Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

View Poll Results: What is the best video game ever?
Pro Evolution/ISS (any) 19 13.38%
Grant Theft Auto (any) 36 25.35%
FIFA (any) 9 6.34%
Sonic (any) 5 3.52%
Sensible Soccer 13 9.15%
Tetris 3 2.11%
Super Mario (platformers) 10 7.04%
Super Mario Kart 17 11.97%
R-Type 0 0%
Paperboy 0 0%
Double Dragon 0 0%
WWE Smackdown (any) 2 1.41%
Zelda 7 4.93%
Street Fighter II and its million spin-offs 3 2.11%
Championship Manager 2/3 (let's face it, 4 is shite) 14 9.86%
Jet Set Willy 4 2.82%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2004, 05:46 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
IMHO Tomb Raider.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:44 AM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Calder2
Oh and Gran Turismo series
Yeah. Very well spotted. Both are best of their genre.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:50 AM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Elite
Old 11-03-2004, 01:45 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
For me, it has to be Sensible World Of Soccer. It really got me into a football at the time (living in Switzerland, football isnt really the most tought sport), it was my first football game, and it's something I can still pick up and play.

The variety in the number of leagues and teams it had just made it a great play.

Current day, I'd say on the PS2 Pro Evo 3, Gran Tourismo and GTA are awesome, HALO and Project Gotham Racing 2 on the Xbox and for almost certain future classics, you can't go much better than Half Life 2 on the PC...which really does look amazing.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:37 AM
Forever Young

Wingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
... and for almost certain future classics, you can't go much better than Half Life 2 on the PC...which really does look amazing.
Too damn right, can't wait for that one. Downloaded all the trailers I can get me hands on. Pity someone stole the source code, or it could have been out last September. Looking forward to a Christmas or sooner release hopefully...
Old 11-03-2004, 07:38 AM

gingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Wingy_CPFC

Special mention for best ever series HAS to go to Final Fantasy for me, I've fallen in love with every one of them, absolute gems. Haven't played FF X-2 yet though - can anyone tell me how good it actually is compared to FF X?
It's not too bad mate the graphics are up to the usual standard I've nearlly completed it but I have on't done 47% of it so I'll play it again abd try to do everything. You only use 3 characters but they have different outfits they can change into. The game in it's self is quite good the story line is not quite as good as the rest but still worth playing if you want any more info pm me.
Old 09-12-2004, 01:31 PM
King of Curry

Lombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I feel that a more upto date version of one of the greatest football games -Sensible World of Soccer- is well over due.
Old 09-12-2004, 08:43 PM
el ballothundero

kiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Where is Medal of Honor? What about Half-Life?

Turning Wright Facebook Page

Turning Wright on Etsy

Maker of pens, turner of wood
Old 10-12-2004, 03:52 AM

GJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
(1) Rome Total War - for those of us who like to think strategically! Seriously, if you are not a fan of the turn strategy based games, then this will convert you! Its so addictive, that i sometimes cant sleep at night because im still thinking about how to get control of th esenate!

(2) Mario Kart - self explanatory really. anyone with a brain can play this game, yet still fun even after all these years.

(3) Deus Ex - this is the game that has defined the way in which computer games will go in the future. it allows you to play the way you want to play. i have recently completed it for the fifth time; there is always something new to do, discover.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:48 AM
Dismembered

Desmondo is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsDesmondo is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsDesmondo is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsDesmondo is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsDesmondo is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsDesmondo is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsDesmondo is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsDesmondo is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsDesmondo is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsDesmondo is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsDesmondo is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
Quote:
Originally posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels
Elite
Agree totally, the grandaddy of them all
Old 28-12-2004, 12:27 AM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
My favourite games are

Mario64
Goldeneye
Mario Kart
Grand theft Auto 3
Champ manager 2
Medal Of honour

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 28-12-2018, 10:29 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Metal Gear Solid.

And now you can play for free on PC thanks to some dude on Reddit:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Worked fine for me and was easy to install, however i did have to install Daemon Tools Lite and mount an image for it to accept that there was a disc inserted.
Old 28-12-2018, 10:37 PM
Banned by Moderators

Croydonexile2 is playing for a contract
Back in the day - Super Mario kart (Battle mode) with some really excellent skunk, a few mates and a late start the next day at college.

Last edited by Croydonexile2; 28-12-2018 at 10:40 PM.
Old 29-12-2018, 03:04 PM

LSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Has anyone mentioned Mass Effect 2, in my view a perfect game.
Old 29-12-2018, 04:30 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSEagle View Post
Has anyone mentioned Mass Effect 2, in my view a perfect game.

Yeh what a game. 10/10
Old 30-12-2018, 06:11 PM

marantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Streets of rage 2 megadrive
Old 30-12-2018, 07:15 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by marantz View Post
Streets of rage 2 megadrive
good game, probably best remembered for its soundtrack.
Old 30-12-2018, 07:31 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croydonexile2 View Post
Back in the day - Super Mario kart (Battle mode) with some really excellent skunk, a few mates and a late start the next day at college.
Great shout, it was so unique at the time.
I've gone back to Double dragon, Street fighter 2, Megaman2, Sonic 2, Super Mario World, Super Mario 3, rush n attack, theme park, Golden Eye 64, Golden Axe more times than I care to mention.
Old 30-12-2018, 08:03 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
Chuckie egg....?
Old 30-12-2018, 08:06 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Could never choose one, but can do a list of favourites from since I picked up a game boy in 2005:

Pokemon Emerald
Pokemon FireRed
Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness
Super Smash Bros: Melee
Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005)
Lego Star Wars: The complete saga
Tekken 4
FIFA 07
FIFA 12
Football Manager (in general)
COD: World at War
COD: Black Ops
Bioshock
Mortal Kombat 9
Borderlands
Borderlands 2
Fallout 3
Assassins Creed 2
Sleeping Dogs
Tomb Raider (2013)
Resident Evil 7

Last edited by CP-RJW; 30-12-2018 at 08:13 PM.