Then all the other keys come up with different stuff an donít match the keys. I have to look at what I am pressing :-)

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 12-11-2018, 12:40 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Get a flat head screwdriver and prise the keys off it, then glue them on in the correct places.

Get a nice blue cover for your laptop as well
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 12-11-2018, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post

Even if I did this it would still have the wrong symbol.

Tanks for all your suggestions so far but I canít beleive there is not a simple answer like the euro Ä

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 12-11-2018, 12:48 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
ALT-0163?
Old 12-11-2018, 12:58 PM

Yep but I have no num pad and it doesn’t work with the 1-9 along the top

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 12-11-2018, 01:01 PM

I though I might live with the USA keyboard mapped to UK and tippex the pound and @ on the changed places but now find I’ve lost the #

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 12-11-2018, 01:12 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Too much of a faff as I use the pound sign in just about every email
I used to use GBP instead of the £
Old 12-11-2018, 01:37 PM

eureka!

Map to USA International keyboard
All the keys remain the same BUT with a ctrl alt shift 4 I get .....£

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 12-11-2018, 01:49 PM
Old and jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
eureka!

Map to USA International keyboard
All the keys remain the same BUT with a ctrl alt shift 4 I get .....£
Old 13-11-2018, 12:03 AM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Get an external keyboard, USB or Bluetooth, full size or compact travel type it's up to you. In the meantime ask for another laptop with a UK keyboard which they can send you while you work on the US one. Then you can send the US one back, or wait for them to chase you for it back in the hope that they forget and you can keep it.